Glad we hired a "defensive minded coach"

Sparker

Look who we named as our new DC. The same DL coach that can't stop the 4th and 6. Great call. This whole staff based on nepotism is glaring. Beck, Cotton, JP, give me a break. With the big names (or even experienced guys available) last year and this we are saddled with these guys.

Bo is good for 8-9 wins a year. Get used to it. Undisciplined, unprepared no depth, no player development. Awesome.

This whole staff based on nepotism is glaring.

You've got a point about discipline (or lack thereof, but let's be real - most coaches hire guys they know. Hiring position coaches and coordinators who are total strangers is very rare. The nepotism angle is a miss.

They are known for the experience and abilities or know to BO from Youngstown? If guys are picked based on experience and credentials, I have no issues, but to go from a RB coach (who developed no one) to OC, IMHO is a miss. Our D line looked great with SUH and then what. Look at the four year in ability to stop a mobile QB and now this guy is our DC again, IMHO another miss.

I have no issue promoting guys you know, BUT they really need to be qualified for the position.

You've got a point about discipline (or lack thereof, but let's be real - most coaches hire guys they know. Hiring position coaches and coordinators who are total strangers is very rare. The nepotism angle is a miss.

They are known for the experience and abilities or know to BO from Youngstown? If guys are picked based on experience and credentials, I have no issues, but to go from a RB coach (who developed no one) to OC, IMHO is a miss. Our D line looked great with SUH and then what. Look at the four year in ability to stop a mobile QB and now this guy is our DC again, IMHO another miss.

I have no issue promoting guys you know, BUT they really need to be qualified for the position.

Roy? Rex?

Roy? Rex?

Okafor, Ward, where is the depth? Can you really say that with all the schollie RB's we have/had any panned out besides Rex and Roy? IMO, no. Who besides Rex had any playing time coming into this year. Last year besides Roy? One returner who is good and no one else is not developing depth.

Roy? Rex?

Okafor, Ward, where is the depth? Can you really say that with all the schollie RB's we have/had any panned out besides Rex and Roy? IMO, no. Who besides Rex had any playing time coming into this year. Last year besides Roy? One returner who is good and no one else is not developing depth.

Rex? I seem to see a pattern here...

If your complaint is with lack of depth THIS YEAR, I would have no arguement. When you claim we haven't developed anyone if you con't count our two best backs over the last four years, that's blatently false. One year out of four where we have a stud started with three athletic freshman for backups is a long way from developing no one.

The guy we should have hired, and who is a NEBRASKA guy is on the sideline at the Rose Bowl today.

I think we all know who that is. The whole credentials thing can't be played either because Beck had no credentials either.

And if we hired that NEBRASKA guy and he came in here and did just as well as Beck did, it would be okay? You know, because he's a NEBRASKA guy.

The guy we should have hired, and who is a NEBRASKA guy is on the sideline at the Rose Bowl today.

I think we all know who that is. The whole credentials thing can't be played either because Beck had no credentials either.

And if we hired that NEBRASKA guy and he came in here and did just as well as Beck did, it would be okay? You know, because he's a NEBRASKA guy.

Not saying he's the right guy, but at least he knows how to win and compete for Titles. He's been there and understands what it takes. Either way, our Defensive line won't allow us to compete for Titles no matter who we've got at OC

Seriously?!?

Didn't take long for the Scott Frost crowd to show up.

Honestly what more experience did he have more than Beck again???? Oh yeah maybe he could have helped restrain Zo like he did Blount once upon a time ago.