Bo Pelini Support Poll

funhusker

How 'bout Pelini?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you want a better barometer of how people think Bo is doing, make a poll with letter grades, or 1-10 ratings. I voted "without a doubt," but that doesn't mean there aren't things I don't like about Bo, his processes, his time here, etc. I'm glad he's our coach, but give me a magic wand and I'd wave some changes his way.

Coincidentally, I feel the same way about my wife, my best friend, my car, my house, my cat, my job, etc. There's rarely a situation where you like everything about a person or an entity like the Huskers. Bo is no exception. Oh, and if I had that magic wand, I'd change my cat into a dog. Don't marry a cat person.

Wise words my friend...especially the cat part!

If you want a better barometer of how people think Bo is doing, make a poll with letter grades, or 1-10 ratings. I voted "without a doubt," but that doesn't mean there aren't things I don't like about Bo, his processes, his time here, etc. I'm glad he's our coach, but give me a magic wand and I'd wave some changes his way.

Coincidentally, I feel the same way about my wife, my best friend, my car, my house, my cat, my job, etc. There's rarely a situation where you like everything about a person or an entity like the Huskers. Bo is no exception. Oh, and if I had that magic wand, I'd change my cat into a dog. Don't marry a cat person.

really, much easier to open the door and let the dog out than screw with a litter box....i never could get that living with a sh#t box in the house.

Yep. Replaced some carpet through the years, but cheaper than replacing wife. ;)

GBR!!!

I think most on here support Bo. But he has not earned blind following. He has short comings that some just refuse to acknowledge.

To question what he does, to speculate what the alternatives are or the outcome of his actions does not make one a bad fan, a negative nancy. It is the concern we have for the program.

Bo has us going in the right direction, I believe that. But are we moving as quickly as we could be. Does Bo truly need help, does he truly understand the importance of certain things he is responsible for.

I believe he has cleaned the program up, maybe even more so than Tom. I think he holds the kids to higher standards. I am very happy with that. I think he has the ability to do great things, but he has not done those things yet. Still feel he takes too much on himself. His opportunity to lighten his load was missed I think. I have no idea if the hire was the right the hire, the guy may be the best DC ever. But he does not know the job at this time, nor does he know the other responsibilites around it. Bo will have to teach him as he continually learns himself. That is where I fault him. Not for effort but the strong possibility of burning himself out.... See Urban.

I am onboard with the hires, and hope as I think all do that they work out. I will support all of them, both by going to the games/ sending in my money. But because I do those things I have every right to make my observations known as all of you do.

My opinion doesn't fall under any of these options. Ask me in 2 years and it'll go into one of these...but for now, he has 2 years before I stop "supporting" him.

At this point I support Bo, but I question some of the staff decisions. That's what gets me more than anything.

IMO this is the only logical answer to this question. Bo hasn't accomplished enough to deserve "blind faith" or failed bad enough to deserve a pink slip. He's pretty much as average as you can get right now. To get NU to an elite level it's all about recruiting and getting rid of Cotton.

The recruiting is there, I posted some numbers on it in the Recruiting section.

Landomatic (and others who feel the poll is flawed),

You are probably correct, I could have worded the poll differently. However, I believe that fact that (at this time) 105 people have claimed support and 4 votes don't support (6 are ok but want something else if given the chance). I think this poll does more than show that Pelini is in very good favor in Husker Nation.

I want to know what board NotSince97 was at that 100% (yes, absolutely everyone on the board) was against Bo Pelini. I'm guessing he got real life mixed up with playstation...

Probably the BRB, they are notoriously anti Bo.

i am so glad we didn't go out and hire a "big gun" coach and chose to development Coach Pelini. That's is us- Devaney, T.O, and the next will be Pelini. Pelini is work in progress, but so was T.O. What did quick fixes ever get us- Callahan. When we play for the NC, and it will happen, we will truly be celebrating the growth of a team and a continuation of a tradition.

My opinion doesn't fall under any of these options. Ask me in 2 years and it'll go into one of these...but for now, he has 2 years before I stop "supporting" him.

At this point I support Bo, but I question some of the staff decisions. That's what gets me more than anything.

IMO this is the only logical answer to this question. Bo hasn't accomplished enough to deserve "blind faith" or failed bad enough to deserve a pink slip. He's pretty much as average as you can get right now. To get NU to an elite level it's all about recruiting and getting rid of Cotton.

The recruiting is there, I posted some numbers on it in the Recruiting section.

Landomatic (and others who feel the poll is flawed),

You are probably correct, I could have worded the poll differently. However, I believe that fact that (at this time) 105 people have claimed support and 4 votes don't support (6 are ok but want something else if given the chance). I think this poll does more than show that Pelini is in very good favor in Husker Nation.

I want to know what board NotSince97 was at that 100% (yes, absolutely everyone on the board) was against Bo Pelini. I'm guessing he got real life mixed up with playstation...

Probably the BRB, they are notoriously anti Bo.

Undoubtably. It's the home of the last, dwindling, hardcore Clownahan apologists. They hate Bo, TO & Frank with equal passion and will never be happy until another NFL reject is hired for our HC.