Could Rex become the Husker's Tebow ?

Comish

In the form of a versatile, blue collar, workhorse, throwback player who inspires the fan base…….

(I certainly don’t mean in the manner of a polarizing figure)

I was gonna slap you if there wasn't a little more clarification. However, that same description could be used on almost every walk on contributor that has came through this program.

• Fire 1

That's funny, I like Tebow and am somewhat of a Broncos fan since I live in Colorado but "being someones Tebow" seems beneath Superman or Chuck Norris. How about Rex is our Burkhead? I go back to Jeff Kinney days and considering I went to UNL when Rozier played, Rex is my all time favorite Husker RB. I won't say the best because he wasn't fortunate enough to have the Oline others did but he is def my favorite.

In the form of a versatile, blue collar, workhorse, throwback player who inspires the fan base…….

I was gonna slap you if there wasn't a little more clarification. However, that same description could be used on almost every walk on contributor that has came through this program.

Your qualifier would be accurate IF "almost every walk on contributor" would eventually go on to be a multiple record holder.................

However, I am relieved I was able to avoid the SLAP......... :duel

That's funny, I like Tebow and am somewhat of a Broncos fan since I live in Colorado but "being someones Tebow" seems beneath Superman or Chuck Norris. How about Rex is our Burkhead? I go back to Jeff Kinney days and considering I went to UNL when Rozier played, Rex is my all time favorite Husker RB. I won't say the best because he wasn't fortunate enough to have the Oline others did but he is def my favorite.

Yeah, I get your point and it was difficult and awkward to find a way to phrase it. I meant it as more of a commentary on a current phenom and how his name has almost morphed into a descriptive direct object. I don't think anyone being Tebowed means that he is in anyway subjugated to him.

Your qualifier would be accurate IF "almost every walk on contributor" would eventually go on to be a multiple record holder.................

However, I am relieved I was able to avoid the SLAP......... :duel

I believe NU's All Time scoring leader holds multiple records and was a walkon. ;)

Really? Really?? wow.

OK, ladyhawke, you've got my interest. I was expressly trying to avoid making the post into a love/hate argument that you hear daily concerning Tebow. So I added the obvious qualifier in parentheses, even though I know no one who would argue that Rex is in anyway polarizing. BUT, I have seen some amazing " takes" circuitously twisted on the board and merely sought to preclude it.

So, I am assuming your " Really? Really??? wow" tepid response was dripping satire. If not, please enlighten me with your subterranean message................

Really? Really?? wow.

OK, ladyhawke, you've got my interest. I was expressly trying to avoid making the post into a love/hate argument that you hear daily concerning Tebow. So I added the obvious qualifier in parentheses, even though I know no one who would argue that Rex is in anyway polarizing. BUT, I have seen some amazing " takes" circuitously twisted on the board and merely sought to preclude it.

So, I am assuming your " Really? Really??? wow" tepid response was dripping satire. If not, please enlighten me with your subterranean message................

It depends on what you mean by polarizing? Do you see Tebow doing that in his position as quarterback or doing that because of his faith?

As Nebraska fans we should see the Husker in Tebow. If he had come to Nebraska he would be an equal or close to the greatest to ever play here. He is the type of kid you want your son to be like, your daughter to marry. The man you want beside you in a foxhole. People hate him for what the media does to him, not for anything he does to cause it. We love, honor, accept a like individual, that has proven from day one to a total Ahole, and dispise the exact opposite in Tebow.

Champ Bailey said it best, You get just exactly what you see, Firm, honest, the hardest working player on the team, and never anything but positive in one of the worst situations around. That is a pretty strong statement from someone who is one of the best in the NFL at his position.

Rex is a great kid, plays very hard and I bet if you asked him if he would like to be considered a replica of Tebow, he would say yes. That is the type of kids they are. It is sad that some can not see it.

As Nebraska fans we should see the Husker in Tebow. If he had come to Nebraska he would be an equal or close to the greatest to ever play here. He is the type of kid you want your son to be like, your daughter to marry. The man you want beside you in a foxhole. People hate him for what the media does to him, not for anything he does to cause it. We love, honor, accept a like individual, that has proven from day one to a total Ahole, and dispise the exact opposite in Tebow.

Champ Bailey said it best, You get just exactly what you see, Firm, honest, the hardest working player on the team, and never anything but positive in one of the worst situations around. That is a pretty strong statement from someone who is one of the best in the NFL at his position.

Rex is a great kid, plays very hard and I bet if you asked him if he would like to be considered a replica of Tebow, he would say yes. That is the type of kids they are. It is sad that some can not see it.

My sentiments exactly :)