Saban last night

This argument is never going to resolve itself:

The pro-Bo side is going to continually discredit skersfans wife's opinion for numerous reasons, all of which are unfounded some of which are unreasonable. It's her opinion and there are a good number of people in the country who share that opinion with her. They think that he isn't good for the program and that's fine, they can think that.

A lot of what Bo does isn't seen come game day, a lot of what Bo does that is negative or not favorable is force fed to us by ABC/ESPN. We see what they want us to see. We buy into what they want us to buy into. We have no choice but to watch some of the games on ESPN, but that doesn't mean that we as consumers of information can't do a little more outside research about other things than temper-control that Bo does for the University of Nebraska. If you think all he does is what is shown on ESPN, then you're either not seeing the other side of the coin, or you're choosing to be ignorant of the facts.

Bo does more good to this program then the bad which ESPN "force feeds us". Bo could be celebrating his players' accomplishments, but we as TV consumers won't see that. But when he makes frowny faces and gets in the face of a player/ref, you can bet there will be a TV camera on it.

I'll throw out an example. During the Washington game, there was a questionable kick catch interference call on the Washington special teams. The screen ESPN showed was a split of the ref and Bo Pelini. When the call was made, and it was against Washington, their DC went off and I mean went off [i was there, I saw it]. Was going to go back to the dorm room and show his outburst to my friend [i had it recorded], but the cameras didn't show his outburst.

Strange, isn't it?

Exactly what I was trying to get accross. TV watches Bo continously since the situation with VaTech. Most only see that, meaning most other fans, that may not be as dedicated as this group. My wife witnessed the blow up first hand and then saw the ATM fiasco. That was it for her. Her feelings is it is not something you turn off and on. It is a way of life, a response, and she feels the kids see it every day. Her thoughts when asked about it is. That the kids are subjected to his temper on daily basis. Two things can happen, rebellion or ignore it. Some will react the opposites of others. The players develop a fear/or a they develop their own anger with how they are treated. She says they play out of control because their leader is out of control, not focussed on the main job. Because the fear the repercussions from their mistakes, they play slow or have concnetration lapses. Some may rebel, IE in the dog house, never to return. Her thoughts are he runs the program like a Bully, with the kids knowing he controls their future, and keep silent no matter the cost. A lot like a battered wife syndrome I guess.

I hope she is wrong on her thoughts, but it is obvious she is not the only one thinking this way. It is coming up more and more.

None of us know what goes on in the inner circle, and I think Bo keeps a tight lid on any situation that would cause concern. He is that way about pretty much everything it seems.

Because my other half thinks it so, doe not make it true.

But because most of you think it is one way, does not make it ture either.

We know he has anger control issues, we know he has been counciled numerous times on it, these are facts.

And I'm not throwing it out, never have and never will until I can be given irrefutable evidence. But those who use Bo's temper as the reason the players are lacking discipline aren't considering the other side of the coin either. To them, there is no other possibility, they are right and don't even try arguing the flip side.

Do tell me how it would explain the lack of interest in more experienced coaches being brought in.

And established coach would have his own ideas of how to do something, and I feel Bo wants to run the whole thing his way, no changes, no advice. People that are control freaks normally hire within. People who will respond the way he wants them to. A tighter ship so to speak. Seldom go out looking for new ideas or ways of doing some thing. Just a thought.