Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

According to Doc last night on his radio show.........................it's Doc !!

He stated that T.O. unequivically has/will support him 100% and has given him everything he has asked for/needs to be sucessful.

With the extension, he has 5 years remaining on his contract.

Now, he MAY be whistling past the graveyard, but he talked and sounded as if any coaching change discussion was moot.

For whatever it's worth.................

I am really torn on this topic. Part of me wants a new coach in to open the new arena and bring some much needed excitement to the program. Now if you do this you can go a couple of ways 1) you can go after an up and coming energetic assistant coach or 2) you can go after a mid major successful coach. We have tried the second option recently with not much success. So then that brings me back to the other part of me that thinks we may just be ok with Doc and giving him some more time as coaching changes can be tough on a program. The biggest issue is we really need to improve recruiting. They were discussing the top players from Nebraska over the last decade or two on the radio the other day and almost nobody was brought up that Doc brought in. There is not much question we need to improve the caliber of player we are bringing into this program. We have the facilities either done or on their way to get some great talent. If we cannot get them now there are no excuses other than the coach. We will know very soon.

im in the minority it seems. i think doc is a pretty good coach. i know we all want a winning team but thats just not going to happen any time soon. I think doc needs some help recruiting and maybe the arena will help that. but i just dont see a new coach changing anything... the better question is who WOULD coach here? or who COULD we get? i dont know if we can find much right now better than doc.... im not saying he is the ceiling of coaching at neb. but i just dont see a good or great coach coming to nebraska... we will have to get lucky and find a needle in the haystack vanhorn type to build this program up... and who know maybe doc can get some relevance for the program

I almost didn't click this topic because it's such a stupid time to have this discussion, but I decided I'd at least look to see who you wanted... and then you don't even say eyeswear2allthatsholy

EDIT: If you do finally reveal your choice, I suggest it not be Pearl or Bob because that will make you look even dumber

Why do so many people on this board feel so superior because they have 1,000 posts and apparently know everything about everything.

Make me look even dumber? Come on man. Either join in on the convo or do what your conscious said and not even look.

With that said I think he has done a respectable job with the talent he has had. But we definetly have to get better talent in here. I'm fine with giving him a few years in the BIG and with the facilities we will have but we got to make some strides which I haven't really seen any consistent improvements the last 3-4 years.

• Fire 1

I've thought this all along but never really said, and now with winning 3 of 5 I say everyone needs to calm a little and wait and see how the rest of this season plays out now that literally the toughest schedule stretch in the nation is over and we're playing teams closer to if not at our level. You never know, we could end this year on a hot streak yet.

I almost didn't click this topic because it's such a stupid time to have this discussion, but I decided I'd at least look to see who you wanted... and then you don't even say eyeswear2allthatsholy

EDIT: If you do finally reveal your choice, I suggest it not be Pearl or Bob because that will make you look even dumber

Why do so many people on this board feel so superior because they have 1,000 posts and apparently know everything about everything.

Make me look even dumber? Come on man. Either join in on the convo or do what your conscious said and not even look.

With that said I think he has done a respectable job with the talent he has had. But we definetly have to get better talent in here. I'm fine with giving him a few years in the BIG and with the facilities we will have but we got to make some strides which I haven't really seen any consistent improvements the last 3-4 years.

I think that we saw last year, this team is a lot better when Almeida is on the court. Hopefully he can get healthy for next year and be a powerhouse in the paint next year.

im in the minority it seems. i think doc is a pretty good coach. i know we all want a winning team but thats just not going to happen any time soon. I think doc needs some help recruiting and maybe the arena will help that. but i just dont see a new coach changing anything... the better question is who WOULD coach here? or who COULD we get? i dont know if we can find much right now better than doc.... im not saying he is the ceiling of coaching at neb. but i just dont see a good or great coach coming to nebraska... we will have to get lucky and find a needle in the haystack vanhorn type to build this program up... and who know maybe doc can get some relevance for the program

No disrespect............but I just can't understand this type of thinking.............eh....."who would come to Nebraska"...........??

I would phrase it another way........

Who (but an elite established few) WOULDN'T jump at the chance to build your own history at $1 million per year; the BEST practice facitlity in the country; a brand new state-of-the-art arena; and a passionate fan base just salivating to get behind a winner. Talk about a blank slate and unlimited opportunity................!!

• Fire 3

I like your optimism Comish. Very true. I am not one to think NU basketball is going to be competing for National Championships. I do think we can be in the running for Conference Championships and make a run in the dance every 4 or 5 years though. If we could just start with our first NCAA tourney win I would be pretty happy in fact! I would say we have the resources in place in terms of facilities to do so. We just need the talent.