Who will be hurting the most next season?

ladyhawke

Wisconsin will be hurting for sure, because they really dont have a solid backup to Wilson. As far as Nebraska goes, David and Dennard are the best players on the defense, by far! I am really worried about the NU defense for next year, however, Martinez and co. I think will be among the best in the buisness next year. Burkhead, with the 3 sophs., Taylor, Bell, Enunwa.. Really, this offense doesn't lose much to graduation. Not to mention another year of experience for Beck. Feel really good about the offense, defense I am a bit worried.

Wisconsin will be hurting for sure, because they really dont have a solid backup to Wilson. As far as Nebraska goes, David and Dennard are the best players on the defense, by far! I am really worried about the NU defense for next year, however, Martinez and co. I think will be among the best in the buisness next year. Burkhead, with the 3 sophs., Taylor, Bell, Enunwa.. Really, this offense doesn't lose much to graduation. Not to mention another year of experience for Beck. Feel really good about the offense, defense I am a bit worried.

Doesn't Bo have some young kids that he thinks will be stepping up and taking the place of the kids that are leaving? I thought I read that somewhere. Crick will be gone too. Blah! Will we also have someone new as DC Coordinator if Carl takes a HC job somewhere else (that's all speculation-I know) I don't know. I think maybe we might be surprised next year on defense. It's always easy to fret about those really good players leaving but here we are at 9-3 playing without Prince, Pierre, Assante, Dillard, and company. We thought we would fold without them too. I hope that there will be some really hungry sophomores or JUCO transfers that will come in and take over those positions. Look at Stafford this year! Really looking good. Andrew Green too! I know they're young but they can be coached up.

When we look at players returning to play on the various B1G teams next year, who will be hurting the most? What will Wiscy look like without Wilson and Nick Toon? Michigan State without BJ Cunningham? Ohio State/Penn State getting used to a new coach?

Nebraska without Dennard and David? What do you think?

That's a good question. We lose easily our two best players on that side of the ball. However, that's it....just "two". As great as they are I'm inclined to think we'll be better anyway with boatloads of talented players from the last two good recruiting classes coming in.

Offensively, wow......we're in sensational good shape. Especially with the new road-graders starting to appear. I bet Beck is drooling just thinking about it.

Whaley has been making some plays at the LB spot when he does get some playing time and Compton has improved tremendously from the beginning of the season. Andrew Green is shoring up to be a solid corner as well. With Santos coming in, I actually think the D won't drop off that much....it may even get better. We'll have to wait and see....

Of the 3 teams that beat NU this year, I'm most afraid of Michigan (by far). Wisconsin without Russel Wilson would have been vastly different this year. I suspect they will struggle on offense a little next yr. NW was a fluke loss and Persa graduates.

Of the teams we beat - I'm most concerned about Ohio St. They will have a new coach, but lots of talent to work with.... AND we play the Buckeyes in Ohio next yr. Michigan St ...??? Who replaces Cousins? Penn St .... new coach, lots of unrest.

Overall, I think our chance of a conference championship is better next yr. but far from easy.

Of the 3 teams that beat NU this year, I'm most afraid of Michigan (by far). Wisconsin without Russel Wilson would have been vastly different this year. I suspect they will struggle on offense a little next yr. NW was a fluke loss and Persa graduates.

Of the teams we beat - I'm most concerned about Ohio St. They will have a new coach, but lots of talent to work with.... AND we play the Buckeyes in Ohio next yr. Michigan St ...??? Who replaces Cousins? Penn St .... new coach, lots of unrest.

Overall, I think our chance of a conference championship is better next yr. but far from easy.

Persa wasn't our problem, Kolter was.

Penn State is gonna be hurting. They keep Silas Redd and their QB, but graduate most of their line on both sides of the ball. Plus, they'll have a new coach whether it's the interim guy coaching now, Tom Bradley, or they hire someone new. If they do try to hire someone new, well, I can't imagine Penn State will be a very attractive place to work for a few year. They are pretty much boned.