Coaching carousel 2011

Nexus

Washington State fired Paul Wulff today.

This is perplexing. Washington State hasn't had a good team in, well, forever. It's been nearly a decade since they broke .500. Who are they going to get who's better than Wulff? What's with teams like Wazoo and Kansas anyway?

Washington State fired Paul Wulff today.

This is perplexing. Washington State hasn't had a good team in, well, forever. It's been nearly a decade since they broke .500. Who are they going to get who's better than Wulff? What's with teams like Wazoo and Kansas anyway?

They're a paradox. From '01-'03 they were 30-8. Went to the Rose Bowl in 2002. In '97 they were 10-2 and played in the Rose Bowl. But everything between those years has been subpar seasons. If they could get a proven coach like Mike Leach, they might be able to string together a decades worth of 8 or more wins per season.

According to @fbrumormill Jim Leavitt is a candidate at KU.

Define irony? Both Mangino and Leavitt were fired from their last jobs in '09 for abuse against their own players.

Despite that, Leavitt is a decent coach from an X's & O's standpoint.

Seriously though has every first tier program* now changed coaches recently? By recent I'll go since 2008, of course.

I dunno if 3 years for everyone changing is abnormal. It seemed at one point we had an era of Paterno, Bowden, Brown, Tressel, and Carrol was just never going to end.

*And while I was typing it I thought of Stoops and Richt as exceptions.

** And recalled that Saban has been at Bama 5 years. and LSU now counts a 1st tier

:facepalm:nothing to see here

Seriously though has every first tier program* now changed coaches recently? By recent I'll go since 2008, of course.

I dunno if 3 years for everyone changing is abnormal. It seemed at one point we had an era of Paterno, Bowden, Brown, Tressel, and Carrol was just never going to end.

** And recalled that Saban has been at Bama 5 years. and LSU now counts a 1st tier

UMMM your on husker board and didn't even bring up Dr. Tom

Come on man

Come on man

He's not coaching right? I included Nebraska since 08.

Come on man

I don't mean to be an Ass but seriously. Is NU really a first tier program anymore?

Come on man

I don't mean to be an Ass but seriously. Is NU really a first tier program anymore?

How could you possibly ask that on a Husker message board, and not mean to be an Ass? Seriously. :lame

Come on man

How could you possibly ask that on a Husker message board, and not mean to be an Ass? Seriously. :lame

I know...I know. Definitely bordering on the edge of troll land but I didn't mean it that way.....