Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

Hard to believe but Sipple had an entire column on Eric Strickland lobbying for the Head Job of Nebraska basketball today..................(evidently based on Hoibergs success at Iowa St).................

While I'd like to see Strick involved in the program in SOME facet, I don't think I'd go so far as to push him (with NO coaching experience) for Head Coach.

Additionally, these continuing articles almost make it seem like it's a done deal that Doc is history..................and while I hope that is true, it will be a cold slap of reality if T.O. decides to keep him on.............

I really don't think TO can keep him at this point unless he wins out. You think Devaney is empty now? Wait until the entire fanbase is monumentally disappointed with the announcement that Doc is returning. I mean hell, even our "impressive" win over Illinois was clearly due more to a team that has quit on their coach more than Doc suddenly figuring out how to coach.

I'll admit, Sipple's article scared the bejesus out of me, because Tom is just incompetent enough as an AD to think Strickland as HC is a good idea. Hell he's already done it once with our baseball team. I mean, god forbid we hire someone who never played or coached at NU!?!?!?!!?!

Greg Marshall intrigues me. I've got to admit, Butler's coach doesn't. I know what he did with them, and i was as impressed as anyone, but he runs a slow it down, lull the other team to sleep kind of approach that I really don't want to see any more of. I would think a dynamic offensive attack in the Big Ten could make some real noise.

So you are going to judge a new coaching staff by the first 3 games? What if the 9th inning meltdowns did not occur and we hung on for wins? Would Erstad be an early success? Fool...

No, I'm judging the fact that Tom hired a head coach who had no real coaching experience by the fact that he hired a head coach with no real coaching experience.

For Pete's sake, can we please stop the Brad Stevens talk?! The guy has already turned down programs better than Nebraska: Clemson, Wake, Maryland, Oregon and rumored he would not take the aTm job. Oregon has the facilities and MORE money than NU to offer. Plus, HIS AD IS BARRY COLLIER! No way in HELL would he have his coach leave for NU. Collier's also on record saying it will take a program capable of back-to-back-to-back NC's to even interest Stevens.

If any outsider wanted to know the biggest problem with Nebraska basketball, the last three posts are compelling examples.

Re-read the post bro. Said it would never happen. Just stated that Smith isn't close to the best the state has to offer on the high school level.

And not a single crap was given today.

The simple fact that people are discussing High school coaches as even playtime coaches is so sad it

makes me want to hit myself in the groin to see if I still feel.

Go to any other message board in the Big Ten, like say Illinois, where they want their coach gone and see how many people want a high school coach there.

It's small time crap like this that plagues Nebraska. Always has.

If any outsider wanted to know the biggest problem with Nebraska basketball, the last three posts are compelling examples.

Re-read the post bro. Said it would never happen. Just stated that Smith isn't close to the best the state has to offer on the high school level.

And not a single crap was given today.

The simple fact that people are discussing High school coaches as even playtime coaches is so sad it

makes me want to hit myself in the groin to see if I still feel.

Go to any other message board in the Big Ten, like say Illinois, where they want their coach gone and see how many people want a high school coach there.

It's small time crap like this that plagues Nebraska. Always has.

Call it curiosity killed the cat, but who would you suggest as a possible replacement then???

One of the guys on my intramural team tonight went like 2 for 30 shooting and had probably at least 15 turnovers and is the worst defender I have ever seen, but he came into halftime telling us all about what strategy we should use to win the game, so he must know everything about basketball. Let's hire him.

:sarcasm

One of the guys on my intramural team tonight went like 2 for 30 shooting and had probably at least 15 turnovers and is the worst defender I have ever seen, but he came into halftime telling us all about what strategy we should use to win the game, so he must know everything about basketball. Let's hire him.

:sarcasm

LMFAO, I know a few of those types as well!!

I think Marshall would be a very good possibility. Marshall, Brad Stevens and Pastner would be the guys on my short list.

Marshall should be TOs first call. He is proven and plays a really fun style.

Stevens would be awesome. I still think he ends up some where bigger.

Pastner is going to be a Big East coach at a great program. No chance there.

Brad Stevens comes off to me as someone that would like to go to a bigger conference but would be willing to coach somewhere he could become the standard. Enter Nebraska! I think this would be a huge get!

He knows the recruiting landscape and we could sell him on the new facilities!

This is a huge pipedream and wrong in alot of ways. Stevens does not at all come off as someone that would like to go anywhere. He has been at Butler since 2001. He had become one of the biggest names out there and turned down a number a schools that have great arenas, facilites, money and history. He turned down no less than 6 good to great college jobs that were publically known to have great interest in him to sign an extinsion at Butler through 2022. He is not going to take one of the worst, if not the worst, BCS conference coaching jobs in the country.