Coaching carousel 2011

Nexus

Per Twitter, possibly 10 BCS schools could have HC openings. I'm not including Ohio State because I'm guessing Urban will take it when it's all said and done.

Texas A&M

Tennessee

Penn State

UCLA

Illinois

Arizona State

Washington State

Kansas

Ole Miss

North Carolina

As for possible non-BCS openings:

Akron

Florida Atlantic

Memphis

Fresno State

UAB

Colorado State

A couple good sites to follow coaching carousel news:

Football Rumor Mill

Football Scoop

• Fire 1

Pat Hill on the hot seat, taking a break, retiring or what? I don't get that one at all.

Hill has had too many losing seasons lately, and add in he has never won an outright WAC title in 15 years... Not all that surprising.

Eh..like 2 in his career? I suppose every program does what they have to...but for awhile the WAC was easily the most competitive non-AQ conference (Boise, Hawaii, Nevada).

Pat Hill on the hot seat, taking a break, retiring or what? I don't get that one at all.

Hill has had too many losing seasons lately, and add in he has never won an outright WAC title in 15 years... Not all that surprising.

Eh..like 2 in his career? I suppose every program does what they have to...but for awhile the WAC was easily the most competitive non-AQ conference (Boise, Hawaii, Nevada).

Those were shares of a title, not an outright, and its been more than half a decade since they were even close.

No surprise here, but my Twitter timeline is now saying both Neuheisel and Erickson have been fired but Erickson will coach the bowl game. Apparently Texas A&M is 50/50 on whether they'll fire Sherman or not.

Coaching carousel 2011. To be continued...

Multiple sources close to the program are indicating that UCLA head coach Rick Neuheisel will be relieved of his duties following the team's appearance in the Pac-12 championship game on Friday.

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2011/11/ucla-coaching-update.html

Wow...it's become a regular crap house in college football coaching! Man! I haven't seen this many firings for a long time! I caught a brief comment from an article or message board I was reading to the fact that 'Don't look now but 1 year and your out' may be just around the corner ! I hope not! STOP THE MADNESS NOW!! Good Grief!!

I almost posted this in the Owa thread, but I didn't want it to come off as cracking on the kid for his decision. Still, it's hard not to remember the fact that we lost this highly-touted recruit to a used car salesman. Not that Husker Fans have any reason to recall Neuheisel with any kind of fondness. His tenure at Colorado was one potshot at Nebraska after another, words which he was never able to back up (Slick Rick went 0-3 against us at CU).

These Coaches Better Win.... Now

Tom Dienhart

The heat is on, especially in the Pac-12.

The new league christens a new era of 12-team, two division football with four coaches on the hot seat: UCLA's Rick Neuheisel, Washington State's Paul Wulff, Arizona State's Dennis Erickson and Cal's Jeff Tedford.

We're exactly three months from the start of the 2011 season, and here is a ranking of the 14 hottest seats in the nation. It's time to win, guys.

1. Rick Neuheisel, UCLA

The buzz: Upon arrival at his alma mater after the 2007 season, UCLA and Neuheisel took aim at USC. Neuheisel was featured in a UCLA marketing campaign that stated, "The Football Monopoly in L.A. Is Officially Over." He also said, "When you're at UCLA, you have to have your passion bucket full when you play the Trojans." It all has proven to be a lot of hot air. Neuheisel is 0-3 against the Trojans, getting outscored 84-28. He's 15-22 overall with one bowl and no finish higher than eighth in the Pac-10.