I hope Turner or another QB gets a long hard look this offseason.

After seeing Carnes for all of 10 plays this year, the one thing that I can say with confidence is that the kid has an arm. No other distinctions can be made about him from what I saw.

As for Turner playing QB, again I think we can all agree we learned almost nothing. What I saw though was certainly a kid that would be a nightmare to try to keep in the pocket and bring down for sacks. And when you have a below average O-line on pass protection, a guy like that can do wonders.

For being a "mobile" QB, I think most agree Taylor is not a guy that buys time well, or even average. He's certainly made improvements this year, but he seems to lack the instinctual ability to get out of trouble in the pocket.

You don't have to like the answer, but Martinez was crucial in every one of our nine wins. He didn't cost us any of our four losses. You want to gripe about a player who's losing us games, it isn't Martinez. You want to find players who are winning us games, his name is on that list.

This 9 win resume really isn't that impressive. People keep hanging their hats on it as if it is a badge of honor.

If 9-4, in year 4, with a returning QB starter is satisfying, fine, I'm not going to sway your opinion.

Nobody is "hanging their hats on it as if it is a badge of honor." You see people support their team through bad times and presume it's acceptance of poor results. It's called not being a fair-weather fan. Losing sucks and nobody here likes it. Everyone here wants to be playing for conference championships, you're not alone in that regard. But when people just gripe for the sake of griping, it doesn't mean you have higher standards. It means you're venting.

unfortunately we're griping about the same exact thing 2-3 years in a row. honestly, nothing has changed for the positive since 09'. I can't think of a single aspect of the team that is better. Our highest point as a program under Pelini is after the 09' Texas loss, Arizona beatdown. Remember that offseason? Full of hope. The "potential" was finally being realized....well, it's been downhill since then. Has Pelini done anything to right the ship? He's taken action I guess. He took a guy that was part of those disastrous 09' and 10' offenses and promoted him to OC. He took a guy that led the most disapointing defensive unit (the DL) in 11' and promoted him to DC. Oh, and he kept on staff a guy named Cotton. If you weren't a fan of the Huskers, and just dropped in and I told you that...what would you think of the HC decisions?

It means you're venting.

Sure. I'm venting. But venting does not make me a "fair weathered fan."

The entire idea that if a fan utters a single complaint/vent/critique of a team equates them to being fair weather fans is ludicrous.

It's all about the delivery, man. I critique things all the time, but I'm rarely (if ever) accused of being a fair-weather fan.

I giggle every time someone tries to down grade winning 9-10 games a year for the past 4 years. By that perspective,there are like 8 not that impressive teams over the course of that time span and the rest of college football must suck ass.

About 3/4 of the way through the season I shared this philosophy. Than I started to look at those records past and present and came to a different conclusion.

Losses are NOT the issue. Non-competitive losses, mistake prone, embarrassing losses, mental miscues etc are an issue.

How many times in your life have you seen teams get 4 penalties in drive. How many times have you seen that under Bo in the past 4 years?

I giggle every time someone tries to down grade winning 9-10 games a year for the past 4 years. By that perspective,there are like 8 not that impressive teams over the course of that time span and the rest of college football must suck ass.

About 3/4 of the way through the season I shared this philosophy. Than I started to look at those records past and present and came to a different conclusion.

Losses are NOT the issue. Non-competitive losses, mistake prone, embarrassing losses, mental miscues etc are an issue.

How many times in your life have you seen teams get 4 penalties in drive. How many times have you seen that under Bo in the past 4 years?

Forget the wins, compare the rankings. With our 9 wins we're barely sniffing the top 25. 20 years ago 9 wins earned you a top 10 ranking. That's a lot easier to swallow than the big "NR" we keep finishing our seasons with.

Only thing I have come to dislike about Martinez is he has no ability to scramble or run a QB draw. Now can he run the Option yes.. The read Option umm not that great. but when you put a pass rush on him he can not figure out how to exscape and break a big one. Or when you call a QB draw like the one against SC in the bowl game. He acted like he didnt know where to go!! Kinda like the option play during the 3rd quarter I think where if he runs to the outside of his lead blocker Legate he is GONE but no he runs to the inside and is tackled. Conner Shaw looked like a better runner them T-Mart.

Did some quick stat looking into. Here is what Taylor has done so far and some are calling for his head.

After SOPHOMORE Year:

Rushing:

Rushing Seasons By a Quarterback: 5th (2010) 9th (2011)

Rushing Season By Class: 2nd (2010) (missed out on sophmore list by about 50 yards)

Passing:

Passing Yardage Season: 6th (2011) 11th (2010)

Passing Season By Class: 1st Freshman (2010) 1st Sophomore (2011)

Total Offense:

Total Offense Games By Class: 1st Freshman (2010) 1st Sophomore (2011)

Total Offensive Season: 3rd (2011) 7th (2010)

Career Total Offense: 3rd (On pace to pace #1 by over 2,000 yards)

On Pace to Pass:

Career Passing Record

Rushing by a QB

Total Offense

How fans can sit and watch Rex Burkhead leave EVERYTHING on the field and contrast that with Martinez who plays with such little sense of urgency and not be a left scratching their heads is beyond me.

I dearly hope T-Mart progresses and proves me and all naysayers wrong. But I just don't see it happening.

Rex makes mistakes as well, and often is not called on them. He misses blocks, he false-starts, he drops passes, he fumbles. Rex lost the Northwestern game for us FAR MORE than Martinez lost this game for us, but there isn't one thread looking to replace Burkhead with one of the three Freshmen.

It's comical how often Rex can screw up and it gets ignored, but Martinez has what was actually a pretty good game, and people want him benched, or they want to see "progress" or whatever the magic phrase is.

Great post. I for one am still on Tmart's side. I have said many times that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and because they are 'opinions' ....none are wrong. That doesn't mean that I can't and won't disagree with opinions.

Taylor has come light years this year. Footwork and motion needs work, yes.... Decision making is 110% better. Everything he does that is good seems to get overlooked. Take a sack instead of throwing ball up for grabs... great if his name is ?? , but since it's Taylor, it was a horrible sack.

10/16 against a tough defense (especially pass eff. def.) with 3-4 drops... ran more explosive than previously when turning corners or designed straight ahead runs.... held onto ball when getting crushed from backside instead of fumbling (more than once).....

** As stated MANY times on the board, Taylor has been told not to take hits because of our lack of depth. This is why he slides, and goes down easy. Furthermore, I would rather him go down easy after a 4 yard gain instead of fighting for 2 more yards and fumbling or getting hurt.

Hell, Ameer fumbled ball that cost us 7 and very POSSIBLY turned the wrong way on the curl costing an interception....taking 3 from us and setting up the hail mary..... If that is the case, Ameer cost us 10 and gave them 7 = 17 pt difference........ BUT, he is still called a "super freshman" that needs to see the field more, and Tmart has only consistantly gotten better and still people are bitching.

I rarely (if ever) call out my "coaching" experience....because I never claim to know more than the next guy, but in this case, it is very apparent that some members are strictly watching the game instead of truly "seeing" it. And, in some cases, the zone read is actually a designed QB keep or give, called in huddle, rather than read. He is not reading the defense 100 % of the time... and yes, sometimes you have to eat the ball to keep the defenses honest.

Enough with the Taylor crap. He is NOT the problem. In fact, without him, we are a LOT worse !!!!!! Mark my words. And no, I am not satisfied with 9 wins and neither is he, but when he comes out and says he would like a NC (not 9 wins)...... he still catches crap...

His motion is ugly and he needs work, but he is pretty stinking good !!! There is a REASON why SC keyed him instead of Burkhead. If you read the papers , listened to the game, coaches and announcers..... they all said Martinez was the KEY.... but, I am sure that some on this board are smarter than not only the NU coaching staff, but also Spurrier. Go figure

• Fire 2
I would rather have a statue back there that would at least step up to buy a little more time.

I wonder what kind of similar analogy Taylor would use to describe his receivers that constantly, and I do mean CONSTANTLY, drop balls that hit them right in the hands.

That is a much bigger problem with regards to the passing game than Taylor's footwork or pocket presence.

Forget the wins, compare the rankings. With our 9 wins we're barely sniffing the top 25. 20 years ago 9 wins earned you a top 10 ranking. That's a lot easier to swallow than the big "NR" we keep finishing our seasons with.

Do me a favor....go back and add in the computer rankings and strength of schedule when we were playing in the Big 8 and see how high we rank.... Please do this before bringing that up. We played 9 bowl teams this year (10 actually)..... it used to be NU - OU and the Big 8 stunk to high Heaven...

Let's just keep putting the blame on Taylor... it's easier

How fans can sit and watch Rex Burkhead leave EVERYTHING on the field and contrast that with Martinez who plays with such little sense of urgency and not be a left scratching their heads is beyond me.

I dearly hope T-Mart progresses and proves me and all naysayers wrong. But I just don't see it happening.

Rex makes mistakes as well, and often is not called on them. He misses blocks, he false-starts, he drops passes, he fumbles. Rex lost the Northwestern game for us FAR MORE than Martinez lost this game for us, but there isn't one thread looking to replace Burkhead with one of the three Freshmen.

It's comical how often Rex can screw up and it gets ignored, but Martinez has what was actually a pretty good game, and people want him benched, or they want to see "progress" or whatever the magic phrase is.

Great post. I for one am still on Tmart's side. I have said many times that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and because they are 'opinions' ....none are wrong. That doesn't mean that I can't and won't disagree with opinions.

Taylor has come light years this year. Footwork and motion needs work, yes.... Decision making is 110% better. Everything he does that is good seems to get overlooked. Take a sack instead of throwing ball up for grabs... great if his name is ?? , but since it's Taylor, it was a horrible sack.

10/16 against a tough defense (especially pass eff. def.) with 3-4 drops... ran more explosive than previously when turning corners or designed straight ahead runs.... held onto ball when getting crushed from backside instead of fumbling (more than once).....

** As stated MANY times on the board, Taylor has been told not to take hits because of our lack of depth. This is why he slides, and goes down easy. Furthermore, I would rather him go down easy after a 4 yard gain instead of fighting for 2 more yards and fumbling or getting hurt.

Hell, Ameer fumbled ball that cost us 7 and very POSSIBLY turned the wrong way on the curl costing an interception....taking 3 from us and setting up the hail mary..... If that is the case, Ameer cost us 10 and gave them 7 = 17 pt difference........ BUT, he is still called a "super freshman" that needs to see the field more, and Tmart has only consistantly gotten better and still people are bitching.

I rarely (if ever) call out my "coaching" experience....because I never claim to know more than the next guy, but in this case, it is very apparent that some members are strictly watching the game instead of truly "seeing" it. And, in some cases, the zone read is actually a designed QB keep or give, called in huddle, rather than read. He is not reading the defense 100 % of the time... and yes, sometimes you have to eat the ball to keep the defenses honest.

Enough with the Taylor crap. He is NOT the problem. In fact, without him, we are a LOT worse !!!!!! Mark my words. And no, I am not satisfied with 9 wins and neither is he, but when he comes out and says he would like a NC (not 9 wins)...... he still catches crap...

His motion is ugly and he needs work, but he is pretty stinking good !!! There is a REASON why SC keyed him instead of Burkhead. If you read the papers , listened to the game, coaches and announcers..... they all said Martinez was the KEY.... but, I am sure that some on this board are smarter than not only the NU coaching staff, but also Spurrier. Go figure

for a guy with his speed, you would think TM could roll out of the pocket and buy some time.......he damn sure isn't being coached that way, he mostly drops straight back and seldom steps up......dammit, we need a qb coach!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Chiefs did it this year. And this number is impossible to predict and there is a lot of fabrication by those who don't approve of him as a coach--but I bet this number is a lot lower than you all want to believe.

I wonder what kind of similar analogy Taylor would use to describe his receivers that constantly, and I do mean CONSTANTLY, drop balls that hit them right in the hands.

That is a much bigger problem with regards to the passing game than Taylor's footwork or pocket presence.

First, the receivers have ALL dropped balls. Many have also made some outstanding grabs.

On television lots of throws that a receiver gets his hands on look catchable. You even hear announcers say "He's got to make that catch." Then the announcers see the end zone view and they realize it was a much, much harder catch than it looked from the sideline angle and they tone down the rhetoric.

I only was able to see two games in person (WA and IA). In both games, T-Mart played ok. But, from my end zone seats, it is very apparent how late he is with reads, windows, and deliveries.

In big games, against good teams, those little issues are magnified and become the difference between winning and losing.

Believe me, I would LOVE for T-Mart to take a major step forward, but 2 seasons of game tape don't show it to me. Here's hoping I am wrong.

I would rather have a statue back there that would at least step up to buy a little more time.

Just a thought...does anyone remember how sure handed our receivers were back in the day when Ron Brown coached them? I have never coached receivers, so I am not sure exactly what you can do as a coach to get them to catch the damb ball...I just wonder how much of a part coaching has played in our receiver issues.

The Chiefs did it this year. And this number is impossible to predict and there is a lot of fabrication by those who don't approve of him as a coach--but I bet this number is a lot lower than you all want to believe.

Bringing up the Chiefs to disprove my point, I think, proves my point. haha.

I think it is very hard to state that Bo's teams have been "disciplined", unless of course you think that the ref's flagging them and the resulting yardage penalty results in them being "disciplined."