Boise State and Four Others to Join Big East

Husker John

Anther reason why we need a playoff. Then if all 12 conference champs get an automatic bid everyone is on an even playing field an the stupid "moving to a BCS conference" can stop (as if the Big East deserves to be a BCS conference)

Are you serious? Moving to a bigger, more prestigious conference isn't just for a chance at a BCS spot. Recruiting, TV revenue, network contracts....

Yup, this smacks with desperation and stupidity.

But hey, SMU and Houston are back in a BCS conference, yes?

Yeah, they're all in a BCS conference now--Boise, SD State, SMU, UCF, Houston. I think it's a good move for all of them. I'll guarantee these newbies will upset the old Big Crowd at least once in a while. Some team like Miami, Virginia Tech or West Virginia will get knocked off by one of these new teams every year.

If you can't beat the cartel, join it.

I hope it's sooner rather than later that we'll be able to look back on the great falling apart of CFB and truthfully examine the sheer stupidity, pettiness, and greed in how events have unfolded over the past 24 months.