Glad we hired a "defensive minded coach"

Sparker

The guy we should have hired, and who is a NEBRASKA guy is on the sideline at the Rose Bowl today.

I think we all know who that is. The whole credentials thing can't be played either because Beck had no credentials either.

Seriously?!?

Didn't take long for the Scott Frost crowd to show up.

Honestly what more experience did he have more than Beck again???? Oh yeah maybe he could have helped restrain Zo like he did Blount once upon a time ago.

You sir, are not the brightest star in the sky. Go on now, go keep drinking red kool aid and your delusional sandwich. Some people just don't get it I guess.

The guy we should have hired, and who is a NEBRASKA guy is on the sideline at the Rose Bowl today.

I think we all know who that is. The whole credentials thing can't be played either because Beck had no credentials either.

Seriously?!?

Honestly what more experience did he have more than Beck again???? Oh yeah maybe he could have helped restrain Zo like he did Blount once upon a time ago.

You sir, are not the brightest star in the sky. Go on now, go keep drinking red kool aid and your delusional sandwich. Some people just don't get it I guess.

And all I asked were what Frost brought to the table other than playing for the team???

You seem to discredit Beck real quick, when Frost has done the about the same before the hiring.

Some people also don't get it, the late 90's are not going to return due to having "Nebraska guys" on the staff.

But please humor me with more of what ever it is you drink

Seriously?!?

And all I asked were what Frost brought to the table other than playing for the team???

You seem to discredit Beck real quick, when Frost has done the about the same before the hiring.

Some people also don't get it, the late 90's are not going to return due to having "Nebraska guys" on the staff.

It would be okay if we didn't perform well though, because he's a NEBRASKA guy. Scott Frost also is at Oregon who last time I checked, has much better talent than Nebraska.

Frost does not have qualifications to be an OC, even less than Beck does. Beck ran offenses in HS I believe, and at least had some kind of higher-than-position-coach title at Kansas. If you want to talk about maybe we should have hired an experienced, proven coordinator to run the offense instead of Beck, that is a fair conversation to have, but Frost? no way.

Even you acknowledge his only advantage is that he is a "Nebraska guy".

Beck has had his ups and downs. The biggest problems right now, IMO, are the pieces on the chessboard. Too many misses in recruiting, some of that goes back to the coaches. Some coaches I am not the biggest fans of, but a guy like Beck who has busted his ass for the program, doesn't deserve vitriol or backlash, not yet.

This whole staff based on nepotism is glaring.

You've got a point about discipline (or lack thereof, but let's be real - most coaches hire guys they know. Hiring position coaches and coordinators who are total strangers is very rare. The nepotism angle is a miss.

Didn't SC hire their DC from within. Nawww just a NU thing.

Seriously?!?

It would be okay if we didn't perform well though, because he's a NEBRASKA guy. Scott Frost also is at Oregon who last time I checked, has much better talent than Nebraska.

THIS. This is something I brought up when the whole hire frost campaign was going on. Look at what Ted Gilmore does with better talent, WR Coach of the Year. Why do people think Frost would get the same results here is beyond me.

And if we hired that NEBRASKA guy and he came in here and did just as well as Beck did, it would be okay? You know, because he's a NEBRASKA guy.

Not saying he's the right guy, but at least he knows how to win and compete for Titles. He's been there and understands what it takes. Either way, our Defensive line won't allow us to compete for Titles no matter who we've got at OC

So no other coach but him knows how to win and compete for titles. lame :leghump:

Seriously?!?

Oh but we are Nebraska, we are the best and should have the best talent blah blah blah. I am one of the people that fully understand how far gone the 90's are, I frequently have to talk my friends down from the ledge after games like today.

Most of them don't understand that Oregon is superior to Nebraska in every way other than how many national championships each program has.

And if we hired that NEBRASKA guy and he came in here and did just as well as Beck did, it would be okay? You know, because he's a NEBRASKA guy.

Not saying he's the right guy, but at least he knows how to win and compete for Titles. He's been there and understands what it takes. Either way, our Defensive line won't allow us to compete for Titles no matter who we've got at OC

So no other coach but him knows how to win and compete for titles. lame :leghump:

edit, nvm

Most of them don't understand that Oregon is superior to Nebraska in every way other than how many national championships each program has.

So then how exactly does/would have the hiring of Scott Frost made a difference?

I agree with your last post, but still fail to find out where you are going with the Frost thing.

We tried to get Frost here on the staff last season.

But it just wasn't a good fit for him and IIRC and he opted to stay at Oregon.

You know, best choice for him. An offensive positions coach looking to hone his craft, where do you want to be? Learning under mad genius Chip Kelly is about as good as you can have it right now. His time will come if he keeps progressing.

You've got a point about discipline (or lack thereof, but let's be real - most coaches hire guys they know. Hiring position coaches and coordinators who are total strangers is very rare. The nepotism angle is a miss.

They are known for the experience and abilities or know to BO from Youngstown? If guys are picked based on experience and credentials, I have no issues, but to go from a RB coach (who developed no one) to OC, IMHO is a miss. Our D line looked great with SUH and then what. Look at the four year in ability to stop a mobile QB and now this guy is our DC again, IMHO another miss.

I have no issue promoting guys you know, BUT they really need to be qualified for the position.

Roy? Rex?

We did a pretty good job of containing that qb today. ??

Didn't SC hire their DC from within. Nawww just a NU thing.

They did. On one of the local ESPN shows here (Cola SC) they spoke about the advantages of loyalty, longevity of the program was important, BUT so was finding a name with the track record and credentials maybe even more important than hiring from within.