You guys pumped for Big Ten hoops?!

WoodyHayes1951

• 4 weeks later...

Big Ten

Locks: Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana

Michigan and Indiana join the lock party, so that makes five for the Big Ten. Michigan State is now arrowing toward a 1-seed in the NCAAs and the league should have a large handful of protected seeds. How many more will make it? Looks like it's up to Purdue and Northwestern to decide, although Illinois is, to quote Monty Python, "not dead yet."

SHOULD BE IN

None.

IN THE MIX

Purdue (19-10, 9-7; RPI: 40, SOS: 19)

A huge, huge win at Michigan helps move the Boilermakers closer to an NCAA berth. With an earlier win over Temple, that's two high-quality Ws to go with the demolition of the middle of the conference. Now 10-8 looks pretty likely with Penn State coming in on Wednesday, and they get a shot to punch their ticket in Bloomington on Sunday. Somehow lose both? Hmm...

GW: at Michigan, Temple (N), Iona??, sweep of Northwestern?, Miami (Fla.)?

BL: Butler (N), at Penn State

Northwestern (17-11, 7-9; RPI: 43, SOS: 12)

The Wildcats were very fortunate to escape at Penn State with their hopes intact. Now they host a sliding Ohio State team in the game that could be the difference between making the tournament and losing out on a bid. Northwestern needs this win. There are no truly bad losses on the resume, but not nearly enough good wins given the number of chances.

GW: Michigan State, Seton Hall (N)?, at Illinois???

BL: Illinois?

Illinois (17-12, 6-10; RPI: 74, SOS: 25)

If the Illini can win their next four and make the Big Ten semis, they would not be a ridiculous at-large consideration. It may take making the final, though, which likely would provide another marquee win.

GW: Ohio State, Michigan State, Gonzaga, at Northwestern?

BL: at Penn State, at Nebraska

http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1nk8ka8kn

• 2 weeks later...

Uhhhh, you realize this is a Nebraska message board, right? I’d get a boner if we won a third of our B1G 10 games.

*bump*

Well, another flaccid season for NU basketball is in the books.

Just googled flaccid trying to find a funny picture to post in response. HUGE MISTAKE.

Even with Safesearch ON it was a terrible choice.

Uhhhh, you realize this is a Nebraska message board, right? I’d get a boner if we won a third of our B1G 10 games.

*bump*

Well, another flaccid season for NU basketball is in the books.

Just googled flaccid trying to find a funny picture to post in response. HUGE MISTAKE.

Even with Safesearch ON it was a terrible choice.

lol Thanks for not posting any of those pics. :lol:

"flaccid" is a good description of our season though, don't you think?

" can you feel that?" Aw chit! ( The ball did not come out of my hand just right/brick)

This basically says it all when you force yourself to watch nebraska basketball this year. It explains my fetal position and sucking of thumb. And yes mommy I will be a good boy and try to not watch the husker basketball team. (mens that is)

" can you feel that?" " aw chit! the ball did not come out of my hand right! another brick!" " what is that charging sound going on? WHHAA AAHH ATTT? oH WAIT IT IS THE OTHER TEAM COMING DOWN THE FLOOR to put nutz in our face!" " suddemlly it changes it violently changes! I was great in highschool and then BOOM, it violently changed and now I am at Nebraska!" well there is no turning back now and nobody else wants me except divison 3 schools. As the fan you are down with the sickness, just like my dad who has had season tickets for over 30 years now. He is really down with the sickness. " it seems that all good has died ( Danny Nee, yes I know a florida player on the roster nailed his wife, but at least he was down with some funky sickness and tourney appearences) " But now you have woken up the demon in meeeeee ( refering to the new facility)" you know you are down with the sicknes? If you were even watching the mens team this year. Well the fans opened up their hate and let doc go. Well, now what? Will I be in the fetal position next year also? Probally so,but at least I have a doctors excuse of being down with the sickness.

what the f#*k did I just read?

Yeah I just read it myself again. I think ( And I use that term loosely) that I was trying to go with what it was like actually watching a Husker Basketball game last year. Then what did not help was the 2 bottles of wine I consumed and my friend ( Who we call charlie Harper for a reason Having 4 very nice woman over here and some sort of substance flying all over the house. And then 3 strippers showing up and a buddy showing up to help us out. It was a very interesting night is all.

what the f#*k did I just read?

Yeah I just read it myself again. I think ( And I use that term loosely) that I was trying to go with what it was like actually watching a Husker Basketball game last year. Then what did not help was the 2 bottles of wine I consumed and my friend ( Who we call charlie Harper for a reason Having 4 very nice woman over here and some sort of substance flying all over the house. And then 3 strippers showing up and a buddy showing up to help us out. It was a very interesting night is all.

We need to party together.

come on down to Austin,Texas. these parties are not planned,but when they happen they get oof the hook Hollywood style. I was not at matthew Mccaunahys partie here in austin, But the guy I refer to charlie harper was. (That was the party he was busted for playing bongos naked in his house) I can garuantee this, the party was tipped off and only had about 2 minutes to get out and the stories I heard of going out the back door and not wanting to be seen were hilarious. Terry town has very small streets. I think the cops knew that people were there,because of all the cars parked in the street that night. But the neames at that party were pretty impressive in the Texas social circle.