I wish Callahan was still our HC

This thread makes my head hurt..................I really can't believe someone would want Callahan back after what he did to our program. Take what he did on the field away, wipe it completely away from the discussion. What he did to our program is ridiculous by not allowing former players to stay connected with the program and completely erasing the past from our stadium. He further alienated the fanbase from the program. f#*k Bill Callahan................

What do you think about former players wanting NU to lose games when BC was HC? I think it's safe to say most NU fans wouldn't like it. If you were the HC would you let these type of former players around the program?

As far as I know those former players didn't want him to lose games until it was obvious he needed to go. Furthermore I don't know how well it's documented that former players "wanted" us to lose those games. Is it fact or is it assumption? I'm guessing the latter of the two. It was obvious he needed to go, it's not like former players said from day one, "I hope he loses all of his games!" If you say that's true.................I can't help you, you'll need professional help for that delusional virus.

It's true they wanted us to lose unless Matt Davidson was lying when he said it.

I don't know if players did from day 1. However it's my assumption that some players were not supportive of BC from day one...and that's probably why some weren't welcome or embraced by BC. Unless you can think of a better reason why only SOME players weren't supposedly embraced. The last thing a new HC needs is bitter former players around that don't want that HC to be there. But I know there will always be some NU fans that think they KNOW BC is a bad bad man and he'd just shun former players for no good reason. Even though the only evidence out there shows he was a good good man. It's these type of fans that are a liability to NU.

I don't think he was a bad man and never thought that, I just think he didn't fit in at NU, we got desperate and hired the guy. He had no idea what he was getting himself into, had no idea about our history so you get what you get out of him for the time he was here. I think he's an okay offensive mind, but not a head coach. A few years from now I could say that Bo is an okay defensive mind, but not a head coach. I have no idea, we'll have to see how it plays out. All I know is firing Solich and hiring Callahan drove this program into a pit we can't seem to get out of. That's why I say f#*k Bill Callahan, he added to the demise of Nebraska football.

I will PM you two later. Too tired to run out the whole story. Plus it is past history not real important anymore.

That's not cool! Secrets don't make friends! :lol:

This thread makes my head hurt..................I really can't believe someone would want Callahan back after what he did to our program. Take what he did on the field away, wipe it completely away from the discussion. What he did to our program is ridiculous by not allowing former players to stay connected with the program and completely erasing the past from our stadium. He further alienated the fanbase from the program. f#*k Bill Callahan................

What do you think about former players wanting NU to lose games when BC was HC? I think it's safe to say most NU fans wouldn't like it. If you were the HC would you let these type of former players around the program?

As far as I know those former players didn't want him to lose games until it was obvious he needed to go. Furthermore I don't know how well it's documented that former players "wanted" us to lose those games. Is it fact or is it assumption? I'm guessing the latter of the two. It was obvious he needed to go, it's not like former players said from day one, "I hope he loses all of his games!" If you say that's true.................I can't help you, you'll need professional help for that delusional virus.

It's true they wanted us to lose unless Matt Davidson was lying when he said it.

I don't know if players did from day 1. However it's my assumption that some players were not supportive of BC from day one...and that's probably why some weren't welcome or embraced by BC. Unless you can think of a better reason why only SOME players weren't supposedly embraced. The last thing a new HC needs is bitter former players around that don't want that HC to be there. But I know there will always be some NU fans that think they KNOW BC is a bad bad man and he'd just shun former players for no good reason. Even though the only evidence out there shows he was a good good man. It's these type of fans that are a liability to NU.

I don't think anyone is saying he's a bad man, just that as a head coach he stunk.

T_O_B

G>B>R

"Callahan's tenure as Nebraska's head coach was primarily defined by an emphasis on recruiting (something many Nebraska fans felt was lacking during the previous coach's tenure [5]). For example, with the assistance of his recruiting coordinator John Blake, Nebraska recruited DT Ndamukong Suh (2009 AP Player of the Year, Nagurski Trophy winner, Heisman Trophy finalist, etc.) although Suh later stated that he would "probably be at Oregon State right now" had Callahan not been fired [6]. Callahan's 2005 recruiting class was rated as top-five by Rivals [7] and ESPN analyst Tom Lemming said they were "No. 1, without a doubt." [8].

Despite a 27-22 record, Callahan's tenure is generally considered a failure. He led the Cornhuskers to two losing seasons in four years. He also finished ranked in a major poll only once in four years after the Huskers had only finished unranked once since 1962. He was 1-10 against teams ranked in the Top 25, 27-2 in games in which he led at halftime, 0-17 in games in which he trailed at halftime, 25-21 against Division I opponents, 15-18 against the Big 12, and coached the program to two of its four non-winning seasons in 46 years. Sports Illustrated recently named Callahan as the worst coaching hire of the decade in college football. Exacerbating Cornhusker fans' consternation with Bill Callahan's tenure at the University was his insistence that he had "done an excellent job in every area."[9]"

Sorry Zoogs but a QB obviously needs time to throw and a RB needs holes to run through.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Well, there you go. If its on Wikipedia, it must be true.

Do you see anything in there that is not true?

T_O_B

G>B>R

2006 was BC's best year here. We were 9-5. We put up gigantic offensive numbers like 10 against USC and 7 against OU. In the time BC was coach, we put most of our points up against teams with a pulse when the game was clearly lost. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was what a BC recruited QB could have done his jr. or sr. year. However, BC could never keep a QB around long enough to get there. Beck bolted. Freeman decommitted. Gabbert decommitted. With another couple of BC coached years, Suh would have been lucky to be a mid-fourth round draft pick. BC was good at getting the talent, but he rarely ever developed it once he got it to Nebraska.
DING DING DING. We have a winner. It amazes me when people talk about how good the offense was under BC. It sucked. Oh, against cupcakes, and good teams that had pulled their starters, it could score.
Does it amaze you when people say our D is good under Bo? Should we cherry pick scores of old? BC's offenses didn't do well at times..but other times it did. 200 yard IN THE FIRST HALF vs USC in 07.

Wow, that's funny.

At times, pretty much everything looks good. That was BC's offense. We had an entire season of one of the most dominant defenses I've ever seen in 09. And we decimated some extremely good offenses along the way. This season wasn't anything great, but to compare what Pelini has done on defense to what BC did on offense because of a 200 yard half in which we scored all of ONE TD, is pretty ludicrous. If that your argument, you've just proved mine. Thanks for the help, lol.

I gave only one example, but there are more.

Bo had one year in which our D didn't underachieve overall and that was 09. I give him a pass on 08....10, 11 he doesn't get one. And I'm not saying he's a bad HC...but the jury is clearly out on if he is or will be a good HC.

You gave one? Where? 200 yards and one TD doesn't count as one. Sorry, just being honest and non-biased. There are more? Where, post them. So far we are at 0. And lighting up a scrub defense or a defense that is up by multiple TD's doesn't count. Fire away.

I think the defense was good, not great, but good.

And for the record, I totally agree that the jury is out on if Bo is a good HC. The jury is not out of BC though, he is a HORRIBLE HC. You pointed out earlier that he took over an average team. Really? The season before they won 10 games and lots of players went into the NFL, especially on defense, from BC's early years. Despite that he guided us to a losing season in his first season. Once he "got his players and system" installed (year 4) he guided us to yet ANOTHER losing season, the only 2 we had at NU since the sixties. There are many, many examples of new HC's that are implementing completely different offenses at schools and still have a winning record...Hoke, Meyer, Paul Johnson. Why make excuses for BC? He doesn't deserve it.

Dude ruined my Raiders. Pissed off the players and alienated the fan base. Got fired and ended up in Lincoln and ruined my Huskers and alienated the fan base. I never want to see this guy anywhere around Lincoln or Oakland again. And the fact that anyone would even suggest this is an insult to our entire fan base. Lock this thread please.