mmmmmm, horse meat.

HSKR

http://www.1011now.com/news/headlines/Horse_Slaughter_Ban_Lifted_135216713.html

I'd much rather see an unwanted horse get a bolt through his skull then to slowly starve to death. Plus it creates exports and jobs, why not? Are horses really that much more intelligent then cows? I've really never understood the sentiment that slaughtering horse is some horrific deed, while the very same people sure do enjoy a tasty prime rib. It's also funny to see the so called horse lovers who have some dinky acreage where a horse spends most of his life in a small pen as if that is the humane way to treat animals.

I wouldn't eat corned beef as a kid cause my dad told me it was horse meat.

After growing up and trying many different types of meat. Why not? Sure I'd give it a try. If it smells good, EAT IT. Andrew Zimmern said that right???

Haha I had a similar experience with Tuna. My Dad had me believe that they were caught from sewers...

I would eat it. But only if it tastes good. Why not.

Ah the West-Virginia approach to the culinary arts... opossum stew anyone? It's delicious!

Oh yeah. Last month I ate a couple of Shanghai river crabs with hairy claws. I'm told they are a delicacy. A very bizarre looking delicacy. But they tasted as good as any Maryland crab I've ever eaten.

I'm not a "foodie," but I'll eat a lot of things. Just made a lentil and ox tail soup that was fan-freakin'-tastic. I've made feijoiada, blood sausage, jaternice, etc. All of which are really tame, all of which are pretty rare these days.

Anyone know a good butcher in Lincoln that sells unique meats? Super Saver is starting to cater to the immigrants a little more, and with that comes some better food choices, but overall grocery stores around here are kind of tame.

PS - yes, I would eat horse. And dog, and cat, and whatever. Probably wouldn't eat a human. Gotta draw the line somewhere.