Some impressive Bo numbers........

Comish

Remember to point out that Osborne and Solich took over established powers. Pelini was handed sh!t.

I would argue Pelini was handed good talent, however it was talent that had been very poorly developed in areas. Defensively Pelini turned a lot of those players into NFL caliber prospects, and turned one of them into one of the greatest college football players of all time. Offensively he wasn't handed a lot, but still a relatively good group.

But in the end only a few coaches and only a few programs have won championships or done really well within the first couple of years of a new coach (Stoops at OU would be a good example).

I think what someone pointed out in this thread, or another thread, holds credence and is a great point. Nebraska may not win a championship or more than one championship in the next 30+ years, and the sooner people accept that the sooner people will get back to just enjoying football. It's been proven here that it takes one coach a long time to develop a winning program, and Pelini should be held to similar standards.

Who in their right mind can read the posts in this thread from comish and caveman and then say with a straight face that Bo is not a good coach? The wins are there, the off field success is there, talent development is there, recruiting is there, improvement in his demeanor showed up this season... all signs point in a positive direction for Nebraska football. What am I missing?

• Fire 1

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THESE POSTS THAT SAY "BO IS NOT A GOOD COACH". I'M JUST SAYING..........I'VE BEEN HERE AT HUSKERBOARD FOR A LONG TIME AND I'VE ONLY SEEN A FEW ASS CLOWNS SAY THAT BO IS NOT A GOOD COACH. THE REST OF US, INCLUDING MYSELF ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE THAT BO HAS DONE A GREAT JOB. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS 300 PEOPLE ON THIS SITE SPENDING THE MAJORITY OF THIER TIME TO CONVINE 2-5 DUMBFUX THAT BO IS GOOD? I DON'T GET IT?

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THESE POSTS THAT SAY "BO IS NOT A GOOD COACH". I'M JUST SAYING..........I'VE BEEN HERE AT HUSKERBOARD FOR A LONG TIME AND I'VE ONLY SEEN A FEW ASS CLOWNS SAY THAT BO IS NOT A GOOD COACH. THE REST OF US, INCLUDING MYSELF ARE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE THAT BO HAS DONE A GREAT JOB. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS 300 PEOPLE ON THIS SITE SPENDING THE MAJORITY OF THIER TIME TO CONVINE 2-5 DUMBFUX THAT BO IS GOOD? I DON'T GET IT?

Oh the naysayers have been pretty vocal lately, and frankly they are entitled to their opinion. I have had good discussion with most in the past, but lately it seems they are spouting opinions without substance and being very persistent about it.

Oh the naysayers have been pretty vocal lately, and frankly they are entitled to their opinion. I have had good discussion with most in the past, but lately it seems they are spouting opinions without substance and being very persistent about it.

That's fine man. I guess I don't see it as much. Your right, they are entitled to their opinion. I hope the minority of Husker fans don't somehow find their way to get another coach ran out of town.

All I have to do is think back to how good Suh was before Pelini and how good he was after Peini. I think that if anyone argues this fact then you are bilnd, crazy, and will never be happy with any coach or results. We always should strive to be better. I do this in my job or I wouldn't do it period. Bo, has a knack to develope players no matter what star rankings they were at. This will help eventually, Bo and Staff, able to go after better athletes and have a great shot at landing them. This is Nebraska and it is all about working hard and being rewarded for your work. Recruiting is no different you will be rewarded if you keep producing NFL level players.

I just want to add.............

Suh was pedestrian before Pelini got here. He was a starter in the Big 12 and that is it. The ability was always there and he occasionally showed it. He was far far from one of the best that ever played the game. Not to mention he was a time bomb (kind of like now).

The second thing I haven't seen posted that kind of surprises me in Prince Amukamara. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the best Husker corner in the last 10-15 years a receiver when Pelini arrived?

All I have to do is think back to how good Suh was before Pelini and how good he was after Peini. I think that if anyone argues this fact then you are bilnd, crazy, and will never be happy with any coach or results. We always should strive to be better. I do this in my job or I wouldn't do it period. Bo, has a knack to develope players no matter what star rankings they were at. This will help eventually, Bo and Staff, able to go after better athletes and have a great shot at landing them. This is Nebraska and it is all about working hard and being rewarded for your work. Recruiting is no different you will be rewarded if you keep producing NFL level players.

I just want to add.............

Suh was pedestrian before Pelini got here. He was a starter in the Big 12 and that is it. The ability was always there and he occasionally showed it. He was far far from one of the best that ever played the game. Not to mention he was a time bomb (kind of like now).

The second thing I haven't seen posted that kind of surprises me in Prince Amukamara. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the best Husker corner in the last 10-15 years a receiver when Pelini arrived?

I wouldn't call Prince the best CB we've had recently. He came to Nebraska as a RB. But, your point is still true. Prince would have been nothing without Bo and Marvin Sanders.

The Dude, JJHusker, BSshirt, HuskertillIdie.......If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

You seem to be the one confused here.

inherited a decent amount of talent (look at all the NFL picks over the last 4 years).

Sure he "inherited talent", but those talented guys were far below average football players before Bo and his staff developed them and sent them to the NFL. It would appear you're the one who doesn't understand the difference.

Take your own advice:

If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

The Dude, JJHusker, BSshirt, HuskertillIdie.......If you dont know the difference between coaching and recruiting, stop posting about college football.

Some other interesting facts about Bo....

0-4 to get to BCS game

0-4 in conf championships

How is Bo 0-4 in conference champion ship games if he's only played in two at Nebraska? :dunno

0-4 to get to BCS game

How is Bo 0-4 in conference champion ship games if he's only played in two at Nebraska? :dunno

He was saying 0 for 4 for getting a conference championship. Not talking about the games themselves.

0-4 to get to BCS game

Forge, AF Husker, Not since 97 if you are too thick headed to realize that Bo is bringing in pretty good talent, stop talking about college football.

Some other interesting facts about Bo...

He's been to more conference championship games than any coach that's coached here in the past 14 years. He's only coached for 4 years.