I'm Finding a New Team to Cheer For

It has occurred to me that many in this forum may not be able to see the forest for the trees. I live in Colorado and so am able to escape the 24/7 of all things Husker that really dominate discussion in my home state of Nebraska. That is the main, possibly only, reason I frequent this board; to get my fill of Husker football. But I am not buried in it over my head. My point is, I talk a lot of sports, especially college football, with many people and I have only run across one person who has ever commented on Bo's behavior. And this comment was not a criticism or disparaging of Bo or the NU program. It was a K-State fan (a decent one, not the typical) and he thought it was ridiculus the way the TV cameras go out of their way to depict Bo in a bad light. Other than some comments on HB, that is the only mention I have ever heard of Bo's demeanor. Of course I and my local fellow Huskers talk about some of Bo's sideline antics and his facial expressions but I do not get the impression that it bothers or concerns any in my circle. FWIW, that is why I do not hold or understand some of the, what I consider ridiculus, opinions of those who think Bo is out of control and giving the University a black eye. In my book, and apparently everyones that I have personally spoken to, he is simply a passionate, intense coach. I really wouldn't want it any other way.

Bravo, however,apparently we have a lot of Dr.Phil Husker fans that cannot grow a sack and tell other fans to go prime their piss-pumps somewhere else when they try to bait them with the evil- manic Bo talk- of course that's just my "perception" based on a few hours of reading huskers message boards

I'm curious as to why Lando is allowing one person to have so much power over him! Good grief! Bo is not the 'face' of Husker football. I'm sorry but do any of you really picture 'Bo Pelini' when you think of Husker football? I sure as heck don't. When I think of Husker football I see that hit that Stoddard gave an opposing player this year, or David ripping that ball out of the Ohio St. player's hands, or Ron Brown leading the whole field of Husker/Penn State players in prayer before the game or seeing Tom Osborne get doused at the championship game and Jason Peters giving him a huge hug afterward, or Matt Davidson and the 'Miracle in Missouri' or Johnny 'The Jet Rogers' and 'The Run', or the fake play where someone threw the ball to Eric Crouch for a touchdown, or Rex Burkhead beating everyone else, again, and again and again and again, or the Tunnel Walk, or a Sea of Red, or fans clapping for the opposing team win or lose, or hearing the Nebraska fight song or little kids with the 'N' painted on their faces, or the chant of 'Husker-Power' and who can ever think of Nebraska without 'GO BIG RED' echoing in the background? THAT IS THE FACE OF NEBRASKA FOOTBALL!

Icouldn't agree with you more. I also see the same faces at the same tailgate parties every game day year after after year. I see my kids posing for a picture while standing on the "N" on the field the night before a game. I see Brooke Berringer going in when Tommie got hurt and playing like he had been the starter for a couple of years and I see Matt "the Terminator" Thurman coming in for Brooke when he got hurt and beating a good Kansas State team. I see a 65 year old man wearing a Husker jersey looking back at me in the mirror.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I have one question for all that think Bo is a good face for the program.

Why has he changed, why after every blow up, does he seem to calm it down even more?

I have two reasons I think it happens, could be one or both.

He has been counciled that his actions are inappropriate, buy Tom and Pearlman or he has embarassed himself and feels bad about the situation.

If those are the two reasons, and you guys may have more, but if they are it says that it is a problem.

Just want your thoughts, not trying to start world war 9 here.

I was down on the University of Texas campus today. I ran into a coach on that staff. I have known him for a few years. I have decided to become a Full Blown Texas Longhorn as of today. Screw Nebraska. They suck. The reason I am changing sides is because the coach influenced me and actually we are having dinner in Round Rock on Saturday night. So screw all of Nebraskas traditions and you fans that they call great. In fact cell phone flipping and calling Tom to tell him. That is all. Did not need 5 thousand paragraphs to tell you guys that.

I have one question for all that think Bo is a good face for the program.

Why has he changed, why after every blow up, does he seem to calm it down even more?

I have two reasons I think it happens, could be one or both.

He has been counciled that his actions are inappropriate, buy Tom and Pearlman or he has embarassed himself and feels bad about the situation.

If those are the two reasons, and you guys may have more, but if they are it says that it is a problem.

Just want your thoughts, not trying to start world war 9 here.

I don't think it's right for any of us to respond without knowing how your wife feels about this first.

I was down on the University of Texas campus today. I ran into a coach on that staff. I have known him for a few years. I have decided to become a Full Blown Texas Longhorn as of today. Screw Nebraska. They suck. The reason I am changing sides is because the coach influenced me and actually we are having dinner in Round Rock on Saturday night. So screw all of Nebraskas traditions and you fans that they call great. In fact cell phone flipping and calling Tom to tell him. That is all. Did not need 5 thousand paragraphs to tell you guys that.

You missed the boat on this one bub. You can't try to steal someone else's thunder this late in the game.

You're a Husker fan and you know it, Lando. C'mon, bring it in for the hug :) You will always get flak for not being supportive of the current staff or the way things are going, that is just how it is. In 2006, anybody down on Callahan was shooed away.
I guess the sane members of HB had not yet joined...
Haha, no joke, but I was reading an old thread last night and CalifornaiHusker was ripping on Cosgrove, before the start of the '07 season. And folks were jumping in and defending Coz's record with "Top 25 defenses at Wisconsin" or something of the sort - basically making him out to be a negative nelly poo-pooing on the party. It really gives an interesting perspective. I think a lot of times, our reactions to other people's opinions is based hugely on our own desire to remain optimistic - something which may or may not be rooted in reality. Hence, don't jump too much on the naysayers. They might be right, even if you don't agree with the level of anger with which their opinion is expressed.

Hey Zoogies, thanks for revisiting my past posts. You are correct...I did rip Coz regularly...and I think I ripped Callahan for keeping him, and you are also correct for stating that I took a lot of crap for being so adamant in my criticism of the situation. Oh, and I also got ripped for pointing out to those people that I was right about Cosgrove, when our D ended up #114 in the nation...as though that somehow made me less of a Husker fan.

But for those who were not around then and didn't read my posts...I never...NEVER...said I was going to stop cheering for the Huskers. I never said I was going to leave...I wanted Cosgrove to leave...but I was going nowhere. (I know you didn't accuse me of saying I was leaving, but I just don't want anyone thinking I ever said I would leave my beloved Huskers).

As far as now, I am very happy with Bo as our coach. And as JJHusker1 said above, living in a place other than Nebraska, Bo doesn't get nearly as much flak out here. I know that doushe-bag ESPN loves to show him "losing it" on the sidelines, but most people don't really give a crap.

• Fire 1

Actually zoog many called Coz before he ever set foot on the Nebraska soil. Very few were happy with Coz. And there were quite a few that were not happy with Clownahan to start with either. I wanted Solich to stay, but once he left I followed the herd and began to support BC. I felt even at the end if he had gotten rid of Coz he could have saved his job and possilby turned it around.

As to my question, it seems no one has an answer. I suggest you think about that for awhile, as in silence you have pretty much stated you feel there is a problem it seems to me.