Osborne likes traditional uniforms

People on this board seem to forget it's not what the 30 year old in the stand likes, it's about what the 18 year old kid you're trying to covince to come to your school likes. And in the age of "swag" cooler, new-age unis and school gear matter to 18 year olds. Why, because they're 18 year old kids.

Uniforms matter a very small amount. Kids aren't picking Oregon because of their uniforms. They're going to Oregon because they're winning, they have an exciting offense, they get young players on the field immediately, they have a great gameday atmosphere, College Gameday is there about twice a year, they have top-notch facilities, Eugene is a cool town that's an hour from the ocean and 30 minutes from the mountains... The uniforms are a ways down on the list.

I like everyone is saying teams with the best location in the country (and yes I include Oregon on that list of one of the best locations because everything stated above, and I fully believe Nike being right there does more wonders in recruiting than people will give it credit for) as reasons why nice uniforms aren't the reason people go there, Nebraska doesn't have the luxtury of most schools that are being listed do, to just say hey come to Nebraska because who wouldn't want to come live in Nebraska for 5 years over California/Florida or Alabama where home is a 2 hour drive away and not a 6 hour flight. It wouldn't hurt recruiting would it?

• Fire 1

I like everyone is saying teams with the best location in the country (and yes I include Oregon on that list of one of the best locations because everything stated above, and I fully believe Nike being right there does more wonders in recruiting than people will give it credit for) as reasons why nice uniforms aren't the reason people go there, Nebraska doesn't have the luxtury of most schools that are being listed do, to just say hey come to Nebraska because who wouldn't want to come live in Nebraska for 5 years over California/Florida or Alabama where home is a 2 hour drive away and not a 6 hour flight. It wouldn't hurt recruiting would it?

Yeah - it could. Part of Nebraska's appeal is its brand. Changing the "N" on the helmets or the stripes on the jersey affects the brand, the mystique. It takes away part of what makes Nebraska special.

I don't care about the minor changes they make every year, and I don't mind when they do throwbacks once in a while. But too much change from tradition detracts from the pageantry of college football.

• Fire 1

If Nebraska-Oklahoma can lock down the 2020-21 series, I'd like to see both teams wear 50th anniversary throwbacks to honor Game of the Century.

112271.jpg

That's an awesome idea. Imagine how many throwback jerseys they'd sell. I'd like to have one.

Rip on the Army all you want but ASU's are a huge improvement over the old dress greens...same with Multicam over UCP.

As for the corps...way to dress like you're about to go chase down Pancho Villa or something...those collars are sooo late 19th/early 20th century.

You do realize the ACU has a Mandarin collar yes?

Like most big Army procurement programs the ACU/UCP debacle was (and still is) amusing at every level. The bottom line is that UCP was adopted specifically because Army was trying to emulate the USMC. They screwed the pooch because one chair bound general got sold a bill of goods on the "no black in nature...everything has to be GREY" nonsense and lumped it together with "The Marines have the digital pattern so we have to have the digital pattern".

This entire cluster could have been solved a decade ago by going with the All-Over Brush pattern & the desert palette that consistently outperformed everything thrown against it ...including Skorpion/Multicam (gotta love those insane licensing fees though guys!).

As far as "Pancho Villa" goes...this is what Marines were wearing in the field in those days:

chestypullernicaragua19.png

Khakis & campaign covers work for me (needs leggings though).

Bonus points for whoever can identify that young hard charging 1st Lt in the center.

Anyways what's this thread about again?

Oh yeah ....the Nike pro-combat crap forced on the Buckeyes blows.

I'm a fan of traditional uniforms. Sure, they're uncomfortable.

Deltas are uncomfortable?

The Dress Blue jacket really isn't any more uncomfortable than Service Alphas and it's not like you wear it that often....unless you're the boot wearing it out to the mall hoping to impress high school girls. You weren't THAT guy were you?