Glad we hired a "defensive minded coach"

Sparker

I love what Bo is doing with his hires. In 5-10 years we are gonna look back at Bo as one of the best evaluators of leaders of young men. He isn't hiring yes men. He is hiring head coaches in Training. We need to get young as coaches especially position coaches. Have to be able to relate to these kids. And Bo must see in these guys that they can handle delegated responsibilities. Look at how Saban and miles and parcells and bill walshs assistants are sprinkled throughout their respective leagues. The only hire I have issue with is the OC position mostly because Bo himself has no experience on the offensive side whereas with his DC coach he has full knowledge and lays out the blueprint for that side of the ball. On offense I just think we need someone with game calling experience. Not that beck hasn't shown glimpses but I wish he has some experience in a league like the MAC or somewhere similar first.

Not saying he's the right guy, but at least he knows how to win and compete for Titles. He's been there and understands what it takes. Either way, our Defensive line won't allow us to compete for Titles no matter who we've got at OC

Beck was the offensive coordinator for Kansas in 2007. You know that Kansas team who won the Orange Bowl. And he doesn't compete for titles?

no he wasn't

No, then I guess I can't read or the website I read was wrong.

Not saying he's the right guy, but at least he knows how to win and compete for Titles. He's been there and understands what it takes. Either way, our Defensive line won't allow us to compete for Titles no matter who we've got at OC

Beck was the offensive coordinator for Kansas in 2007. You know that Kansas team who won the Orange Bowl. And he doesn't compete for titles?

no he wasn't

No, then I guess I can't read or the website I read was wrong.

The team's new offensive coordinator was Ed Warinner (3rd year overall), Tim Beck (3rd year) was the wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Kansas_Jayhawks_football_team

This whole staff based on nepotism is glaring.

You've got a point about discipline (or lack thereof, but let's be real - most coaches hire guys they know. Hiring position coaches and coordinators who are total strangers is very rare. The nepotism angle is a miss.

so you're saying Bo just doesn't know the right people? Monster.com maybe? Wanted: OC/DC with extensive experience. Pay range 350,000-600,000 DOE. Must submit to the will of HC, stoke his ego, and bend your coaching phylosophy to the "Nebraska way". I don't remember Chizik having a tight bond with Malzahn before he hired him and won a MNC.

IMO the coordinator position in today's game is more vital than the HC. Paying 3.5 million to 1 guy ranked about 25ish at his job, when you could be paying 1 million each to the 2 best coordinators in the game is BS to me. That still leaves about 2 million to stoke the ego of the HC. If he wants to leave fine, you've still go the two best coordinators in the game. If they want to leave, fine...for a million bucks a year you'll have first dibs on the best ones out there. Good luck trying to stop a Malzahn coordinated offense. If you do manage, it wont' matter because Greg Mattison's defense will dominate you.

Who cares about the HC anymore. It's the coordinators that are winning games.

That's not a bad idea, but why would you be able to convince million-dollar coordinators to come play for a $2.5 million coach? And Chizik didn't win a MNC because of Gus Malzahn, he won it because of Cam Newton. I could have been the OC on that team and at least played for the SEC Championship.

Bull. Last time I checked football is still a team sport.

BCS Bowl Games this year:

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin 38 - Oregon 45

Fiesta Bowl: Stanford 38 - Okla St 41

Sugar Bowl: Michigan 20 - Va Tech 23....Normal Game, LOL

Orange Bowl: W. Virginia 70 - Clemson 33

Im glad we hired a defensive minded coach too. :sarcasm

All of college football seems to be scoring points in bunches lately while the Huskers manage a whopping 13.

Now that Ive said this, the National Title Game will probably be a another defensive yawner and have a final score of 2-0.

This whole staff based on nepotism is glaring.

You've got a point about discipline (or lack thereof, but let's be real - most coaches hire guys they know. Hiring position coaches and coordinators who are total strangers is very rare. The nepotism angle is a miss.

They are known for the experience and abilities or know to BO from Youngstown? If guys are picked based on experience and credentials, I have no issues, but to go from a RB coach (who developed no one) to OC, IMHO is a miss. Our D line looked great with SUH and then what. Look at the four year in ability to stop a mobile QB and now this guy is our DC again, IMHO another miss.

I have no issue promoting guys you know, BUT they really need to be qualified for the position.

Beck held "passing game Coordinator" at KU, so to paint him as a bumbling guy with no experience is unfair.

At the beginning of the season, this record and these were the results were what a good majority of us were expecting, but now that they have happened, there's a total meltdown

My only thoughts on the subject