The "way too early" Preseason 2012 Top 25

Excel

Yes, preseason rankings are usually crap, yes it's way too early to even talk about them, and yes Athlon is generally piss poor when it comes to predictions in general BUT they've done it anyhow

1. LSU
  2. So Cal
  3. Oregon
  4. Bama
  5. Jawja
  6. Ohio State
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Flawda State
  9. Michigan
  10. Va Tech
  11. Arkansas
  12. Clempson
  13. Michigan State
  14. Nebraska
  15. South Carolina
  16. Notre Dame
  17. Texas
  18. West Virginia
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Boise State
  21. Baylor
  22. Kansas State
  23. Louisville
  24. Washington
  25. TCU

Ok.....and....go.... :dumdum

Ohio State and Florida State struck me as interesting to say the least.

I get what he might be thinking with OSU as far as Miller and Urban go but 6 is kind of high...

Florida State on the other hand completely eludes me....thought they would've learned their lesson after last year...

I was expecting people to gig the Badgers and I understand why so meh...no big deal :dunno

Wisconsin may actually even be way high if Montee Ball also decides to leave for the pros. Losing Ball, Wilson and Toon isn't going to be a quick replacement job.

They have no QB and though James White is a good back he's not going to carry that team alone. And that doesn't even take into account that they are thin at Tackle and Mike Taylor also could leave early.

OSU makes sense being up there. They have a ton of talent and will put together a great staff. They could win a ton of games with their schedule too.

Thier non conference slate is a joke - Miami of Ohio, Cincinatti, Cal and UAB

In their division Penn State is a disaster and Wisconsin loses significant pieces. Illinois just fired their coach and the other two teams aren't anything special.

Their crossover games are tough getting Nebraska, Michigan and Michigan State... but they get Nebraska and Michigan at home.

Anyone really think they can't win 10+ games with that schedule? Heck they could have 9 without playing any of the crossovers

The one that makes no sense to me is Michigan State being so high. They lose Cousins, they lose both starting WR's, their fullback and possibly Coker too and I don't see Worthy coming back either.. The division will be between Michigan and Nebraska this year, MSU could very easily fall behind Iowa in the Legends race this year and end up 4th.

Yes, preseason rankings are usually crap, yes it's way too early to even talk about them, and yes Athlon is generally piss poor when it comes to predictions in general BUT they've done it anyhow

1. LSU
  2. So Cal
  3. Oregon
  4. Bama
  5. Jawja
  6. Ohio State
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Flawda State
  9. Michigan
  10. Va Tech
  11. Arkansas
  12. Clempson
  13. Michigan State
  14. Nebraska
  15. South Carolina
  16. Notre Dame
  17. Texas
  18. West Virginia
  19. Wisconsin
  20. Boise State
  21. Baylor
  22. Kansas State
  23. Louisville
  24. Washington
  25. TCU

Ok.....and....go.... :dumdum

Ha ha! These guys hate Okla State even more than the BCS does.

But they seem to love VaTech. Even though the Hokies are one of the most overrated teams in the nation this year. And they're going to lose their whole O-line, except center, to graduation.