South Carolina

I watched the bowl mania special and they all pick south Carolina . Should I be more worried? I don't see them winning. But I'm a Husker fan. I mean I know they have played close games and we are completely inconstant playing so hopefully the Iowa team shows up and we dominate the game

(null)

Should you be worried that Todd McShay and Robert Smith think USC will win based on absolutely nothing other than their own opinion? What do you think? ESPN talking heads predicting a win does not mean that team will win.

As fans we all want and expect to win but let's face the truth. If you look at it realistically the team with the best offensive and defensive line usually wins. Our d line is not good. They are beaten...battered...bruised and even before a rash of injuries not great. Our oline is makeshift at best. Made of freshman, sophomores and walkons. If I were an analyst I'm going gamecocks.

As fans we all want and expect to win but let's face the truth. If you look at it realistically the team with the best offensive and defensive line usually wins. Our d line is not good. They are beaten...battered...bruised and even before a rash of injuries not great. Our oline is makeshift at best. Made of freshman, sophomores and walkons. If I were an analyst I'm going gamecocks.

This.

Please... If NU loses it will be due to turnovers. The lines will be as healthy as they've been all year. They are what they are.

I agree with the analysts... perhaps not for the same reasons... but the SC OL matches up well against our DL -- and the SC DL matches up well against our OL. In addition, they have a QB that passes quite well... and is a running threat too. Very mobile, avoids sacks well, can beat you with his feet --- and is improving noticeably each week. Our QB is also better than he was... but is well behind theirs in terms of passing and is pretty comparable as a runner. But the team with the advantage in the OL, the DL, and the QB is a team one aught not bet against. Then there is that NU unknown --- will the team that is flat, unmotivated and plays for but 2-2.5 quarters show up, or will the one that stays focused show up? If it is the former (which is more likely) then SC wins by 21 points or so --- if the latter NU team shows up, then SC by 7 or so. Then again, if NU really shows up and catches a break or two (a turnover or two or a big play maybe on ST... some big break or two) NU could eke out a victory --- but such would require NU playing its absolute best most focused game of the season... and also catch some breaks.

I'd say SC beats NU 8 of every 10 times they play... or, at the very least 7 out of every 10. I'd have to think NU is in for a thumping... hopefully not a Michigan/Wisconsin beat down (though that is possible, I suppose). Hopefully we keep it close.

• Fire 1

It'll come down to the kickers...

We win.

OK... I assume then that you have not seen either team play... Or, maybe you have and you see something I do not... so, on what basis would you suggest that NU should win? I am at a loss to see what can be objectively analyzed that would lead to a prediction of an NU win over SC being more probable than a loss. Anything can happen, of course... but as for predictions, what would incline you to think that NU should win?

Last note... I do agree that our kicker is quite the advantage for NU... but, then only in a close game... and that does not seem overly likely.