*** Official Capital One Bowl Game Discussion Thread ***

Dear ESPN

When there is a play going on, don't show Spurrier (or any coach) on the sidelines.

There is a game going on NOW. I understand you have to promote the next game to keep viewers, but there is a game going on NOW. Don't spend 5 straight minutes of air time ignoring what is going on the field to talk about how you and your "booth buddie" can't wait to get back to the hotel room for "quality time" while watching the Rose Bowl.

I generally don't believe in the announcer bias against NU, Usually its pumping up the other team when they are losing to NU to keep interest in the game. When NU was down there was still a Spurrier love fest.

As for the game, NU had their chances. End of first half, not finishing off drives, kicking mistakes by the usually stolid Maher. Oh, well there is always next year

I'm with gbr93 too. I love our team. I will support them to the grave. I was so hopeful that we would win, but we didn't. No one feels worse than those players. Can you imagine how Dennard feels? His last game and he gets ejected! I'm so sad that he couldn't have just stepped out of bounds and let them eject the other kid. (My guess is that the other kid wouldn't have been ejected. They would've given SC a penalty and the game would've continued.) But that didn't happen. The thing that made me the saddest was that we beat ourselves. SC didn't beat us-we gave them that game. Frankly, they weren't what I expected. Their defense was mediocre at best. Our defense was keeping their 'mobile' quarterback from doing what he probably usually does. The officiating was poor, but you can't blame them for our fumbles and interceptions along with our lack of focus. We have alot of work to do during the off season. Will we be better next year? I hope so. I think we have the building blocks to be really good. But I know this: I will never give up on this team. Now excuse me while I go put on my galoshes, waders, raincoat, facemask, goggles and rubber gloves because the poop is gonna fly on this board! Forever GO BIG RED!

• Fire 1

I'm with gbr93 too. I love our team. I will support them to the grave. I was so hopeful that we would win, but we didn't. No one feels worse than those players. Can you imagine how Dennard feels? His last game and he gets ejected! I'm so sad that he couldn't have just stepped out of bounds and let them eject the other kid. (My guess is that the other kid wouldn't have been ejected. They would've given SC a penalty and the game would've continued.) But that didn't happen. The thing that made me the saddest was that we beat ourselves. SC didn't beat us-we gave them that game. Frankly, they weren't what I expected. Their defense was mediocre at best. Our defense was keeping their 'mobile' quarterback from doing what he probably usually does. The officiating was poor, but you can't blame them for our fumbles and interceptions along with our lack of focus. We have alot of work to do during the off season. Will we be better next year? I hope so. I think we have the building blocks to be really good. But I know this: I will never give up on this team. Now excuse me while I go put on my galoshes, waders, raincoat, facemask, goggles and rubber gloves because the poop is gonna fly on this board! Forever GO BIG RED!

This has what has made this year uninspiring, the lack of focus. Hawke, as you said I also will never give up on the program also. I hope like h*ll the coaches, staff and the returning players are motivated this off-season and take a long look in the mirror, because they are better than that.

I will wait for next year like always. Execution did the Huskers in. Our defense was just as good if not better than theirs. It was like watching the Wis game all over again. We imploded.. Thought the game plan was great, up to the players to hang on to the ball. Say what you want, this one was a good coached game, and we win it if the players do what their coached to do. Hope no one tries to hang this loss on Bo. The players are here for a B1G championship game next year.

GBR!!!