Bo Pelini Support Poll

funhusker

How 'bout Pelini?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For all of you saying Bo is fine as long as TO is around, I have a question. How many years can we realistically believe TO will hang around as the AD? I've gotta think that sometime in the near future TO hands the keys to the athletic department over to someone else. I can agree with the two years. If things don't look too bright after the 2013 season, I can see TO resigning and the new AD looking for a new football coach.

For all of you saying Bo is fine as long as TO is around, I have a question. How many years can we realistically believe TO will hang around as the AD? I've gotta think that sometime in the near future TO hands the keys to the athletic department over to someone else. I can agree with the two years. If things don't look too bright after the 2013 season, I can see TO resigning and the new AD looking for a new football coach.

I actually think Bo might be better w/out TO around.

My opinion doesn't fall under any of these options. Ask me in 2 years and it'll go into one of these...but for now, he has 2 years before I stop "supporting" him.

At this point I support Bo, but I question some of the staff decisions. That's what gets me more than anything.

What changes have to happen in order to gain your support?

Cotton needs to go. In regards to the DC, I would have liked him to either A) bring in a big name DC, or B) if you're promoting JP, grab a recruiting master for the DL.

Has anyone looked at the average D1 experience of our coaching staff? It's like 4ish years. When we go up against some of these B1G staffs...they'll have 100+ years more coaching experience than our staff. That means something. Pelini hires entry/junior level staff right off the golf course. That's ok if it's mixed in with some more Ron Browns...but

Landomatic (and others who feel the poll is flawed),

You are probably correct, I could have worded the poll differently. However, I believe that fact that (at this time) 105 people have claimed support and 4 votes don't support (6 are ok but want something else if given the chance). I think this poll does more than show that Pelini is in very good favor in Husker Nation.

I want to know what board NotSince97 was at that 100% (yes, absolutely everyone on the board) was against Bo Pelini. I'm guessing he got real life mixed up with playstation...

I think many are confusing people's displeasure with certain aspects of Pelini's HC decisions (w/ the exception of 97) as us hating him and not wanting him at Nebraska. If I call Taylor's throwing motion suspect...it doesn't mean I don't think he should be our QB. If I think Bo should have taken a different path with his DC hire, it doesn't mean I think Bo should pack up his office.

It seems like too frequently any discussion that is in any way negative towards Pelini/Martinez, etc gets blown up into a debate that centers on the extremes of both sides (congress?) - rather than an acknowlegement of the obvious: many on here would have liked to have seen Bo go a different route than the promotion of JP if possible, taylor needs to become a better thrower, Bo needs to calm the f' down sometimes. And on the other side, Pelini is doing a solid job, he's returned the "culture" that was so deperately missed post-Cally, he's growin as a coach, etc.

I'm not saying, Bo is a complete idiot for hiring JP and it shows how bad of an HC he is, or Taylor can't throw for sh!t and we need Carnes, or Bo is a disgrace to this university and should be fired. Just like most don't say Pelini is the best coach on the planet (better than Harbaugh). Though some do and that's to be expected.

What pisses me off is when people take the first comments which are fairly logical but yet opinionated, and try and turn them into the second extreme set of comments and paint the poster out to be a "crappy fan" that "doesn't know the first thing about football". (likely because I didn't play D1 I guess)

• Fire 1

If you want a better barometer of how people think Bo is doing, make a poll with letter grades, or 1-10 ratings. I voted "without a doubt," but that doesn't mean there aren't things I don't like about Bo, his processes, his time here, etc. I'm glad he's our coach, but give me a magic wand and I'd wave some changes his way.

Coincidentally, I feel the same way about my wife, my best friend, my car, my house, my cat, my job, etc. There's rarely a situation where you like everything about a person or an entity like the Huskers. Bo is no exception. Oh, and if I had that magic wand, I'd change my cat into a dog. Don't marry a cat person.

• Fire 2

I think many are confusing people's displeasure with certain aspects of Pelini's HC decisions (w/ the exception of 97) as us hating him and not wanting him at Nebraska. If I call Taylor's throwing motion suspect...it doesn't mean I don't think he should be our QB. If I think Bo should have taken a different path with his DC hire, it doesn't mean I think Bo should pack up his office.

It seems like too frequently any discussion that is in any way negative towards Pelini/Martinez, etc gets blown up into a debate that centers on the extremes of both sides (congress?) - rather than an acknowlegement of the obvious: many on here would have liked to have seen Bo go a different route than the promotion of JP if possible, taylor needs to become a better thrower, Bo needs to calm the f' down sometimes. And on the other side, Pelini is doing a solid job, he's returned the "culture" that was so deperately missed post-Cally, he's growin as a coach, etc.

I'm not saying, Bo is a complete idiot for hiring JP and it shows how bad of an HC he is, or Taylor can't throw for sh!t and we need Carnes, or Bo is a disgrace to this university and should be fired. Just like most don't say Pelini is the best coach on the planet (better than Harbaugh). Though some do and that's to be expected.

What pisses me off is when people take the first comments fairly logical but yet opinionated comments, and try and turn them into the second extreme set of comments and paint the poster out to be a "crappy fan" that "doesn't know the first thing about football". (likely because I didn't play D1 I guess)

KC,

Your post explains why I created the poll. Some people (very few) have a "hatred" for Pelini and are sure that almost everyone agrees with them. I'm with you, there are "things that make you go hmmmm". But, I think most realize that they can't begin to grasp the complexity of running a Div 1 football team.

I don't mean to say that Bo is the best coach on the planet, but I am saying Bo is Nebraska's best option right now and I would rather not face the uncertainty without him.

What pisses me off is when people take the first comments fairly logical but yet opinionated comments, and try and turn them into the second extreme set of comments and paint the poster out to be a "crappy fan" that "doesn't know the first thing about football". (likely because I didn't play D1 I guess)

KC,

Your post explains why I created the poll. Some people (very few) have a "hatred" for Pelini and are sure that almost everyone agrees with them. I'm with you, there are "things that make you go hmmmm". But, I think most realize that they can't begin to grasp the complexity of running a Div 1 football team.

I don't mean to say that Bo is the best coach on the planet, but I am saying Bo is Nebraska's best option right now and I would rather not face the uncertainty without him.

as somone mentioned in another thread, Bo is about as good as we could hope for....not much of an endorsement for our program.

My opinion doesn't fall under any of these options. Ask me in 2 years and it'll go into one of these...but for now, he has 2 years before I stop "supporting" him.

At this point I support Bo, but I question some of the staff decisions. That's what gets me more than anything.

IMO this is the only logical answer to this question. Bo hasn't accomplished enough to deserve "blind faith" or failed bad enough to deserve a pink slip. He's pretty much as average as you can get right now. To get NU to an elite level it's all about recruiting and getting rid of Cotton.

he is a great defensive mind and i wish he would be less involved with the offense (unless he divorces taylor) and more involved where he is strongest. I think he holds a grudge way to long and i dont think the best players are on the field. austin cassidy and sean fischer come to mind, why are they on the field so much. then where is turner? playmakers need to be on the field.

Just curious, were you a supporter or not? I'm asking because I support Pelini, but I agree with a lot of what you said. However, my mindset is "Bo sees the kids everyday, he must have his reasons"

Don't be ridiculous. Random internet guy knows more about Bo's team than Bo.

That's right. If you don't believe it, just ask him.

Landomatic (and others who feel the poll is flawed),

You are probably correct, I could have worded the poll differently. However, I believe that fact that (at this time) 105 people have claimed support and 4 votes don't support (6 are ok but want something else if given the chance). I think this poll does more than show that Pelini is in very good favor in Husker Nation.

I want to know what board NotSince97 was at that 100% (yes, absolutely everyone on the board) was against Bo Pelini. I'm guessing he got real life mixed up with playstation...

Yeah, I kind of figured that was the purpose of your poll. Did it really take a poll for you to realize that was total crap? That dude somehow got out of his straight jacket for a few posts (pages) in that thread.

Anyway...I see where you're coming from and it appears you see where I'm coming from too. Respect.