*** Official Capital One Bowl Game Discussion Thread ***

I put most of this poor second half performance on two areas Tim Beck & Barney Cotton.

1) Tim Beck because you know your defense is starting to struggle stopping the deep ball, so help your defense out by running it more on first down and working that clock.

2) Barney Cotton because....opps another penalty by an offensive lineman.......oh there's another.

What about Garrison? He coaches the O-line too. Or is it easier to just blame it on Cotton?

Or Stai.

But nahhhh.....when it's bad news it's due to Cotton. When it's good news it's Garrison & Stai. Just how it works around here.

Cotton is the common denominator between our last three years of crappy o-line play...that's how it works around Lincoln

OK we have all seen the same thing today, and for the better part of four years. Let's put a pause on the complaining for just a minute, and let's go to work:

How does this Nebraska team get fixed? What changes do we need to make? Fire away!

I say we need to go back to basics. Teach these kids how to stand still on the line so that we don't get these stupid delay of game penalties. Teach them how to carry and catch the ball. So many dropped balls and fumbles because the ball wasn't secure. Teach these kids how to tackle. They missed so many tackles today-tackles that cost us. But most of all teach them to maintain focus. They need to stay in the game the entire game, not just when they are ahead.

I can't believe this sh**ty team is handing it to us like this. We gave them everything for the first three quarters and now we look like a high school team with no clue. Poorest coaching performance I can remember seeing in a long time. I'm seriously disappointed.

No 5 team in the BCS = sh**ty. :dunno

I know you can't ever blame a game on the refs, but if this is what you consider a refing crew then it's pathetic. They changed the momentum of this game every chance they had. You can say the guys had no heart, but when you have to worry about what you can't do so you won't get flagged, you start playing tentative. All I can say is that I will continue to have faith in my team. I was born in 93 so I don't remember much from the 'glory days', and honestly, I'm glad. I see a team that played with so much emotion today, that it was almost impossible to sustain the whole game. I love my team, players, coaches, assistants, trainers, ball boys, etc. I'm ready for next year as I see a team that will continue to improve, and I can't wait til they prove all you neysayers wrong!

We peaked three years ago. Downhill since then. The kids play with no passion. Pelini is a douche to the media. Almost like no one has any pride in the program any more. Sad to see where it's tumbled to. I hope the media rips Pelini and co. a new one so Osborne starts to take notice.

Nebraska is just as bad as the Dallas cowboys!! Both have won 5 titles and we both have not done crap since the 90's! I am one irritated sports fan! Why do we always crap down our leg under pressure! I love Nebraska football and I can not switch teams because Nebraska football feels like its a part of me but man I feel like a loser being a Nebraska Fan, it is almost embarrasing I'm 21 and I never got to enjoy watching Nebraska football back when we won titles in 1994,1995,1997. I was only 7 years old in 1997... I still live in the eric crouch days and I still have my 2002 Rose bowl T shirts. I just wish that we could at least win a concerence title!!!! That would make me elated!!

Comparing a NFL team to a college football team has all kinds of FAIL in it.....

Well I have lived in Texas for the past 10 years and I am a CowboyFan.. I was Born in Nebraska and all my family is up there and I am a diehard corn head. Im not really comparing I am just saying that I am a fan of both and both of my teams FAIL right now...

Great. Now we're trying to injure QB's at the end of the game, more penalties. I'm so embarrassed to be a Nebraska fan right now. Everything this program supposedly stands for is now a joke. Talk your sh*t about me all you want...but this is uncalled for, no matter how bad the refs were.

Hahahah!