Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

I kind of wish we had a former standout player that got into the coaching ring. Seeing a guy like Eric Piatkowski down there would be great. I know he doesn't have any coaching experience but Fred Hoiberg seems to be doing awfully good for ISU this year. His first year of coaching was last year, HC or otherwise. That's not to say that it would be the same for Pike but I think that he'd get a warm reception from the fanbase. I'm not sure we can take that risk with two sports, however.

I heard that Strickland was angling for some sort of positon on the staff....................

He said as much on 1620 a week or so ago. Might as well try it.

I almost didn't click this topic because it's such a stupid time to have this discussion, but I decided I'd at least look to see who you wanted... and then you don't even say eyeswear2allthatsholy

EDIT: If you do finally reveal your choice, I suggest it not be Pearl or Bob because that will make you look even dumber

Why do so many people on this board feel so superior because they have 1,000 posts and apparently know everything about everything.

Make me look even dumber? Come on man. Either join in on the convo or do what your conscious said and not even look.

With that said I think he has done a respectable job with the talent he has had. But we definetly have to get better talent in here. I'm fine with giving him a few years in the BIG and with the facilities we will have but we got to make some strides which I haven't really seen any consistent improvements the last 3-4 years.

I didn't even look at how many posts you've made when I commented, and frankly I didn't know how many I had until I looked because you said something (FWIW I thought you were way off saying 1,000, apparently I spend more time here than I thought).

The reason I wrote what I did is because I believe it to be true, not because you have 10 posts. When you wrote this, we were only half way through the conference schedule, trending up with an easier remaining schedule. Nebrasketball only gives you small windows of time to discuss potential positives so it seemed like a poor time to choose coaching changes as a discussion. Secondly, you say you have these great ideas for coaches, but then don't name them. What's the point of a convo where we all say 'I think my guy would come and turn things around' but never give a name. Seems pretty ridiculous to me. Since you wouldn't name him, I assumed you were another guy that was gonna say Bob Knight or Bruce Pearl - there are a lot of guys on here who seem to think that is possible and fankly I'm tired of reading that line over and over again. Anyone who thinks Tom Osborne would hire Bob Knight or Bruce Pearl clearly is not thinking straight. I apologize if I offended you, but rest assured, it had nothing to do with your number of posts.

Jay Stedman. Was a graduate Assistant under Danny Nee. He went to Lincoln southeast highschool. So he knows the talent around the Nebraska area. He could really pull in some fine players from the Sutton, North platte area. Plus with his southeast ties, We would not be losing recruits to Kansas and Texas from the lincoln area.

no offense, but I'm not sure we want recruits from that area, or much of any of Nebraska for that matter. With the exception of Gessel maybe. We need a coach that can go to the prep schools in the Northeast and bring home a solid recruit. It is sad that Doc has to go overseas to get any recruits, and they haven't turned out well for that matter either. We need athletes. Guys who know how to score. It makes me sick when I see Div 2 highlights with athletic guys going up and throwing it down. When is the last time we had a rim rocking blow the roof off dunk? Its sad that our 5'9 point guard is the most likely to dunk on the team.

Jay Stedman. Was a graduate Assistant under Danny Nee. He went to Lincoln southeast highschool. So he knows the talent around the Nebraska area. He could really pull in some fine players from the Sutton, North platte area. Plus with his southeast ties, We would not be losing recruits to Kansas and Texas from the lincoln area.

no offense, but I'm not sure we want recruits from that area, or much of any of Nebraska for that matter. With the exception of Gessel maybe. We need a coach that can go to the prep schools in the Northeast and bring home a solid recruit. It is sad that Doc has to go overseas to get any recruits, and they haven't turned out well for that matter either. We need athletes. Guys who know how to score. It makes me sick when I see Div 2 highlights with athletic guys going up and throwing it down. When is the last time we had a rim rocking blow the roof off dunk? Its sad that our 5'9 point guard is the most likely to dunk on the team.

Am I missing something?

Caleb Walker, game before last.

• Fire 1

Caleb Walker, game before last.

Bo Spencer would have had one last night too, if he hadn't been fouled.

Your telling me this team couldn't use Eikmeier's range? Or Greg Smith as a rotation big man?

Nebraska had better be going after Akoy Agua out of Central with all they have.

I agree that you wont get many stars out of Nebraska, but there is legit D-1 talent in the state every year to fill out the roster.

Your telling me this team couldn't use Eikmeier's range? Or Greg Smith as a rotation big man?

I agree that you wont get many stars out of Nebraska, but there is legit D-1 talent in the state every year to fill out the roster.

Id almost take Omaha Centrals 7-man rotation over Nebraska current line-up. Anyone who says there is no instate talent needs to go watch Omaha Central play.

The fact that a D-1 school with guards that go 6-4; 6-5; (and even 6-6 when Toney plays guard) even has this discussion on DUNKS tells us all we need to know about the state of this program..........

All the in-state talent goes to the Jays duh................

I think this year's recruiting class (2013) will be more of a determinant than this season. The practice facilities have been built, they need to generate excitement going into the new arena. If they can't do it winning they have to do it with star power. Doc needs to get a bunch of very high profile impact recruits to visit and verbal. If he can ink some stars that will save him. Bottom line it has to start there to compete in the B1G. He's got one of the best facilities in the nation so he isn't handicapped anymore. He has to demonstrate that he can recruit top talent with these new facilities. Big names will get more butts in the seat sooner rather than later. I think he only has this one class to prove it.

All the in-state talent goes to the Jays duh................

Colorado State has more scholarship Nebraska kids than CU does.