Nebraska is #20 in AP Poll

ladyhawke

A team that has beaten five BCS top 25 teams. Alabama has beaten two.

A team that has beaten seven BCS top 50 teams. Alabama has beaten five.

A team that has six wins over FBS teams with winning records. Alabama has three.

A team whose SOS ranks #8 in the country. Alabama's ranks #23.

Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State. Alabama lost to LSU. Advantage = Alabama. But the rest of the resume is decidedly in Oklahoma State's favor.

Haha, true. To be fair this season is a mess and I'll admit the idea of an MNC game between two opponents from the same conference isn't that appealing to me. I just don't see an alternative with any real merit.

UCLA TO THE ROSE BOWL TO PLAY WISCONSIN.

Wisconsin will beat the crap outta UCLA. Too bad USC is under sanctions. That would be da bomb!

The only positive issue to come out of a LSU-Bama rematch would be to fire up the playoff crowd again. Otherwise.............it's a snooze-fest...........

If you want to be REALLY po'd........................Read "Death to the BCS"..............................an incredible eye-opener into the total corruption of the bowls and the entire sordid process...........

Presuming they beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma State.

That is the matchup I would vote for. I look at it this way. What if the BCS has the LSU vs Ala rematch & all the other SEC teams tank in their Bowl games? LSU has not played anyone from the Big 12 or Big 10. Alabama beat Penn St by 16, but beat Fl, Aub & Ark by more points. This rematch shows me nothing more then the BCS likes SEC teams, because what they have done in the past few championship games. I just can't figure out why anyone would wanna see a rematch game over a LSU vs Okie Lite game. Offense vs Defense.

I'd have to do the digging to check if its true but I've read that SEC teams have only lost 6 OOC games this year, say what you will about their scheduling thats still pretty impressive...and I don't need LSU to play any Big Ten teams to know that they're better...I dread SEC-Big Ten matchups lately.

There's no question they've got the best conference in the country.

I'm excited about a Bama-LSU matchup. I think they're the two most deserving teams? Who deserves it more than Bama? Oregon? Oklahoma? nah....

Why not just replay the November 5th game on your DVR, then? It'll be the same game. Why would you want to watch that twice?

You mean like our Holiday Bowl rematch against Washington? :)

I'd have to do the digging to check if its true but I've read that SEC teams have only lost 6 OOC games this year, say what you will about their scheduling thats still pretty impressive...and I don't need LSU to play any Big Ten teams to know that they're better...I dread SEC-Big Ten matchups lately.

There's no question they've got the best conference in the country.

I'm right there with you which is why I'm not all that excited about playing Arkansas in a bowl game. All conferences are playing catch up with the SEC right now and it appears year after year that they win the NC that we're all just falling further and further behind them. I truelly believe this is why Urban quit/retired from Florida. The competition was getting too much for him.

In terms of the best game for the NC, it will be LSU vs. Bama. I just don't see Okie State having much success against either of those defenses. Plus, I wouldn't bet Okie State can even beat OU. While I realize Venables is a liability in this game, Okie State's D isn't exactly great by any means. As long as OU doesn't start slow like they did against TT, they win this game. It will more than likely be a great track meet.

I'm all for a playoff. What I don't like about the LSU vs. Bama NC game is the fact that their regular season game will have meant absolutely zero. If Bama wins this game, I highly doubt LSU gets a share of the title. Isn't this what everyone who is against a playoff hates the thought of? I mean the regular season game means nothing here. Another thing I don't like about how things currently are is the fact that more than two teams from the SEC should be rewarded a top tier bowl (BCS bowl), but won't get it unless Georgia miraculously beats LSU. This means some teams who have no right in BCS bowls are going to get in.

Andy Staples put us at #20 on his ballot. His writeup:

Nebraska chose to leave the Big 12 last year rather than the other way around, but the Cornhuskers' message was clear: The league is all yours, Ted -- I mean, Texas. Nebraska struck out for the Big Ten, and while the Huskers' first season in the league didn't produce a division title, they fared well considering they endured several crushing injuries -- to defensive tackle Jared Crick, for example -- and had to face all of the Big Ten's heavyweights in a schedule that can only be described as hazing the new guys. The Huskers are likely bound for a Florida bowl. The Outback seems like a logical destination. South Carolina seems like a logical opponent. Enjoy the Cuban sandwiches, Huskers. You've earned them.

LINK

Probably because Baylor would beat NU this year. RGIII is the best player in college football and he and Wright would run circles around NU's secondary.

this.

We could handle Wright and I wouldn't forget that Baylor's D is hot-garbage. They are a bad match-up for us obviously but they also should've lost to sorry-ass KU. We could hang with them, would probably have to win the turnover battle to get the W.