I wish Callahan was still our HC

WOW!!!!

I now have a reason to visit the BUMP thread tonight. This whole "I honestly can't come up with a verb to describe" thread took me back to a dark place in time, that I thought I finally was getting over. Seriously......I am at a loss. Where's Redtillimdead's latest thread? I need to read something that makes more sense.

And just for the record, whomever back on page 35,932 pointed out(probably the OP) how BC's defense led the nation in sacks and TFL's and what not, that defense was made up primarily of Frank's recruits so there goes that arguement.

+1s for everyone in this thread who contributed to my alcoholism.

HAHAAHA Wow... Are you kidding me?... Lets do some simple math.. We are adding 2500 club seats, and last I checked it was 2500 per/year/seat just to get your foot in the door for the club level (I am sure its more now)... So 2500x2500=$6,250,000.00 in EXTRA income per year, just from the club, plus the income from the sky boxes... On another note, last I heard, the money to pay seven figures was open to Bo on certain DC canidates... You wanna spend fine, but we should make sure to have the cash coming in from as many people as possible, that way we dont get beholden to a few who can then demand changes...

Let's cut through the BS. The point is we pay our coaches poorly compared to other top programs. We aren't even in the top 20 in this. I think this reflects in the quality of coaches we have and can get. I'd like to know why we don't or can't pay more so we are at least in the top 15.

me too.........the child molesters from Penn State just signed the Patriots OC, O'Brien.....now, that's a helluva hire, Belichick's OC going to a scandal racked school? and we hire Beck and JP?? :wtf

Why did you say that? The people involved in that scandal are gone. Good grief.

Yeah, you're probably right. Once you go 3 for 4 NC's, you can reasonably expect that to continue forever. According to your logic, Frank inherited a 9-4 team because that's what they did in 1998. BC is the one who changed the offense and you want to blame Frank for that? BC didn't have any of your so called "luxuries" because he was too busy dismantling anything that resembled Husker football. How is that anyones fault other than his own?

Frank went 10-3 in 2003, Bill came in the very next year and went 5-6 in 2004 and had "improved" by his 4th year to 5-7 in 2007. That's your evidence that BC was a good coach but it was all Frank's fault? :facepalm: Obtuse is saying you want Callahan back as HC even though there is not one shred of evidence that BC did anything except destroy this program. Obtuse is blaming Frank for the 4 horrid years BC was here even though his worst year was his last. Obtuse is saying you want to replace a coach who has gone 9-4 or 10-4 for 4 years with one who never accomplished anything approaching that. Before .756, During .551, After .704. Lather, rinse, repeat. You think the cupboards were bare when BC took over? What did Bo inherit, especially on the defensive side? This is a total waste of time. You're either being obstinate on purpose or it is impossible for a rational thought to enter your mind. You can wish for BC all you want, luckily the rest of Husker nation will never let you realize your dream. If they do, I'll be chanting Go Buffs on Saturday's. You're excused.

You just throwing crap against the wall and putting words in my mouth now.

I never said it was fair to expect NCs at that same pace or at any pace. I pointed out the situations that each coach inherited. Only a fool would try to say that doesn't matter. Your comment about "so called 'luxuries'" makes zero sense. :)

Never said it was FS' fault for BC changing the offense. We knew what we were getting in an offense when BC was hired. You can't expect him to coach something that he doens't know. Would you exptect TO to coach the fun and gun had he gone to Florida after Spurrier?

Didn't blame FS for how well BC did as a coach either...just stated the facts.

what did Bo inherit? Is that a serious question? :) Maybe you should go over the starting D lineups of 08, 09, 10 before go forward on that.

The rest of your reply is just ramblings and rantings.

So, I guess when you want to obfuscate what you said or were intimating, that you just come back and say people were putting words in your mouth and you didn't say certain things.

You said "FS inherited a program coming off of 3 NCs in 4 years...he pissed that away about as fast as humanly possible." What was the purpose if it wasn't to intimate that you expect more or that your man Cally would do better?

My response about "luxuries" was in direct response to your claim that "BC didn't have those luxuries." I can't help it if you can't figure out how my reply applies to your initial statement. It makes perfect sense to me but I'll try to expain it further and slower just for you. If you walk in to a house containing all kinds of luxuries, then burn the house down, it stands to reason that you no longer have said luxuries. Is it the previous owners fault or yours for lighting the fire?

Good luck in life. I know it can be hard but I can't imagine how much harder it must be for you. (BTW- that's not more rambling and ranting. It's an insult) I'm done. No need to kick it to the shed.

He never had a starting QB going into a season that had more than 1 year in his program.

He wanted to fire Coz and bring in a much better DC bout wasn't allowed because we wouldn't spend the money.

2 relevant facts that never get mentioned, but should.

Oh...Pete Carrol was fired as HC of the Patriots. ;)

This is an obvious lie.

If this was really true at Peddy firing + 1 second he would have been gone. Or at least an announcement of his "resignation" at the end of the season. Coz was joined at the hip (or another anatomically close body part) to Billy just as Billy was joined to Peddy

That's right, I said it.

I know it's an old argument, but word from an insider is he wasn't allowed to bring on a new/different DC. Had he been able to I would bet my house on our program being in better shape now.

After 2 seasons in a row now I don't have much optimism about the next season. That never happened w/ BC. What is there to be excited about for next year...or even for the next few years? Who is the QB coming up that will give us hope. I mean...TMart can still improve, but it's hard to get excited about that...and I've been one of his supporters since day 1. BC had his faults, but he was making progress and he brought excellent talent to the program and was improving on his recruiting as years went by. His last full class was really good and the one he had in the works was excellent. If he just could/would have had a chance to revamp the D side and bring in a good DC. I blame his premature/short sighted firing on the many or at least vocal spoiled fans/players/boosters who IMO were close minded and a little too full of themselves. Now it will be virtually impossible to bring any any new HC that is in high demand. It'll have to be a homer or younger guy which will be an attempt at finding/praying for a diamond in the rough/up-n-comer. Us being so rigid and stubborn on our HC conforming to our "Nebraska way"(whatever that is...) and our tightness w/ paying coaches will see to this.

That all said, I guess it's easy to be excited about our young receivers...and hoping TMart works hard this off season and makes some big strides. He was just a sophomore this year afterall...

Cactusboy: You never change.

Are you really a whorn fan?

Yeah, you're probably right. Once you go 3 for 4 NC's, you can reasonably expect that to continue forever. According to your logic, Frank inherited a 9-4 team because that's what they did in 1998. BC is the one who changed the offense and you want to blame Frank for that? BC didn't have any of your so called "luxuries" because he was too busy dismantling anything that resembled Husker football. How is that anyones fault other than his own?

Frank went 10-3 in 2003, Bill came in the very next year and went 5-6 in 2004 and had "improved" by his 4th year to 5-7 in 2007. That's your evidence that BC was a good coach but it was all Frank's fault? :facepalm: Obtuse is saying you want Callahan back as HC even though there is not one shred of evidence that BC did anything except destroy this program. Obtuse is blaming Frank for the 4 horrid years BC was here even though his worst year was his last. Obtuse is saying you want to replace a coach who has gone 9-4 or 10-4 for 4 years with one who never accomplished anything approaching that. Before .756, During .551, After .704. Lather, rinse, repeat. You think the cupboards were bare when BC took over? What did Bo inherit, especially on the defensive side? This is a total waste of time. You're either being obstinate on purpose or it is impossible for a rational thought to enter your mind. You can wish for BC all you want, luckily the rest of Husker nation will never let you realize your dream. If they do, I'll be chanting Go Buffs on Saturday's. You're excused.

I never said it was fair to expect NCs at that same pace or at any pace. I pointed out the situations that each coach inherited. Only a fool would try to say that doesn't matter. Your comment about "so called 'luxuries'" makes zero sense. :)

Never said it was FS' fault for BC changing the offense. We knew what we were getting in an offense when BC was hired. You can't expect him to coach something that he doens't know. Would you exptect TO to coach the fun and gun had he gone to Florida after Spurrier?

what did Bo inherit? Is that a serious question? :) Maybe you should go over the starting D lineups of 08, 09, 10 before go forward on that.

So, I guess when you want to obfuscate what you said or were intimating, that you just come back and say people were putting words in your mouth and you didn't say certain things.

You said "FS inherited a program coming off of 3 NCs in 4 years...he pissed that away about as fast as humanly possible." What was the purpose if it wasn't to intimate that you expect more or that your man Cally would do better?

My response about "luxuries" was in direct response to your claim that "BC didn't have those luxuries." I can't help it if you can't figure out how my reply applies to your initial statement. It makes perfect sense to me but I'll try to expain it further and slower just for you. If you walk in to a house containing all kinds of luxuries, then burn the house down, it stands to reason that you no longer have said luxuries. Is it the previous owners fault or yours for lighting the fire?

Good luck in life. I know it can be hard but I can't imagine how much harder it must be for you. (BTW- that's not more rambling and ranting. It's an insult) I'm done. No need to kick it to the shed.

FS is the one w/ the luxuries of taking over a program coming off 3 NCs in 4 years and simply stepping up from a position w/in the staff...and running the same offense. BC DID NOT HAVE THESE LUXURIES....SO HE CAN'T BURN THEM IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM. That is what I meant by when I said what you were saying made no sense. Good grief...

and yes I expected BC to do better than FS...but not TO w/ his 3 NCs in 4 years. I would have been happy w/ 1 NC in 10 years.

You seem to let your emotions get in the way of your brain...or at least I hope that's true for your sake.

He never had a starting QB going into a season that had more than 1 year in his program.

He wanted to fire Coz and bring in a much better DC bout wasn't allowed because we wouldn't spend the money.

2 relevant facts that never get mentioned, but should.

Oh...Pete Carrol was fired as HC of the Patriots. ;)

This is an obvious lie.

If this was really true at Peddy firing + 1 second he would have been gone. Or at least an announcement of his "resignation" at the end of the season. Coz was joined at the hip (or another anatomically close body part) to Billy just as Billy was joined to Peddy

It must not be possible to pay more for a DC at NU. You think TO would let him pay big bucks for a DC?? What make you think that? Take a look at who we have had since BC was fired. What's obvious is that we do our coaching hires on the cheap no matter who is the AD.

How about

BC as our OC

Bo as our DC

and bring back FS as our Bowden/Paterno type of HC.

:D

I've got a better plan.

We all agree that the Callahan years were not good and never propose his return ever again.

Cactusboy changes his avatar pic for no better reason than it makes me want to vomit. If that's really you, I'm sorry (not sorry I said it but rather sorry that is the case).

Bo stays on as HC and we get off his case for another 2-4 years or at least until there are real serious signs that things are going south in a hurry.

We all send in $10, buy a new site for the Huskerpedia refugees, and the vast majority of them crawl back from whence they came.

Now there's a plan.

2006 was BC's best year here. We were 9-5. We put up gigantic offensive numbers like 10 against USC and 7 against OU. In the time BC was coach, we put most of our points up against teams with a pulse when the game was clearly lost. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was what a BC recruited QB could have done his jr. or sr. year. However, BC could never keep a QB around long enough to get there. Beck bolted. Freeman decommitted. Gabbert decommitted. With another couple of BC coached years, Suh would have been lucky to be a mid-fourth round draft pick. BC was good at getting the talent, but he rarely ever developed it once he got it to Nebraska.

BC had to go the JUCO route because Frank left him the worst QB in modern NU history in Joe "run out of bounds on 4th down" Daily. So Taylor was a two year JUCO and after Freeman screwed BC by going to KSUck, he needed to get another QB and that is why Keller was brought in for one year until Gabbert arrived. Of course Gabbert wouldn't have decommitted if BC wasn't fired and who knows how good he would have been here.

Talk about ramblings and rantings that idiot Clownahan is off screwing up the jets offensive line now. If we are lucky he won't ever fly over the state of Nebraska.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Cactusboy changes his avatar pic for no better reason than it makes me want to vomit. If that's really you, I'm sorry (not sorry I said it but rather sorry that is the case).

You got something against Matt Damon?

No, I actually like most of his movies. Which one is this pic from?

That picture just strikes me as some dufus attempting to act important. Oh.....I think I understand my confusion now. Cactusclown's illogical musings are influencing my perception. Tricky.

HAHAAHA Wow... Are you kidding me?... Lets do some simple math.. We are adding 2500 club seats, and last I checked it was 2500 per/year/seat just to get your foot in the door for the club level (I am sure its more now)... So 2500x2500=$6,250,000.00 in EXTRA income per year, just from the club, plus the income from the sky boxes... On another note, last I heard, the money to pay seven figures was open to Bo on certain DC canidates... You wanna spend fine, but we should make sure to have the cash coming in from as many people as possible, that way we dont get beholden to a few who can then demand changes...

Let's cut through the BS. The point is we pay our coaches poorly compared to other top programs. We aren't even in the top 20 in this. I think this reflects in the quality of coaches we have and can get. I'd like to know why we don't or can't pay more so we are at least in the top 15.

me too.........the child molesters from Penn State just signed the Patriots OC, O'Brien.....now, that's a helluva hire, Belichick's OC going to a scandal racked school? and we hire Beck and JP?? :wtf

Why did you say that? The people involved in that scandal are gone. Good grief.

How can you be so sure?