I'm Finding a New Team to Cheer For

Sorry to see you leave, I understand it can be a little rough around here if you are not following closely in line. I am afraid you will find it hard to stay away, the red creeps in and it never goes away.

Home from work, let the beatings begin.

If your willing to give up your fanhood like that, especially after giving so much of your time and money as you say you have, well then I have to say Goodbye and Good luck.

I don't give a sh#t who likes Bo and who doesn't. I happen to like him, but I do realize he had better learn what being a Head Coach at a program like Nebraska entails. He'll have to learn that a place like Nebraska is not where young coaches learn their jobs to be promoted to other places. Nebraska is where good coaches get promoted to after becoming great at their job in other places.

I've always understood what a bunch of spoiled babies most Nebraska fans are. I've let it bother me a few times and I've dealt with it personally quite a few times. Who gives a sh#t? I know I'm not that way. I know I have realistic expectations. I can sit here and tell you right now that I read the Huskerboard most everyday. I agree with about 5% of the people here on anything. Most of the people here are far far different in the way they view things than me. I just always hope that the one thing we have in common is that we want the best for the Football team the represents the University of Nebraska. As long as we all want to return to greatness, then we can agree to disagree on how to get there.

I'll never turn my back on this program. I'll never turn my back on a player, no matter whether I like the way he plays, or believe he should even be on the field, I will always wish the best for them. I will only support the current coach at Nebraska until he gives me a reason to bail out on them. I'm not a sunshine and rainbows type. I will support Bo until I believe there is no reason to support him anymore. At that point, I could care less where he goes and what he does. Boo hoo for me and you if we don't agree. I am a big boy, I can handle differences in opinions and I actually think it is what makes any discussion more interesting. My favorite sports analysts are Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd so I'd say you know where I stand on opinions.

No matter what you believe or how different it may be, if you believe it, stand by it, represent it, and don't back down from it. People with conviction are honorable, whether they are right or wrong.

Disagree with the bold. Where are your examples that the Nebraska job is for proven commodities?

Bob Devaney? No (4 yrs at Wyoming?)

Tom Osborne? No

Frank Solich? No

Bill Callahan? Sort of

Bo Pelini- well that's redundant because that's who we're talking about.

If BC is your basis for this, then the statement makes me shudder.

If you're going back further in our history, nobody from then is still alive and I wouldn't consider it relevant to the modern era.

Actually, removing BC from the list probably leaves Bo as one of the most experienced we've hired.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

To an outsider or casual Husker fan with no ties to the state or University, I'd imagine Bo is thought of the same way I thought of Bobby Knight when I was growing up.

The wins were pretty nice, but not sure it was worth the extra baggage for Indiana..But to this day, I still want to like him.

The OP may or may not have been serious about having a wandering eye...But you sure learn a lot about people by the way they respond to that post.