Which bowl game will we go to?

I don't think Alabama will be going to the national championship game. Some people will change their votes. In addition to that, Virginia Tech is ranked #3 in the USA Today Poll. They are losing by 21 points right now. So Oklahoma State will move up at least 1 rank there. That could help push them over. I also think they may move ahead of Stanford in that poll after this.

They probably also need to move ahead or very close to Alabama in the polls. I don't know if they'll move ahead of them in the computers. Remember that margin of victory cannot be used in the computer rankings. I'm starting to believe it could happen though.

I don't think Alabama will be going to the national championship game. Some people will change their votes. In addition to that, Virginia Tech is ranked #3 in the USA Today Poll. They are losing by 21 points right now. So Oklahoma State will move up at least 1 rank there. That could help push them over. I also think they may move ahead of Stanford in that poll after this.

Okie state is a mile and a half behind with only a furlong to go. No chance even if it is 70-3....

JMO

IDK about that, they are # 5 in the coaches poll behind a VT team that is getting taken behind the woodshed and a Stanford team that is done playing. I can see them getting up to # 3 and the computers love oSu (they had them # 1 all year until they lost to ISU) so it's not inconceivable that oSu could change enough minds to make it close.

But it's reasons like this that make it imperative that we get a playoff. The "perception" part needs to be taken out.

Okie state is a mile and a half behind with only a furlong to go. No chance even if it is 70-3....

JMO

They probably also need to move ahead or very close to Alabama in the polls. I don't know if they'll move ahead of them in the computers. Remember that margin of victory cannot be used in the computer rankings. I'm starting to believe it could happen though.

I remember loads of people changing their votes about 14 years ago with two teams who had the same records. Very few people want to watch Alabama vs LSU again, and now OSU has given the voters an excuse for moving OSU ahead of Alabama without having to feel too guilty about it. I think it's very possible.

JMO

I remember loads of people changing their votes about 14 years ago with two teams who had the same records. Very few people want to watch Alabama vs LSU again, and now OSU has given the voters an excuse for moving OSU ahead of Alabama without having to feel too guilty about it. I think it's very possible.

Having the terrible defense they have coupled with the ISU loss puts a tremendous amount of doubt out there. One more thing.... Without winning em all, they have nothing to cry about. (neither does Bama) OSU's body of work not that strong. TAMU win was weak, too....

Is Michigan's BCS at large in jeopardy now?

LSU / OSU / Oregon / Clemson / WV / B10 winner -- locked in for sure to BCS bowls

Bama / Stanford -- locked as at larges

That leaves two spots...

If TCU moves into the top 16, and is ranked ahead of WV, they are guaranteed a spot

K-State is well ahead of Michigan

VT may still be ahead of Michigan after losing to Clemson (baring a miracle at this point)

Anywho...if Michigan does get knocked out of a BCS at large, they go Capital One for sure, and if Wisconsin loses I could see the Outback Bowl wanted them over us...then it comes to picking between us and Penn for the Insight. And If I'm looking at this right, assuming that Baylor and OU take the Cotton and Alamo, that leaves the Insight to pick between Mizzou and Texas, and Mizzou went last year.

Dear god, the chips are falling in the direction of a matchup with Texas in the Insight Bowl.....

LSU / OSU / Oregon / Clemson / WV / B10 winner -- locked in for sure to BCS bowls

That leaves two spots...

If TCU moves into the top 16, and is ranked ahead of WV, they are guaranteed a spot

VT may still be ahead of Michigan after losing to Clemson (baring a miracle at this point)

VaTech will not drop under Michigan. I don't think Oklahoma will either. If OK does, it will be barely below.(1 spot) I doubt that, though. I think Michigan sneaks in.

That leaves two spots...

Anywho...if Michigan does get knocked out of a BCS at large, they go Capital One for sure, and if Wisconsin loses I could see the Outback Bowl wanted them over us...then it comes to picking between us and Penn for the Insight. And If I'm looking at this right, assuming that Baylor and OU take the Cotton and Alamo, that leaves the Insight to pick between Mizzou and Texas, and Mizzou went last year.

Dear god, the chips are falling in the direction of a matchup with Texas in the Insight Bowl.....

WVU may jump TCU....

JMO

IDK about that, they are # 5 in the coaches poll behind a VT team that is getting taken behind the woodshed and a Stanford team that is done playing. I can see them getting up to # 3 and the computers love oSu (they had them # 1 all year until they lost to ISU) so it's not inconceivable that oSu could change enough minds to make it close.

But it's reasons like this that make it imperative that we get a playoff. The "perception" part needs to be taken out.

I love the BCS. Playoff every week. You win and you have NOTHING to CRY ABOUT. Watch Gundy cry like a little girl about how they "deserve it"