Why Taylor Makes me Laugh

Would you feel better if he said he expected a sh**ty year just like this year? Some people spend way too much time trying to find ways to hate the guy. You're probably one of the morons that called Big Red Reaction and blamed another loss on Martinez.

I would feel a lot better if he felt like he probably wasn't going to be the starter next year. He is a joke, especially with the O-line that he has in front of him that can't open holes or protect him when he drops back to throw a pass with his bad mechanics in tow.

Dang! I was hoping none of the naysayers would come to this thread. Thanks alot! NOT!

Glad I could make your day, because I am sure the game didn't...but then again, maybe it was all you expected, since maybe you are drinking the same kool aid that Martinez is. Outside of Lincoln, I would say that he would have a hard time finding a starting QB position anywhere in the top 50 teams of the NCAA. In your mind, I am sure Nebraska is going to win a NC every year. NOT!

Nah, I was just trying to find a bar that wasn't smokey. The game was just sad but there were also good parts of it like the way we came out right away and scored and the way we held them off for the entire third quarter. If our boys would've executed every play we would've won this game. I know we have problems but it's so disheartening to hear the same thing over and over and over again after we lose a game. This thread was positive but realistic. It shared the facts but didn't beat down the coaches and players. Don't you get tired of that? I'm sorry but I do.

I think Taylor's going to be pretty disappointed next year.

WAHHHHH!!! This was such a nice, realistic, positive discussion then the 'Debbie Downer's had to crash the party! BLAH!! WAAHHHHH!!!

Stay off the sauce for a couple of days. It works wonders.

Yes you should because it's clouded your vision for the good things that happened in the game. I was proud of the way our boys came out and scored right away. I was also pleased by the way we held them in the third quarter. We have some decent, players that go to practice day in and day out. They also have to study, pass their classes, give up their social life and for what? To hear people blast them after every loss? What good does it do? NOTHING! I just get tired of hearing it. I love our team. They deserve all the support we can give them. I know I sure couldn't do what they do day in and day out. I respect your opinion I just don't share it.

The ONLY way we will play for a NC next year will be a team that is not QB'd by Martinez. ....

.....You need a reality check, outside Lincoln, NE, you would probably not be a starting QB on any Division I team.

Good Lord almighty I am tired of hearing and reading this bullsh!t. Yeah, the guy was only on the pre-season Heisman watch list as a sophomore, but he wouldn't be a starting qb at any other Division 1 team. My God, the stupidity that some Husker fans display is borderline frightening.

The guy can't block for himself, he can't help it that he only has 1 game-ready running back, it's not his fault that our defense was horrible this year, it's not his fault that Maher missed the first 40 yard or less FG in 2 years today, it's not his fault that his WRs drop 3 to 4 good passes every single game. He was 11-16 passing today, Reed, Marlow, and Kinnie (of course) all dropped easily catchable balls. When he got sacked in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, he did a great job of holding onto the ball when he was in his throwing motion, most qbs would have fumbled that ball.

I know, I know, he threw an interception, but I wonder if the know-it-all-fans-who-have-never-played-organized-football-in-their-lives really know if T Mart made a bad throw, of if the WR made a bad read and went the wrong way, because I don't know what really happened on that play. It looked like miscommunication to me, and for the uninformed fan, it's easy to put the blame on T-Mart for that throw.

He made huge strides this year, so bottom line, with the exception of Burkhead, Martinez is the least of our concerns on offense.

• Fire 2

To HuskerTrucker and beanman-I apologize. You have every right to say whatever you want on this board. I'm just tired. I feel so badly for our boys tonight. They had such a promising start. It just makes me sad. :''( I feel badly for Bo and his coaches. I'm sure they worked their tails off only to have their dream game go down the toilet. But that's no excuse for me being techy with the both of you. Please take care and have a Happy 2012. In the end we all love our Huskers no matter how we show it! GBR.

I don't have a problem with Taylor, think he's only gona get better and better, but damn that dude goes down easy. I've been watching college football a long time and I've never seen a D1 athlete go down as easily as he does.

He's under explicit instructions not to get hurt. This is why he slides, goes down without a fight, etc. Seems easier than building a backup I guess.

I still am in Taylor's camp but the biggest problem I'm having is that he doesn't get reprimanded anymore. Maybe Lee going in for him last year wasn't the answer, maybe it was, but when he's out there literally flinging crap around, it doesnt get better or improve because no one else is coming in.

He has gotten better. He has. But Bo is developing the same micromanaging problem that Solich had. And it will cost him his job if he lets it metastasize.

Maybe I'm just negative but without a different QB, we won't be playing for the NC or even the Big 10 title. It just won't happen.

Man, I'm tired of this bullsh!t line of thinking, too. Yeah, he damn near led us to the Big Twelve championship on two bad wheels as a freshman, but he won't be able to lead us to the big ten championship?

I know it's easy to blame the qb (just ask Scott Frost), I just wish people had a clue before p.osting tripe like this

• Fire 2

WAHHHHH!!! This was such a nice, realistic, positive discussion then the 'Debbie Downer's had to crash the party! BLAH!! WAAHHHHH!!!

Maybe instead of making a vague comment and implying that ladyhawke is drinking too much in questioning what the hell you're talking about, you could explain WHY you think Martinez is going to be disappointed next year.

Bingo. I would like to see one person on this board that could go through the $*** he has for the last 2 years and handle it the way he does.

There are people on this board facing medical hardship, financial ruin, family strain, military service -- now that is some "$***", so don't make an accusation that people can't handle life better than a college QB. And don't say it isn't the same -- crud is crud no matter the source.

Maybe instead of making a vague comment and implying that ladyhawke is drinking too much in questioning what the hell you're talking about, you could explain WHY you think Martinez is going to be disappointed next year.

When asked about the returning players at the key positions on offense next year, the quarterback said: "Next year if we don't play for the national championship I'll probably be pretty disappointed."

I thought it was pretty obvious why Taylor was going to be disappointed. Next time I'll spell it out for both of you.

I think Taylor showed in the last half of the season (to me at least) that he could be good enough to take this team to a national title. I don't think he lost us a single game the entire season. In fact, the only game that he played BAD in was against Wisconsin. Otherwise, Taylor's performance was more than satisfactory to me, and I was actually surprised with how much he grew as a true QB this year.

To me, QB and RB are the two positions that are 100% stable, along with possibly TE. I am very optimistic heading into next year, as long as we find the right pieces at all 3 levels on defense.

• Fire 2

I think Taylor showed in the last half of the season (to me at least) that he could be good enough to take this team to a national title. I don't think he lost us a single game the entire season. In fact, the only game that he played BAD in was against Wisconsin. Otherwise, Taylor's performance was more than satisfactory to me, and I was actually surprised with how much he grew as a true QB this year.

To me, QB and RB are the two positions that are 100% stable, along with possibly TE. I am very optimistic heading into next year, as long as we find the right pieces at all 3 levels on defense.

I just posted the same thing in the Jamal Turner thread. I have gone from overly critical of his play to a supporter since the Northwestern game. He has made plays and not hurt the team.