Rumblings of Player Transfer

Landlord

Quickly....someone call Ganz and have him make a phone call...... a pep talk from a winner should go further than advice from a quitter..... assuming all of the talk about Cody Green is true.....

Please make sure to use first names when saying "Green".....too many guys named Green in this thread for me to follow.

First off, any kid leaving any school no matter how "mature" they seem about it is going to still be pissed.

Secondly, for Carnes, leave. Seriously, you have 3 years left to play and if you think you wont see the field you should leave. Its like a job, if you see the writing on the wall that there is no room to move up then you start looking for something better.

Its kind of like girls too, if you see that they keep gaining weight and have decided they don't need a gym membership and that the super sexy hip hugging pink sweats with a tank top turned into Walmart 5 dollar gray sweats with a hanes hoodie, well then its time to look for something better.

Couldn't really blame Carnes. It's pretty clear that Martinez is going to be the QB until/unless he gets hurt or graduates. People can speculate all they want to about this situation but the writing is on the wall for BC.

Plus, Tommy Armstrong coming in. Carnes is looking like a career backup if he stick it out N. I hope he does though.

My guess is that Cody felt the staff plays favorite with Taylor and knows Brion isn't getting any opportunity. I don't think Cody was cool with Taylor and I think he tweeted about Taylor's inefficiencies at one point as well. Seems to be some friction there

Imagine that, two guys that are not great at passing ripping on each others abilities!

Thats like two midgets arguing over who is taller.

If true, it reflects poorly on Green. It's one thing to evaluate and act on your personal situation, but quite another to be vindictive against a program.

Well we're getting pretty deep into hypotheticals here, but I don't think it's an issue if Brion talked to Green about how transferring worked out. I could see how someone who may feel a little disgruntled may go beyond advice to encouragement though.

I disagree, you can blame Carnes if it happens. This is an instant gratification society we live in. No longer is anyone willing to work harder to earn a job or get better. They all expect it to be given to them. You see it at all levels, kids transfer schools in high school because the grass is greener somewhere else. Happens all the time. Sorry but these are future leaders of our world and if they don't get what they want right away they either quit or they go somewhere else rather than sucking it up and doing what it takes to get better. No loyalty what-so-ever, it's all about "me".

• Fire 1

It bet its Carnes if anything. No point in riding the pine for the next 2 years waiting for T-Mart to leave. But then again, didnt Ganz do that.

And he became a fan favorite that year and in years after.

There's nothing wrong with riding the pine until its your turn. Unfortunately, its evident now more than ever that a lot of young kids want to play early and often. Not saying this is true with Carnes, but it's been proven in other capacities.

There are too many programs that will play freshman nowadays. The days of riding the pine are all but over.

I disagree, you can blame Carnes if it happens. This is an instant gratification society we live in. No longer is anyone willing to work harder to earn a job or get better. They all expect it to be given to them. You see it at all levels, kids transfer schools in high school because the grass is greener somewhere else. Happens all the time. Sorry but these are future leaders of our world and if they don't get what they want right away they either quit or they go somewhere else rather than sucking it up and doing what it takes to get better. No loyalty what-so-ever, it's all about "me".

But is Bo playing the better athletes rather than the people who are less talented but know the system more? You can't replace athletic ability.

You know who teaches them that, right? It is the parents of those kids. Which means its people in their late 30s to early 50's

This isn't a new thing. Did you enjoy the '97 season? Thank a transfer.

• Fire 1

You know who teaches them that, right? It is the parents of those kids. Which means its people in their late 30s to early 50's

I am right with you techercd.....great point..... assuming from the sig that you teach ..... so do I , and it is amazing how TRUE your statement is...parents who refuse to hold their kids accountable

I've never thought poorly of a player who feels his best career move is transferring somewhere else. If I was a player who truly loved the game and wanted to play rather than sit the bench, I wouldn't have second thoughts about leaving and trying my hand at another school. Maybe he doesn't really have Div 1 skills and Bo told him that. If that is the case then we really only have one Qb on our roster! If there are other guys on the team ( and I think there might be about 25) on scholarship who aren't going to have a sniff at playing time I would like to see them transfer and free up a few this year.