Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

Jason Peter was an exceptional player for Nebraska in the 90's.

That gives him more credibility than you

Jason Peter has an opinion on something? That's uncommonly rare...

Coming from the guy who hides on a message board and has over 5,300 posts

All enhance is doing is pointing out that it's not that shocking that Jason Peter has a polarizing opinion. It's sort of Jason's MO, sport.

• Fire 1

Hey everybody, the former heroin/cocaine addict thinks that our current coach is embarrassing the program by yelling at the refs too much.

I also like it when fans of other programs come in to tell us about the history and tradition of Nebraska football, and how we're not living up to it. Not pretentious at all...

Hey everybody, the former heroin/cocaine addict thinks that our current coach is embarrassing the program by yelling at the refs too much.

I also like it when fans of other programs come in to tell us about the history and tradition of Nebraska football, and how we're not living up to it. Not pretentious at all...

You're calling other fans pretentious while you completely discount his opinion because he's a former drug addict? Hmm.

• Fire 4

But most are missing the point. It really does not make any difference what we think as a fan base. No one really cares.

If the program nationally is percieved as being run by a man out of control, abusive, irrational to the media and his own fan base that hurts us as a program and will hurt us in recruiting.

I really do not think most want Bo gone, they want Bo to do the job so that the program comes out in the best light.

I am sure there are discussions going on about his actions during this game. Which in my opinion were no where as bad as made out to be. He has made improvement over VaTech and ATM. But anything he does is instant TV material. They follow him like vultures, waiting for the blood to drop. He has to be aware of it.

I do not know if it affects the players, some think it does. Hard to tell with kids. But it is a nationwide opinion and that is the concern I have.

My guess is that we are going to see more of Tom closer to the field for awhile, possibly intercepting things from the press. Bo needs help right now and he needs our support. But he needs to understand that he lives in a glass house/fish bowl. He is good man I think and he will figure this out.

But most are missing the point. It really does not make any difference what we think as a fan base. No one really cares.

If the program nationally is percieved as being run by a man out of control, abusive, irrational to the media and his own fan base that hurts us as a program and will hurt us in recruiting.

I really do not think most want Bo gone, they want Bo to do the job so that the program comes out in the best light.

I am sure there are discussions going on about his actions during this game. Which in my opinion were no where as bad as made out to be. He has made improvement over VaTech and ATM. But anything he does is instant TV material. They follow him like vultures, waiting for the blood to drop. He has to be aware of it

I do not know if it affects the players, some think it does. Hard to tell with kids. But it is a nationwide opinion and that is the concern I have.

My guess is that we are going to see more of Tom closer to the field for awhile, possibly intercepting things from the press. Bo needs help right now and he needs our support. But he needs to understand that he lives in a glass house/fish bowl. He is good man I think and he will figure this out.

-your points are a touch hurt by the fact that two recruits just committed and Peat is looking like he will follow.

Is Jason Peter speaking on behalf of the 2011 husker team? Most of the current players probably don't know who the hell he is. Have any of the players who graduated while Bo was coach ever came out and said anything bad about him? Peter is trying to make a name for himself and be the mouthpiece for the "Bo must go" clan who are descendants of the generation of "fans" who dam near ran Osborne out of town in 1991. Face it, "talk show personalities" have to say controversial things or they become insignificant and they can't deal with that.

If I were the Athletic Director at Nebraska, I'd fire Bo simply because of his sideline antics and post-game comments. He doesn't know how to keep it together. You can't expect a team to play their hearts out for a man with an attitude like Bo.

The game is over. You can stop posting here.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but isn't Jason Peter a drug addict? I regard his opinion about as highly as I regard dirk chatelain.

I'm guessing nobody else has said that because it's an obvious logical fallacy.

Seriously, who +1'ed that post? Wow.

Jason Peter was an exceptional player for Nebraska in the 90's.

That gives him more credibility than you

Well done sir.

---

I'll certainly listen to any former player's comments on the current team/program. I find it interesting the comparisons that are drawn between how things were done in the 90's at the pinnacle of NU football, and how they see things today.

What I won't do is let one former player convince me they know what Bo needs to be doing to win championships.

I firmly believe Bo is a coach that can win championships given time and the support of the program and fan base. I've seen his teams play and compete with the best.

Each former player, media type, and even a fan's "opinion" that means to tear down who Pelini is and what he's doing, only serves one purpose - self importance.

When these opinions reach our current and future players (and they do), their belief in Bo's system is weakened and the naysay prophesies become self-fulfilling.

---

IF you believe a fan base collectively has the power to lift a program to excellence through its support, than you must realize the opposite is true as well.

It's not just money and attendance records, it's all the little positive things fans do that makes Nebraska unique.

What makes us like any other program is the idea that we need to buy our wins with proven coaches who will deliver national championships before the mobs begin to form and the cycle just repeats.

---

I want to see players playing hard...to the best of their ability. I want to see anger and emotion when they lose and humility when they win.

I want to see a coach who is devoted to developing boys into men, graduating student-athletes, and taking players who love to play the game to the apex of the physical abilities.

I want to see a fan base that understands its role in the process, celebrating after wins and supporting the team after losses.

I want these words and their meaning to be understood and renewed with each generation of Husker fans :

"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."

If I were the Athletic Director at Nebraska, I'd fire Bo simply because of his sideline antics and post-game comments. He doesn't know how to keep it together. You can't expect a team to play their hearts out for a man with an attitude like Bo.

No offense but I consider this really funny considering who your coach is. You have the 'mellowed out' version of Steve Spurrier. I remember back in the day when he used to coach for Florida! Oh My Gosh! Spurrier's tantrums are legend! Sorry, I've been around for a bit. I used to laugh my backside off when he would turn into his 'two year old' inner self and throw his tantrums. Throwing his visor down, etc. I wish we would've had YouTube back then! I would've filmed Spurrier and OU"s Barry Switzer! They would just explode and there's Tom O on the Nebraska sidelines-chewing his gum. Not much ruffled that man! But Spurrier was hilarious! While I appreciate your concern, Bo's got nothin' on your coach! (Oh yeah, and by the way: I guess old habits die hard eh? Sorry, no offense, it's just funny to see that the 'old ball coach' hasn't really changed his spots: http://belowthefoldsports.wordpress.com/2011/10/12/wednesday-whine-steve-spurrier-the-idiot/) and here is a statement about other coaches that have their little meltdowns on the sidelines: I notice Bo Pelini's name isn't even on there. Interesting! If you thought Bo threw tantrums this year you probably didn't see the ones he threw when he first got here. He's calmed down quite a bit. Yeah, he's a bit of a hot head but so are a lot of other coaches but you know what? His players LOVE him!

Thought this was amusing:

"

Coach-specific tantrums.

Steve Spurrier throws the visor, Jim Leavitt busts your speakers with a primal bellow, members of Mack Brown's staff wander onto the field in the middle of plays, Nick Saban sinks into a black pit in the ground which immediately erupts in a torrent of lava, Les Miles' hat expands to swallow the stadium, Katamari Darcy-style and one corner of Randy Shannon's mouth twitches, ever so slightly."

Just joshin' ya but I just couldn't help it. Good game and Best Wishes for next year! Hope to be able to play you again.

:)

• Fire 1
But most are missing the point. It really does not make any difference what we think as a fan base. No one really cares. If the program nationally is percieved as being run by a man out of control, abusive, irrational to the media and his own fan base that hurts us as a program and will hurt us in recruiting. I really do not think most want Bo gone, they want Bo to do the job so that the program comes out in the best light. I am sure there are discussions going on about his actions during this game. Which in my opinion were no where as bad as made out to be. He has made improvement over VaTech and ATM. But anything he does is instant TV material. They follow him like vultures, waiting for the blood to drop. He has to be aware of it. I do not know if it affects the players, some think it does. Hard to tell with kids. But it is a nationwide opinion and that is the concern I have. My guess is that we are going to see more of Tom closer to the field for awhile, possibly intercepting things from the press. Bo needs help right now and he needs our support. But he needs to understand that he lives in a glass house/fish bowl. He is good man I think and he will figure this out.

I agree. He really is a gifted coach with regards to defense. However, he's young. I can say that 'cause I'm older than dirt! lol I would love for DR. Tom Osborne to use his psychology degree and help Bo with some anger management. I'm sure he has had some experience with that when he coached his players. Interesting that we didn't see that kind of behavior from Bo when he was coaching defense for us or did we? I can't remember seeing it but then the media didn't have him under a microscope like they do now. I think he's grown signficantly in that department. He just needs some better scripts. Truly. Not a 'coach-speak script, just some ways to describe the information he wants to get across. People have speaking coaches all the time. If Bo was willing, he could make great improvements in this area. He already has the potential. I still remember how humbled and vulnerable he was after the Penn State game this year. It was really impressive. If he could speak with the media and have that demeanor all the time. Oh My Gosh! It would really make a difference. I don't know, we've come so close so many times. We have some missing pieces and maybe, just maybe next year or 2013 (if we keep Bo that long) will be break out years. Once Bo has a few B1G championships under his belt, beats wins some BCS bowls and finally the MNC well, it will be interesting to see how this board will change it's tune. Yep, I'm probably the #1 'Susie Sunshine-Pumper (I think that's what they call it) but I just have this strange feeling that we're going to be big again some day. (I'm only drinking water :) ) Just my opinion. I love our team, I adore our AD-Great guy (couldn't talk him into wearing the coach's hat again could we? Nah, Nancy wouldn't have it! ;) I'm not ready to give up on this team and its coaches yet. GBR!

But most are missing the point. It really does not make any difference what we think as a fan base. No one really cares. If the program nationally is percieved as being run by a man out of control, abusive, irrational to the media and his own fan base that hurts us as a program and will hurt us in recruiting. I really do not think most want Bo gone, they want Bo to do the job so that the program comes out in the best light. I am sure there are discussions going on about his actions during this game. Which in my opinion were no where as bad as made out to be. He has made improvement over VaTech and ATM. But anything he does is instant TV material. They follow him like vultures, waiting for the blood to drop. He has to be aware of it. I do not know if it affects the players, some think it does. Hard to tell with kids. But it is a nationwide opinion and that is the concern I have. My guess is that we are going to see more of Tom closer to the field for awhile, possibly intercepting things from the press. Bo needs help right now and he needs our support. But he needs to understand that he lives in a glass house/fish bowl. He is good man I think and he will figure this out.

I agree. He really is a gifted coach with regards to defense. However, he's young. I can say that 'cause I'm older than dirt! lol I would love for DR. Tom Osborne to use his psychology degree and help Bo with some anger management. I'm sure he has had some experience with that when he coached his players. Interesting that we didn't see that kind of behavior from Bo when he was coaching defense for us or did we? I can't remember seeing it but then the media didn't have him under a microscope like they do now. I think he's grown signficantly in that department. He just needs some better scripts. Truly. Not a 'coach-speak script, just some ways to describe the information he wants to get across. People have speaking coaches all the time. If Bo was willing, he could make great improvements in this area. He already has the potential. I still remember how humbled and vulnerable he was after the Penn State game this year. It was really impressive. If he could speak with the media and have that demeanor all the time. Oh My Gosh! It would really make a difference. I don't know, we've come so close so many times. We have some missing pieces and maybe, just maybe next year or 2013 (if we keep Bo that long) will be break out years. Once Bo has a few B1G championships under his belt, beats wins some BCS bowls and finally the MNC well, it will be interesting to see how this board will change it's tune. Yep, I'm probably the #1 'Susie Sunshine-Pumper (I think that's what they call it) but I just have this strange feeling that we're going to be big again some day. (I'm only drinking water :) ) Just my opinion. I love our team, I adore our AD-Great guy (couldn't talk him into wearing the coach's hat again could we? Nah, Nancy wouldn't have it! ;) I'm not ready to give up on this team and its coaches yet. GBR!

After K-State put a beat down on us, he ran out and ranted and raved at Bill Snyder. I was throughly embarrassed by that as a Husker fan. I bet that was a proud moment for Bill. He never beat NU under TO and on that day the NU DC was screaming at him for running up the score....had to have been a satisfying moment for Bill. Embarrassing for me. I didn't want Bo hired as our HC because of that. He changed my mind in the press conference announcing his hiring though, I was thrilled to have him here. He really impressed me in that presser. He truly seemed to "get" Nebraska. I'm not so certain any more though.

I am sure there are discussions going on about his actions during this game. Which in my opinion were no where as bad as made out to be. He has made improvement over VaTech and ATM. But anything he does is instant TV material. They follow him like vultures, waiting for the blood to drop. He has to be aware of it

-your points are a touch hurt by the fact that two recruits just committed and Peat is looking like he will follow.

You are excited about two 3 star recruits? no offense ot the recruits. Peat is a monster, but nothing is set until signing day.

After K-State put a beat down on us, he ran out and ranted and raved at Bill Snyder. I was throughly embarrassed by that as a Husker fan. I bet that was a proud moment for Bill. He never beat NU under TO and on that day the NU DC was screaming at him for running up the score....had to have been a satisfying moment for Bill. Embarrassing for me. I didn't want Bo hired as our HC because of that. He changed my mind in the press conference announcing his hiring though, I was thrilled to have him here. He really impressed me in that presser. He truly seemed to "get" Nebraska. I'm not so certain any more though.

That's why I said 'or did we' because I couldn't remember but now that you bring it up, yeah that wasn't cool at all. I was impressed with that presser and the presser after the Penn State this year. DId you also see the segment: Welcome to my Office on BTN? I guess he was really good on that show as well (My husband watched it and said that is a side of Bo that most people don't get to see.) I think Bo has the potential to be a great coach but right now he's in a tough spot. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he doesn't delegate very well. He HAS to let go of some things and trust his coaches to do their job, otherwise he will simply burn out.

You are excited about two 3 star recruits? no offense ot the recruits. Peat is a monster, but nothing is set until signing day.

If they play with heart and are teachable you bet! Stars are over rated. Sorry but I've seen 5 star recruits come here and play like crappola. I've also seen walk ons and 2/3 star recruits come here and become stars.

My guess is that we are going to see more of Tom closer to the field for awhile, possibly intercepting

things from the press. Bo needs help right now and he needs our support. But he needs to understand that he lives in a glass house/fish bowl.

He is good man I think and he will figure this out.

They appear to be ranked either 3 or 4 depending who you read. Kind of like a guy who wore 93 for us and was fairly successful.