Cincinnati and Xavier Brawl

Both Universities should be greatly embarassed by what took place on that court tonight. The brawl in itself was ridiculous, but the press conference afterwards is what is disturbing. Players bragging about being so called 'gangsters'....Really? Is that something to be proud? Promoting violence is bad enough, and if I was an African-American I would be upset about the possible enhancement of the stereotype of the black male.... Its a sad story all around....But I do like how Cincinnati handled the press conference afterwards...

I do hope that suspensions are for more than one or two games. Thug Yancy should be done with college basketball period. I would enjoy seeing him prosecuted by the law. Anyone throwing a punch should have a minimum of 5 possibly ten games. NCAA needs to come down hard on both teams and also the refs....3 black guys.... who never took control of this game and let the thugs brawl.

I do hope that suspensions are for more than one or two games. Thug Yancy should be done with college basketball period. I would enjoy seeing him prosecuted by the law. Anyone throwing a punch should have a minimum of 5 possibly ten games. NCAA needs to come down hard on both teams and also the refs....3 black guys.... who never took control of this game and let the thugs brawl.

Why they gotta be black?

Why they gotta be black?

They don't gotta be black....but they were. Apparently they saw no problem with the players actions during the game and especially at the end.

I see the players are quite proud of their actions. They should be gone for the season as well.

Cinci's coach handled this extremely well. Props to him.

He said that he is incredibly embarassed to be Cincy Head Coach. He also said that he doesn't even know who will be on the team at this point, and that he made his players take off their Cincy jerseys in the locker room since they were doing a terrible job representing the university. I can't reiterate enough how much I respect this man for how he handled this situation. I expect that he will kick 2-3 guys off the team.

Oh come on you guys. It's a sports fight. What's the big deal? If this was hockey it wouldn't even merit a headline. I'm not saying I condone this sort of thing, but it just doesn't seem like it should be such a huge controversy.

In a hockey fight all players are well padded except for their face. The bulky padding somewhat prevents full fledged swings. usually both players know the fight is on and they lock up and little damage is done. An occasional bloody nose. In basketball the players tend to be much bigger than hockey players and they have no padding. A fist from a 6'9 270 pound dude is going to do a lot of damage if it connects....especially to a guy who is just trying to separate other players and isn't expecting a punch. Leave the brawling to the MMA. If this is basketball in the 21st century our society is in trouble. This is disturbing to me because I saw the same attitude a few weeks ago from the Univ of Kentucky players.