Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

It really doesn't matter the quality of the players if it takes them 2+ years to see the field and actually play at a "knowledgeable" level ie Cassidy/O'Hanlon. This is not a knock on them, but even Bo stated they are starting because they "know" the system and can be the field general.

I really think that Bo needs to "dumb" down the system on both sides of the ball and get the guys he recruited on the field sooner than later. For example, we run like a million different looks on O, but I have no idea what the he$$ we run well. We need to find an identity ASAP (on O) and get very, very good at a few things that the current kids can execute in their sleep regardless what the opposing D throws at them.

Same with the D. Look at what Bo accomplished in 2003 w/out his recruits. +23 TO margin (led nation), 32 INT's (record) 40+ take aways (record). He did this with a D he had just inherited, with guys he didn't recruit. I would like to see this simplified, ball hawking D come back.

It really doesn't matter the quality of the players if it takes them 2+ years to see the field and actually play at a "knowledgeable" level ie Cassidy/O'Hanlon. This is not a knock on them, but even Bo stated they are starting because they "know" the system and can be the field general.

I really think that Bo needs to "dumb" down the system on both sides of the ball and get the guys he recruited on the field sooner than later. For example, we run like a million different looks on O, but I have no idea what the he$$ we run well. We need to find an identity ASAP (on O) and get very, very good at a few things that the current kids can execute in their sleep regardless what the opposing D throws at them.

Same with the D. Look at what Bo accomplished in 2003 w/out his recruits. +23 TO margin (led nation), 32 INT's (record) 40+ take aways (record). He did this with a D he had just inherited, with guys he didn't recruit. I would like to see this simplified, ball hawking D come back.

Well said..........

Too much emphasis placed on "stars". How do you "star" heart and the good old-fashioned "want to" ?

You have watched this team recently correct? I've seen less heart this year than i've ever seen under a BP coached squad. The team when down this year reminded me of a BC coached team and it was beyond pathetic in my opinion. There were a few players with heart but a majority of the team just gave up. You're right though, you can't star heart because quite a few times we'd have been -3 stars in heart.

George Darlington might have been an a-hole and he might have had an issue or two with wanting to bench some NFL talent but he was a damn gifted guy when it came to teaching the DBs to make reads. A lot of the ball hawk was already in thonse guys. They were smart and very gifted and that allowed Bo to teach his defense well. Sanders was good at making football fun. I think that's something we need to remember at times. Football is fun.

George Darlington might have been an a-hole and he might have had an issue or two with wanting to bench some NFL talent but he was a damn gifted guy when it came to teaching the DBs to make reads. A lot of the ball hawk was already in thonse guys. They were smart and very gifted and that allowed Bo to teach his defense well. Sanders was good at making football fun. I think that's something we need to remember at times. Football is fun.

do you think Bo could make football fun?

he did his first two years before all the assbag fans and some boosters wanted him to change. I don't think Bo had very much fun last year. I hope he is able to brush off the douches in the media and just get back to being with his guys.
  • Fire 1

he did his first two years before all the assbag fans and some boosters wanted him to change. I don't think Bo had very much fun last year. I hope he is able to brush off the douches in the media and just get back to being with his guys.

After the A&M game things did seem to change. I don't remember the first 2 yrs Bo being or appearing to be "so against the fans".

I want 2003/2008/2009 Bo back.

After the A&M game things did seem to change. I don't remember the first 2 yrs Bo being or appearing to be "so against the fans".

I want 2003/2008/2009 Bo back.

I agree with both of you.

So let me get this straight, because he lost his kool and the fans, Pearlman and Tom reacted, he does not have the ability to coach his players because he is mad at the fans, or afraid of the fans. He no longer sees it necessary to motivate his players, because he is afraid he will lose control and get in trouble again. Sounds like he needs a new job to me.

I sincerely doubt that is the reason, but it makes as much sense. We do not have the talent to do what he wants to do, for whatever reason. Is he able to recruit it and coach it is the question. I think he has the ability, if the talent and intelligence is there. But again we are not getting the kids that are ready to play as a freshman, not the top kids in their positions by ranking. It is a vicious circle it seems.

So let me get this straight, because he lost his kool and the fans, Pearlman and Tom reacted, he does not have the ability to coach his players because he is mad at the fans, or afraid of the fans. He no longer sees it necessary to motivate his players, because he is afraid he will lose control and get in trouble again. Sounds like he needs a new job to me.

I sincerely doubt that is the reason, but it makes as much sense. We do not have the talent to do what he wants to do, for whatever reason. Is he able to recruit it and coach it is the question. I think he has the ability, if the talent and intelligence is there. But again we are not getting the kids that are ready to play as a freshman, not the top kids in their positions by ranking. It is a vicious circle it seems.

so, to some degree, it goes back to recruiting.....Corey Raymond said so.......

I don't think it has hurt his ability to coach or motivate, BUT it might make him act different. The game also might not be as "fun" now and he feels it is more like a "job" than something he enjoys everyday.

It is sad that the cameras spend as much time on Bo after a bad call/play as they do the play itself. That has got to be in the back of his mind and would probably effect anyone that is in te public eye that much.

I don't think it has hurt his ability to coach or motivate, BUT it might make him act different. The game also might not be as "fun" now and he feels it is more like a "job" than something he enjoys everyday.

It is sad that the cameras spend as much time on Bo after a bad call/play as they do the play itself. That has got to be in the back of his mind and would probably effect anyone that is in te public eye that much.

Yeah, I'm sure it does. Over the course of the last year and a half, Bo has been working a lot with TO trying to keep his fire under control, and IMO, that has hurt the effectiveness of his coaching style.

Truly, you believe that Huskershark. I just do not get it. Do you think he has change during the week, that he coaches differently. I just do not see that. I see him being more in control, which was needed, but I doubt seriously it affects his style of coaching daily. I hope that is not the situation, as it would mean he will not be as affective as he could be.

I think it affects him on game day a little, but not to great of an extent by any means. Anger management does not normally change a persons life, it just corrects the problems. I do not think Bo's problems go towards his team, my wife does, but we are talking only minutes of a coaches real job which is normally 24/7 with the kids.

I hope you and da skers are wrong on this, as it would have way more negative affect than what I was thinking.