Did Urban Meyer bail on Florida?

2 years at Bowling Green, 2 years at Utah, 6 at Florida with the last being an 8-5 season. Quits and they go 6-6. Shows up again at Ohio State.

I know why he says he left Florida, but................

He may be a coach that likes the challenge of building/rebuilding a program. imo, Buckeye fans shouldn't hope that his MO will change and enjoy what he brings while he's there.

I think he will be the Larry Brown of football and not stay too long in any one place

Yeah, I could see Urban ending up a coaching gypsy like Larry Brown. Except Urban probably won't leave behind a knocked-up 20 year old coed like Larry Brown left at KU when he bailed out.

Meyer has been criticized by some commentators because 30 of his players were arrested during his nearly six years as the Gators' coach. The seriousness of the charges varied widely, from minor offenses such as possession of alcohol by a minor to the charge of possession of a concealed weapon, and many of the charges were ultimately dismissed. Meyer's punishments also varied with the severity of the charges, with some players never missing game time and others being kicked off the team.

In September 2010, after Gator receiver Chris Rainey was arrested for sending a threatening text message to a former girlfriend, Meyer stated that he was "real upset about that. After a while, enough's enough. If there's something that we can improve on, we're certainly looking into that. It's like if our graduation rate stinks then we gotta improve that. If there's other issues in a program, that's our job to get it better. It's people making stupid mistakes, that's something we gotta correct."

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Urban_Meyer

I am glad he is not our HC.

This was getting a lot of radio play today that FL fans are upset about this. I have to admit I was skeptical about the leaving, no I am staying, well I'll be around but not the coach...the ending at FL did seem odd. So, now to see him back so quickly does bring up questions. I think he is set up for a good situation and expect he will win at OSU. If he doesn't, the legend of Tebow will only grow larger! As in Tebow made FL, not Meyer.

Here is my tin foil hat speculation.

He retired to make sure he could get the Ohio State job. Tressel was supposed to retire in 2014. During that time, he was working with Spielman in the broadcast booth. Both were going to work the angle to make sure he got the coaching job when Tressel retired. The scandal just accelerated everything. He wanted to put his heart and soul on his dream job (Ohio State has always been his dream with the opt out clauses in Utah and Florida) so he wanted to spend as much time as possible with his family before that.

Now he's going to have a team of assistants so he is be able to watch his children more instead. When they graduate, it will be different (if he stays that long). I expect him hear about 4 years. (Maybe more if the athletes make it easy for him)

With Fickell, Meyer, and Vrabel doing the recruiting, the rings alone in there as well as the facilities should be able to bring any recruit they want to Ohio State.

I think he will be the Larry Brown of football and not stay too long in any one place

Yeah, I could see Urban ending up a coaching gypsy like Larry Brown. Except Urban probably won't leave behind a knocked-up 20 year old coed like Larry Brown left at KU when he bailed out.

Come on man, give the guy some credit. If he tries hard enough I'm sure he could.

• Fire 2

At the time it didn't really feel like he was bailing. I thought that he really might have something wrong with him but after going to ESPN and Ohio State it does kind of raise some eyebrows about his intentions. It still wasn't dirty and he by no means screwed UF. He gave them some of their best years as a program....but that said I don't think Urban was being completely honest with himself or with others.