FORGET STOOPS, WE WANT... ZOOK?!

dont bring back ekler, dont bring back Sanders... dont bring back turner gill... those guys are gone and long gone... go for the kill and get someone with a proven record

Can't agree with you on Marvin Sanders--the man is probably one of the best secondary coaches out there, bar none, and he isn't coaching anywhere else IIRC.

And I've heard Zook too, but only as a longshot. Would take decidedly more funds to bring him on board versus Stoops.

We have a good one in Raymond, I really believe that.

Does anyone here really think that Bo wants anybody on his staff that will challenge him? LMOA!!

Just to clarify, I believe it is 'LMAO', for 'Laughing My Ass Off'.

That is, unless the Lake Monticello Owners' Association or the Locomotive Maintenance Owners' Association has something to do with Bo's comments--were they sponsoring his presser, by chance?

I think you have inadvertently stepped on the Lower Manhattan Organization of Artists.......................

dont bring back ekler, dont bring back Sanders... dont bring back turner gill... those guys are gone and long gone... go for the kill and get someone with a proven record

Can't agree with you on Marvin Sanders--the man is probably one of the best secondary coaches out there, bar none, and he isn't coaching anywhere else IIRC.

And I've heard Zook too, but only as a longshot. Would take decidedly more funds to bring him on board versus Stoops.

We have a good one in Raymond, I really believe that.

Bartender, I'd like what this man is having. :)

Honestly, I'd like to believe you, I really would--I just don't see it.

Again it is about the DBs being down this year compared to last year. For one thing, the DL play really dropped off this year, really bad. Wasn't all that expected. We had trouble finding an end opposite Meredith, Meredith played banged up, we had issues at DT, surprisingly...

For another, we lost near the entire secondary: Prince, Hagg, Gomes, and let's not forget Courtney Osborne, who one way or another, was a lost promising player from last year. Prince - elite level talent locking down one side of the field at CB. Hagg and Gomes - centerpieces of the D. Gomes was an incredible playmaker, and Hagg's role is often overlooked, but he was a key guy there that enabled us to do a lot of what we did. Suddenly all those are gone, and we don't have the personnel to replace them.

Heck, for a few games we didn't even have Fonzie. Stafford was a liability in coverage at the start of the year, both he and Andrew green got better, but with the losses we had and the playing time Blatchford and Thorell had to get in everyone's place...this was not something Sanders was going to do much better with, either.

And for all the talk of 'different style of play' - necessitated by the Big Ten refereeing - did Fonzie really do anything differently? The younger guys didn't play much press because when they did, they got abused. They weren't ready for that.

So all we have to go on are the positive reports of Raymond's coaching ability and his reputation as a technician. That is important. Not to mention, Raymond is a recruiting asset.

Well, it remains to be seen whether Raymond can coach em up as good as Marvin. Of course, while he was here, Sanders certainly walked into a LOADED secondary. 3 corners to the NFL, 2 first rounders (in all likelihood, unless Fonzie drops like a rock). Hagg is playing on special teams for the Browns. Asante picked off Drew Brees last year at the end of the season and started at safety for 2 games for them. Even Matty O, everyone's favorite walk on, got a practice squad look with the Bucs and Giants. Interesting Matty O tidbit here:

http://erniepalladinosgiantsbeat.blogspot.com/2010/08/some-practice-stuff.html

Anyway. If you think about it, this year we were pretty much starting over at in our secondary. Fonzie was hurt for the noncon chunk of our schedule, and beyond him we had Ciante Evans and Cassidy as the only two who had any legitimate game experience. We played all kinds of different guys at corner, including Mitchell and Cooper for respective games before they disappeared. Two of the fan favorites at safety (Smith and Osborne) were MIA the whole year. He was basically rebuilding our secondary from the ground up.

And for as much as people bitched and moaned about Andrew Green... the kid looked GOOD at the end of the year. We'll see if he continues to build on that. If he can, he'll likely be the next NU NFL corner after Fonzie gets drafted. We also have SJB waiting in the wings. I want to see how he can tear it up after an offseason at CB under his belt.

The safety situation is a bit more murky. I'd wager Stafford keeps his job (unless Bo decides to move him to LB), and the other spot is a toss up between Osborne (if he find his compass and map and navigates his way out of the doghouse), Smith, and Cooper. Perhaps Harvey Jackson impresses and grabs a spot. I don't think anyone else has a legitimate shot at playing safety for us next year... unless a true freshman comes in a tears it up. But judging by the way Bo played Cassidy all year due to his knowledge of the system (despite his inferior athleticism)... Unlikely.

And I will also say this. Raymond as a recruiter >>> Sanders as a recruiter.

Again it is about the DBs being down this year compared to last year. For one thing, the DL play really dropped off this year, really bad. Wasn't all that expected. We had trouble finding an end opposite Meredith, Meredith played banged up, we had issues at DT, surprisingly...

For another, we lost near the entire secondary: Prince, Hagg, Gomes, and let's not forget Courtney Osborne, who one way or another, was a lost promising player from last year. Prince - elite level talent locking down one side of the field at CB. Hagg and Gomes - centerpieces of the D. Gomes was an incredible playmaker, and Hagg's role is often overlooked, but he was a key guy there that enabled us to do a lot of what we did. Suddenly all those are gone, and we don't have the personnel to replace them.

Heck, for a few games we didn't even have Fonzie. Stafford was a liability in coverage at the start of the year, both he and Andrew green got better, but with the losses we had and the playing time Blatchford and Thorell had to get in everyone's place...this was not something Sanders was going to do much better with, either.

And for all the talk of 'different style of play' - necessitated by the Big Ten refereeing - did Fonzie really do anything differently? The younger guys didn't play much press because when they did, they got abused. They weren't ready for that.

So all we have to go on are the positive reports of Raymond's coaching ability and his reputation as a technician. That is important. Not to mention, Raymond is a recruiting asset.

Damn you Zoogies! Crafting a mirror image of my post 7 minutes before mine reached completion! :ahhhhhhhh

Great minds think alike...

No it wouldn't.

Does anyone here really think that Bo wants anybody on his staff that will challenge him? LMOA!! Just heard today that when asked if his brother would be coaching in the bowl game, he said "as far as he knew". NICE!!!!

I very, very highly doubt "any" assistant couch is going to challenge the HC. That would be a supremely stupid thing to do.