Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

What about KU assistant Danny Manning? KU head coach Bill Self is a relatively young guy, and probably will be at KU for a long, long time, so there's not sense in Manning waiting around to take over at KU. Manning has proven over the past couple of years that he can develop talent. He's take Thomas Robinson from a player who averaged 14 minutes per game last year sitting behind the Morris twins to a legitmate player of the year candidate this season. I'm not sure how good of a recruiter Manning is, but it has to be better than Doc.

Honestly, I don't know if he'd be interested, but if I'm T.O., I'm making a phone call to Lawrence.

Manning would be an awesome get. He seems like a very loyal guy but I like your point about Self still being a younger guy. I'm not sure he'd come here though.

Wichita State owns Creighton today. Gregg Marshall is going to be a hotter commodity then I thought by season's end. He makes $900K right now with a $300K buyout. Offer him $1.5 million with incentives to make up to $2 million based on performance. If we want to be a basketball school, it's time we start spending like it. Please don't tell me we don't have the money or Doc's buyout will be too costly to offer someone this. We've got plenty of football money to spend on this until the basketball program can be profitable. Get R done.

We've got plenty of football money to spend on this until the basketball program can be profitable. Get R done.

I don't know about that. We've got two athletic construction projects going on right now, we're in the year after having to pay off the Big XII's $8 million, and it's a few years before we're fully vested in the Big 10 (as the conference withholds money until we've paid whatever the negotiated 'share' price is).

I'm not saying we're destitute, or even close to it, but I don't think we're nearly as flush with cash as people like to think.

I'll give you the East stadium project, but the arena really isn't "NU's project" since we are a tenant in a lease agreement (I believe it's around 1 million/year). In reality is the city's project. The biggest money sink by far is the East stadium expansion which I thought was going to be paid for by donations? I'm not for sure what we do with all of our profit, but I thought it was used to support the other programs instead of being used to finance projects. When you are going to be making at least 10 million more a year in a few years with tv deals and added revenue in 2013 with the stadium expansion and the arena (it will sell out and generate a good profit because it's new regardless of how bad the team is) a few million is not a concern. Think about this:

Volleyball in Devaney=self-sufficient and capable of actually adding money to the pot

Baseball (if we return to our early 2000 days)=self-sufficient and also capable of adding money to the pot

Men's Basketball (first year or two and on if successful)+Women's Basketball=self-sufficient and will add money to the pot

We have been pretty good in gymnastics, wresting, and track but have they attracted crowds to sustain themselves, doubtful

So what is the total revenue for the athletic department in 2013? I have no clue

The budget for the 2011 year was 80 million for the athletic department and considering it sustains itself im guessing that is equivalent to revenue. In 2013, I wouldn't be surprised to see it swell to nearly 100 million. Also I'm not for sure if it happens every year but in 2004-2005 fiscal year, the athletic department was doing well enough to give 10.7 million dollars to the University. The point is if you don't think the athletic department has enough money to pay doc 3.4 million to hit the road and another 1.5-2 million to acquire a new coach then well, I dont know what to say.

• Fire 1

Wichita State owns Creighton today. Gregg Marshall is going to be a hotter commodity then I thought by season's end. He makes $900K right now with a $300K buyout. Offer him $1.5 million with incentives to make up to $2 million based on performance. If we want to be a basketball school, it's time we start spending like it. Please don't tell me we don't have the money or Doc's buyout will be too costly to offer someone this. We've got plenty of football money to spend on this until the basketball program can be profitable. Get R done.

This is who I think is a possibility. He destroyed us in the NIT last year. Suppossedly, T.O. was at the Creighton/Wichita St game last week. He is a proven winner and recruiter and they will be close to 30 wins this year. Knows the midwest and the market. His stock is definitely rising. Git R Done T.O..................