Sports Journalism hits a new low.

For the record....our AP writer for Nebraska football along with another OWH reporter are wanting to write a negative story on Bo in the up coming days. I say wanting because they are calling boosters and asking loaded questions that are in a negative slant to serve the purpose of the story. One guy is already stating he was not asked a single positive question about Bo in the 10 minutes he talked to this reporter and he pointed it out to the guy. I can't believe these guys call themselves reporters doing that crap and I wish UNL would set up more Randy York stuff and send it out daily to the news papers to counter act this type of crap. They are being very specific and trying to generate a negative response. As a former journalist, stuff like this pisses me off. These two guys are going out of their way to try and create hate for a public individual that can't even legally protect himself. And they wonder why they get short, sh#t answers when they ask them.

Please remember this when you're reading the "spin" from a couple of guys with no journalistic integrity what so ever.

• Fire 2

The problem is that thousands of people will read it, regardless of what it says, thus justifying it's creation. It's like the movie New Years Day. It's a crap movie with a poor script and handfuls of cliches, but it will make a ton of money because people are willing to watch it.

Another good example is ESPN. ESPN is absolute crap, they sensationalize everything and (imho) is not what news should be. But millions of people sit down and enjoy it because it's what they've been spoon fed and they can't think for themselves. People buy into it even though they shouldn't.

I have seen these crap even from places like Wall Street Journal and NY times. Its sad that media today is entertainment, not information.

Yeah. Its sad. When I wrote I often had an idea where the story would go but I tried hard not to ask leading questions. And there were times because of that I got a totally different story than what I thought I would have. Thats part of the job. Getting as close to the real story. I'm sorry....99% of the time the information isn't all that exciting. When you're either making up stuff or trying to generate stories by compromising your integrity just so you can feel that you've got an exciting job you need to move on.

I'm going to guess the AP writer you mention is Eric Olson. The strange thing is he seemed to have a pretty good relationship with Bo in the past and I had the impression he was considered one of the more unbiased guys. Pelini would often talk pretty freely to Olson at the exclusion of some of the other beat writers. I'm not sure what changed this season, given that Bo has been a bit less testy with the press overall.

It appears this is already on the radar of the USC folks at 1620.

I'm out of their market but I'm sure they'll be anti-bo as well. They've pretty much made their bed with Dirk. Its sad. . they used to be pretty objective. I know they work Sipple over every time he's on the show and defends anything Bo does or calls out his peers for being bias.

For the record....our AP writer for Nebraska football along with another OWH reporter are wanting to write a negative story on Bo in the up coming days. I say wanting because they are calling boosters and asking loaded questions that are in a negative slant to serve the purpose of the story. One guy is already stating he was not asked a single positive question about Bo in the 10 minutes he talked to this reporter and he pointed it out to the guy. I can't believe these guys call themselves reporters doing that crap and I wish UNL would set up more Randy York stuff and send it out daily to the news papers to counter act this type of crap. They are being very specific and trying to generate a negative response. As a former journalist, stuff like this pisses me off. These two guys are going out of their way to try and create hate for a public individual that can't even legally protect himself. And they wonder why they get short, sh#t answers when they ask them.

Please remember this when you're reading the "spin" from a couple of guys with no journalistic integrity what so ever.

Whats your point? The two major papers (well 1.25) should sunshine pump the Program at all costs? Bo has issues, maybe those need to be talked about, the public mind set a little riled up right now, and the OWH is going to feed into that. Both the LJS and OWH have been (rightly) accused of eating out of UNL's hand, maybe the OWH wants to change the status quo a little...

If you are connected as you claim to be, you know the media has sat on at least one story about Bo's behaviour off the field, and ignored the 500 pound gorilla that was Carls home life, that was the worst kept secret in Lancaster county, and not one word from either. In the end people should be able to understand a hit piece, if that is truley what it is. Should the OWH go out of its way to bash Bo, no, but if a negative article can create usefull discussion, then it might not be a bad thing.

• Fire 2

Whats your point? The two major papers (well 1.25) should sunshine pump the Program at all costs? Bo has issues, maybe those need to be talked about, the public mind set a little riled up right now, and the OWH is going to feed into that. Both the LJS and OWH have been (rightly) accused of eating out of UNL's hand, maybe the OWH wants to change the status quo a little...

If you are connected as you claim to be, you know the media has sat on at least one story about Bo's behaviour off the field, and ignored the 500 pound gorilla that was Carls home life, that was the worst kept secret in Lancaster county, and not one word from either. In the end people should be able to understand a hit piece, if that is truley what it is. Should the OWH go out of its way to bash Bo, no, but if a negative article can create usefull discussion, then it might not be a bad thing.

how does a negative article generate useful discussion? that would be a first!