Huskers v. Hoosiers

NUance

@BTNRickPizzo Rick Pizzo

That wont be the last time Nebraska pulls off an upset at home this season. Huskers are getting healthy and Doc Sadler can coach!

Literally laughed at the second part of the second sentence.. We are getting healthier though

I'll be the first to admit that I had pretty much written off the season after our initial Big Ten showing, and I thought Doc had lost the team. Great to see that he clearly hasn't.

4f17b16ddedc0.image.jpg

Husker men rally to upset No. 11 Indiana

BY BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal Star | Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:45 pm

A Wednesday night crowd of 8,613 at the Devaney Sports Center witnessed the Huskers' first victory against a ranked foe this season, and the seventh in Sadler's tenure.

Nebraska (10-8, 2-5 Big Ten) rallied from a 13-point deficit -- the seventh time under Sadler the Huskers have rallied from a double-digit deficit in the second half -- to hand Indiana (13-4, 3-4) its third straight loss.

Jorge Brian Diaz, playing for a fourth straight game after missing five games with chronic foot pain, calmly sank two free throws with 11 seconds left for the winning points.

LINK

The picture wi the article is a nice little nod to Talley. The guy had a heck of a game. Came through with some clutch plays.

This is a completely different team with Diaz and Talley getting their minutes. I couldnt believe how much of a difference they made against Penn St. but last night, with them getting back to game flow, I was in wow mode. They had a BIG basketball guru on Sports Nightly the other night, and I think he might have even been associated with Ohio St. and said this game could be the biggest trap game of the year for the Buckeyes in trying to keep the guys focused and to get them to understand that this is nowhere near the same team they destroyed a couple weeks ago. Who knows I have this feeling, same as the one I had on the way to the Texas game last year. :koolaid2:

Typical Docsketball. Sneak out a close win over a highly touted opponent once a year, get everyone fired up. Sorry Doc, fool me thrice, shame on you...

2011-12 vs #13 Inidiana

2010-11 vs #12 Texas A&M

2008-09 vs #17 Texas

2007-08 vs #16 Oregon

2010-11 vs #3 Texas

Might be the best of Doc's upset specials. :)

This exact event happens every doc-year... I feel terrific, and there's a sentiment and a number of posts about turning the corner, getting healthy, etc.

With what inevitably comes next (again, from painful experience), I think the bigger issue with these kinds of wins is about the POTENTIAL for support for basketball around these parts... we are a powerful enough university to present extremely well to the television audience (because of multiple conflicts, had to send Mrs. 86 and daughters to game last night - had to watch home game on BTN for first time in a long time) Talking heads cannot be more awed by our facilities upgrades, the scarletts are hot, and the place looks as packed and nuts as any other venue in the country.

"Build it and they will come." ...and I'm talking about the program, not the arena (although that won't hurt.)

imho

@BTNRickPizzo Rick Pizzo

That wont be the last time Nebraska pulls off an upset at home this season. Huskers are getting healthy and Doc Sadler can coach!

Nebraska would be stupid to fire him, he's a good coach. It's the program that sucks. I know it's not popular to say, but I hope he's around for a while.

Note; this will be my first time being truly contrary on HB... but I call 'BS' here. I've been a long time supporter of doc, but have come to the conclusion that "he ain't the guy."

I truly don't believe he coaches an effective offense - and that puts a product on the floor that's just not typically 'fun' for anyone (and with that, all the ramifications for the program...)

@BTNRickPizzo Rick Pizzo

Nebraska would be stupid to fire him, he's a good coach. It's the program that sucks. I know it's not popular to say, but I hope he's around for a while.

I agree with you The Dude. And it's not just teh warm afterglow of the Hoosier upset speaking. I felt that way before last night. It's doubtful that we would attract anyone better to take over if we fired Doc.