Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

Easy answer: Brad Stevens

Because our last Butler adventure worked so well. ;)

There was a whisper last season that he wants a B1G job. Still a pretty big long shot though.

Did Barry Collier make it to the national championship two times while at Butler?

No way we get him, Im just saying if we fire Doc and don't even interview or try and interview this guy, then something is wrong.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Nebraska tries to lure McDermott away from Creighton.

The Butler thing was more of a joke, Stevens would be a ridiculously good get.

McDermott wouldn't take it either. I get the feeling he really didn't enjoy time at ISU. I don't think he is looking to jump back to a power conference anytime soon.

And Doug is there for two more years after this season. I don't think he will leave while his son is still on the team.

The Butler thing was more of a joke, Stevens would be a ridiculously good get.

McDermott wouldn't take it either. I get the feeling he really didn't enjoy time at ISU. I don't think he is looking to jump back to a power conference anytime soon.

Exactly.........

I kind of wish we had a former standout player that got into the coaching ring. Seeing a guy like Eric Piatkowski down there would be great. I know he doesn't have any coaching experience but Fred Hoiberg seems to be doing awfully good for ISU this year. His first year of coaching was last year, HC or otherwise. That's not to say that it would be the same for Pike but I think that he'd get a warm reception from the fanbase. I'm not sure we can take that risk with two sports, however.

According to Doc last night on his radio show.........................it's Doc !!

He stated that T.O. unequivically has/will support him 100% and has given him everything he has asked for/needs to be sucessful.

With the extension, he has 5 years remaining on his contract.

Now, he MAY be whistling past the graveyard, but he talked and sounded as if any coaching change discussion was moot.

For whatever it's worth.................

Ugh...how much $$$ does NU really need to squander on contract extentions? What a dumb practice.

I kind of wish we had a former standout player that got into the coaching ring. Seeing a guy like Eric Piatkowski down there would be great. I know he doesn't have any coaching experience but Fred Hoiberg seems to be doing awfully good for ISU this year. His first year of coaching was last year, HC or otherwise. That's not to say that it would be the same for Pike but I think that he'd get a warm reception from the fanbase. I'm not sure we can take that risk with two sports, however.

I heard that Strickland was angling for some sort of positon on the staff....................

I heard that Strickland was angling for some sort of positon on the staff....................

That wouldn't be a bad thing. Start him out as an assitant...groom him. I was at a game a couple years ago where Strickland was honored at the half. Before he got off the mic he told the crowd to get behind Doc Sadler. I wonder if that was a bit of brown nosing.

That wouldn't be a bad thing. Start him out as an assitant...groom him. I was at a game a couple years ago where Strickland was honored at the half. Before he got off the mic he told the crowd to get behind Doc Sadler. I wonder if that was a bit of brown nosing.

It happened again at the last home game.....................Strick gave a pregame speech...............

Jay Stedman. Was a graduate Assistant under Danny Nee. He went to Lincoln southeast highschool. So he knows the talent around the Nebraska area. He could really pull in some fine players from the Sutton, North platte area. Plus with his southeast ties, We would not be losing recruits to Kansas and Texas from the lincoln area.