Some impressive Bo numbers........

Comish

Regardless of where you stand on Bo's developing legacy, if Randy York's numbers are correct..............this is fairly impressive

Among schools currently in a BCS automatic-qualifying conference, Pelini has become just the 15th head coach in college football history to win at least nine games in their first four seasons on the job at that school. The group includes four Nebraska coaches (Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Frank Solich and Pelini). Pelini, Solich and Texas’ Mack Brown were the only coaches in Big 12 history (1996) to win nine or more games in each of their first three seasons.

Pelini also was among a group of 18 FBS head coaches who were hired for their jobs beginning with the 2008 season. Pelini leads that group of 18 head coaches in victories over the past four years with 38 wins, three more than Houston’s Kevin Sumlin, who just left his job to take over at Texas A&M. Pelini, in fact, is one of only seven coaches in the group of 18 still in the job they were hired for prior to the 2008 season.

There’s more. When looking only at those in their first head coaching job at a BCS Conference school, Pelini is one of only six to win nine games in each of their first four years on the job. To me, it’s fairly fascinating that three of those six coaches are from Nebraska: Osborne (1973-74-75-76), Solich (1998-99-2000-01) and Pelini (2008-09-10-11). The other three are Oklahoma’s Barry Switzer (1973-74-75-76), Miami’s Larry Coker (2001-02-03-04) and Louisville’s Bobby Petrino (2003-04-05-06).

(referenced from Dirk's Bites at the Omaha World Herald 12.23.11)

• Fire 7

Great find, and impressive to say the least. No doubt that Bo has done a good job, but his legacy will be cemented by what he does next. If he is able to get this program back to 11-12 win seasons, conference championships and being in the national title picture, he will go down as a legend. He is not quite there, but could be ready to grab that next rung on the ladder.

I am really impressed with what has has been able to do with what he inherited. Keep up tue good work Bo. Recruiting is a lot better too.

pass whatever your smoking this way.....

He is not the recruiter Cally was, and he inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

No matter if you support Bo or not, lets atleast be honest about it.

I am really impressed with what has has been able to do with what he inherited. Keep up tue good work Bo. Recruiting is a lot better too.

He is not the recruiter Cally was, and he inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

Cally may have recruited those kids to Lincoln, but Bo and his staff got them to the NFL.

No matter if you try to disparage Bo at every turn or not, let's at least be honest about it.

• Fire 1

Not to mention that half of the players cally got never saw the field. Recruiting and developing are 2 different subjects. I think Bo and his staff can do both.

Not to mention that half of the players cally got never saw the field. Recruiting and developing are 2 different subjects. I think Bo and his staff can do both.

Forge = Cally?? Just asking the question.

Thank God he's not the recruiter calle was. The last thing we need is bunch of over-hyped potential that fails to perform as part of the team and that fall way short of expectations. I want a team not a group of ballyhoo'd individuals. Let's be honest, isn't that all we got from Callahan?

Not to mention Bo wins 9 or 10 games every year while half the time Clownahan would win 5 or 6 games.... or that in his first four years he'll win 10 games twice (even with taking over a hopelessly shipwrecked program).and possibly three times while Clownahan won 10 games zero times.

But of course recruiting stars are vastly more important than results on the field.