Coaching carousel 2011

Nexus

Dave Wannstedt 2005-2010

Phil Bennet 2010 (bowl game)

Michael Haywood Dec 16, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011

Todd Graham 2011

Good luck, Pedey. Couldn't happen to nicer guy.

If he would hurry up he could have 5 coaches in one year. That would have to be a record.

I could see him try to grab Maryland's coach. I think that guy wanted to be at Pitt in the worst way last time and he's getting heat there now for changing the culture and getting his ass kicked.

First name I saw for Pitt was "William Callahan"

No joke

Dave Wannstedt 2005-2010

Phil Bennet 2010 (bowl game)

Michael Haywood Dec 16, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011

Todd Graham 2011

Good luck, Pedey. Couldn't happen to nicer guy.

Looks like his potential STATUE at Pitt will come to the same failed fruition as his unfulfilled desire outside Memorial Stadium.........................

Todd Graham leaves Pitt after one season to take Arizona St. Job. Graham told his team by.......TEXT MESSAGE! What a dousche! Steve Pederson sure knows how to pick 'em!

*Side Note: Anyone notice this year watching Pitt games on ESPN that Pitt has the same tunnel walk song as Nebraska. Coincidence?

Maybe he'll go for Wanny.........part deux...............

I'd rather see Wanny take over as AD and Pederson hit the bricks again. Now THAT would be funny. :lol:

According to Lee Barfknecht's blogthere is a 'scuttlebutt' about that happening... That would be so awesome.

Paul Rhoads was believed to be on the Pitt shortlist to replace Graham but Iowa State upped the ante on his contract and Rhoads agreed to the terms. Rumored to be 10 yrs. $20 million.

That guy's a great coach. Money well spent by ISU. He gets more production out of less talent than anyone I can think of off the top of my head.

If there was one quality I wish Bo could steal from this guy, it'd be getting his guys ready for big games. He's beaten a good team or two consistently each year he's been there. Which is hard to do at ISU. However, he could stand to learn from Bo how to get the team ready for a road game. ISU's gotten their doors blown off quite a few times on the road... (yeah, I remember the UW and UM games... :( )

Ha...I had totally forgot about Pederson's hire of Haywood. I feel sorry for Pitt fans. Terrible AD, no coach, no stadium, no care. Pretty sad for a program that does have a decent history and just "upgraded" to the ACC.

Well, getting arrested is the career equivalent of a conviction due to skinless employers. Too bad no one has the stones to wait for the facts to come out.

@footballscoop is reporting that current South Carolina DC, Ellis Johnson will be named the new head coach at Southern Miss.

Curious if he'll still coach the Cap One Bowl against us in a couple weeks? If so, we'll be facing him two consecutive games since Southern Miss is our first game on the schedule next year.

@footballscoop is reporting that current South Carolina DC, Ellis Johnson will be named the new head coach at Southern Miss.

Curious if he'll still coach the Cap One Bowl against us in a couple weeks? If so, we'll be facing him two consecutive games since Southern Miss is our first game on the schedule next year.

Apparently he won't......................

@footballscoop reporting that Terry Bowden will be the next coach at Akron.

I could see Terry Bowden developing into a top level coach in the next few years. Again. Played D1 fb, wicked smart, great coaching lineage. This was an awesome get by the Zips. Don't see Terry staying more than a couple or three years though. Then again, perhaps he's fed up with dealing with Auburn-type boosters. He won't have that trouble at Akron.