BIG Championship Site

If the game was played outdoors I guarantee Delaney would force the kickoff back to 2:30 on account of the B1G's rule of no night games past the month of October. I think that might take some of the atmosphere out of the game not having it at night, but maybe I'm wrong.

By 2:30 do you mean 11:00????

If the game was played outdoors I guarantee Delaney would force the kickoff back to 2:30 on account of the B1G's rule of no night games past the month of October. I think that might take some of the atmosphere out of the game not having it at night, but maybe I'm wrong.

Good point. That would also put it head to head against the SEC championship.

This is a valid point. I prefer a night game for CCG, so if that means indoor only, then so be it.

How about at the Home Field of the best team, like out here in the Pac 12?

I'd like to keep it in one venue every year kind of like what the SEC's done with Atlanta. It's predictable for fans across the country and drives those mottos we enjoy hearing every year. Which would motivate your Huskers more? "CHICAGO OR DIE" or "EARN THE RIGHT TO STAY AND PLAY IN LINCOLN OR TO TRAVEL TO THE CROSS CONFERENCE DIVISIONAL CHAMPION'S HOME FIELD"?

Holding it in Indianapolis doesn't feel like a Big Ten game, and while putting it in Chicago would be better, it still won't feel like a college football atmosphere.

I like the idea of having home field advantage. Pretty sure that the chance to play for the conference championship at home is better motivation than some motto about Chicago or Indianapolis.

They should play it in Lincoln.

Where the hell would they play it in Lincoln?

I hear it's a real nice place. Nice people. And they have this thing called a Runza.

Seriously dude, turn on your sarcasm detector.

I don't have one...can I buy it at Best Buy or as an App for my phone?

Do they have Best Buy stores in Kansas?

Nah but if I drive to Topeka I can check out a catalog from the post office that will let me order through the mail. I should get one of these "detectors" in time for next season.

Stay west of Topeka Blvd.

I am amazed at how much violence and crime there is in Topeka, Wichita and the greater Manhattan area. What is it about Kansas that drives people crazy, geez.

it's called "meth"

I like the game in Indianapolis. It will always be a neutral site because the Hoosiers will never play in it, and it's right in the middle of the conference, as far as travelling to it is concerned. It's an NFL stadium so our boys get some big league exposure. It's indoors so the weather won't effect the outcome, and the most deserving team will win.

Watching the Wisc-Mich St didn't feel to me that having the BIG Championship game played indoors was the right decision. Just didn't feel like a BIG championship game and the environment didn't feel right. I know this was discussed earlier in the year but it really struck me watching this game. Would have loved to see it played outdoors. Anyone else feel this way after watching the game?

No. In the area of the country that encompasses the Big 10, I'd rather sit in the dome in December.

Houston had their C-USA game at home and that worked out pretty good.

I hope the CCG stays in one place. One of the things about the College World Series is that it's in the same place and the 'locals', over the years, begin to make it 'their' event, which has a way of enhancing the atmosphere - regardless of the teams involved.

If the location bounces around, then the city/venue is less invested in the event... and it won't build into something great.

Also, there is something about being able to set a team goal to get to "Indy" and then "Pasadena"...kinda like you ask any college baseball player ..and they want to get to "Omaha".

College football and the B1G are all about traditions, and I think picking a venue for say, 10 years at a time - then renew or pick another, would help establish a constant and a new tradition.

Also, I know some like the idea of an outdoor game - memories of freezing their balls off at Arrowhead or something - but I think the indoor environment is more of a reward for the players/fans and lets the B1G do more with presenting the B1G and the teams on TV.

--

And yes, Kansas sucks.