Who should the next Nebrasketball coach be?

GWH

Jay Stedman. Was a graduate Assistant under Danny Nee. He went to Lincoln southeast highschool. So he knows the talent around the Nebraska area. He could really pull in some fine players from the Sutton, North platte area. Plus with his southeast ties, We would not be losing recruits to Kansas and Texas from the lincoln area.

no offense, but I'm not sure we want recruits from that area, or much of any of Nebraska for that matter. With the exception of Gessel maybe. We need a coach that can go to the prep schools in the Northeast and bring home a solid recruit. It is sad that Doc has to go overseas to get any recruits, and they haven't turned out well for that matter either. We need athletes. Guys who know how to score. It makes me sick when I see Div 2 highlights with athletic guys going up and throwing it down. When is the last time we had a rim rocking blow the roof off dunk? Its sad that our 5'9 point guard is the most likely to dunk on the team.

Am I missing something?

No? Spencer is the best dunker on the team without a doubt, he just never gets a chance to show it. Watch him in pregame warm ups sometimes, he jumps through the roof.

About the kids from Central, I agree they have some studs. It would be nice if they had some competition on a somewhat regular basis.

There are some very good programs around Omaha/Lincoln. Bellevue West is usually a team that produces D1 talent. Doug Woodard is an excellent coach. Westside produced some D1 talent while I was there. Burke usually has a player or two. Omaha North and Papio-La Vista also. I don't know much about the Lincoln teams, but there are some quality Omaha programs that produce D1 talent.

Doc needs to get Nebraska's name out there on a bunch of 5 star recruits lists to visit the best facilities in America. He could email CD's & videos of cuts by of the half dozen TV play by play guys that have gushed about our facilities. Because like all sales you got to have leads, leads leads and get your product in front of them.

I'd actually o for Dana Altman once Oregon runs him out. He actually recruited and signed Omaha HS talent.

And yes I'd be all for getting Strickland on the bench some how. Hell he was a player development or in a scouting role in the NBA, think he may know a thing or two about reconizing talent

I found it hard to believe that Dana Altman, was never given a chance by Neb. If you think Oregon is dumping him any time soon, your wrong. Oregon is in the top half of the Pac 12, and came into Tucson and beat the Wildcats, went home and beat both SoCal teams. We knew he was good with the Blue Jays, and now he is provening that he can coach with the big boys. Should get invite to the big dance. Tied for 2nd in Pac.

GBR!!!

Danny Nee is available, I think. :thumbs

Anyway, I like NU hardcourt will be totally disbanded and then replace with Huskers ice hockey.

I played basketball in YMCA league (past history) but watching basketball events? .......mostly boring. Equal to curling fans.

Pet peeve: I can't stand dozens of buzzer sounds, mostly three minutes to go. Myself, annoyance bigtime. And way too many timeouts. Finally I prefer players replacements rules on the fly with no interruptions (buzzer thing) ..... same thing as ice hockey rules.

Phil Jackson

We can't afford that man.

I don't think Doc will be fired after this season. I think if he is, its unfair. I know basketball is basketball and the game doesn't change. But the competition does. Media (Sipple) needs to realize we are in a much more competitive conference Men's basketball wise than the Big 12. Don't get me wrong, Big 12 is talented, but not as much as the Big Ten. First year in the new conference too? We have never been outstanding with Men's basketball, why should we expect a better team in a better conference in the first year?

Now i think if Doc can't get the team to improve next season, then he needs to be booted. But for now, we just have to dredge through the mud and work our way up on the shoulder's of Doc Sadler, but if he can't get us to a level of competition in the Big Ten? It's time to find someone who can.

• Fire 1

About the kids from Central, I agree they have some studs. It would be nice if they had some competition on a somewhat regular basis.

Agree, my son attends Central and is their top swimmer. Their problem is the AD. He is an idiot and needs to retire. The basketball team had a chance to participate in a tournament in St. Louis, they were all set to go and found out the AD forgot to place them.

Phil Jackson

I don't think Doc will be fired after this season. I think if he is, its unfair. I know basketball is basketball and the game doesn't change. But the competition does. Media (Sipple) needs to realize we are in a much more competitive conference Men's basketball wise than the Big 12. Don't get me wrong, Big 12 is talented, but not as much as the Big Ten. First year in the new conference too? We have never been outstanding with Men's basketball, why should we expect a better team in a better conference in the first year?

Now i think if Doc can't get the team to improve next season, then he needs to be booted. But for now, we just have to dredge through the mud and work our way up on the shoulder's of Doc Sadler, but if he can't get us to a level of competition in the Big Ten? It's time to find someone who can.

You can't just consider the coaching aspect of it anymore. You HAVE to consider fan support. Yesterday was a must win game against a very beatable opponent. The kind of game that should have a rockin, packed house. Instead it was 6,600 people that appeared to be ready for their Sunday naps - including me. You simply can't keep a guy if attendance drops like that, cause guess what, those people won't be coming back next year if Doc is still here.

Phil Jackson

You can't just consider the coaching aspect of it anymore. You HAVE to consider fan support. Yesterday was a must win game against a very beatable opponent. The kind of game that should have a rockin, packed house. Instead it was 6,600 people that appeared to be ready for their Sunday naps - including me. You simply can't keep a guy if attendance drops like that, cause guess what, those people won't be coming back next year if Doc is still here.

Yesterday is kinda an unfair justification of the attendance issue. With that storm Saturday you knew the turnout was going to be crappy. Prepping for Super Bowl parties also probably played into it.

HOWEVER, there have been plenty of other games where the attendance was pathetic for poor reasons.

Also the product reflects attendance too. As you said games can start out rocking, but Doc's offensive philosophy can bring on the nap no matter the opponent.

Phil Jackson

Yesterday is kinda an unfair justification of the attendance issue. With that storm Saturday you knew the turnout was going to be crappy. Prepping for Super Bowl parties also probably played into it.

HOWEVER, there have been plenty of other games where the attendance was pathetic for poor reasons.

Also the product reflects attendance too. As you said games can start out rocking, but Doc's offensive philosophy can bring on the nap no matter the opponent.

Maybe (if we keep Doc) Pinnacle can re-sell naming rights to the arena to Sominex............

Jay Stedman. Was a graduate Assistant under Danny Nee. He went to Lincoln southeast highschool. So he knows the talent around the Nebraska area. He could really pull in some fine players from the Sutton, North platte area. Plus with his southeast ties, We would not be losing recruits to Kansas and Texas from the lincoln area.

no offense, but I'm not sure we want recruits from that area, or much of any of Nebraska for that matter. With the exception of Gessel maybe. We need a coach that can go to the prep schools in the Northeast and bring home a solid recruit. It is sad that Doc has to go overseas to get any recruits, and they haven't turned out well for that matter either. We need athletes. Guys who know how to score. It makes me sick when I see Div 2 highlights with athletic guys going up and throwing it down. When is the last time we had a rim rocking blow the roof off dunk? Its sad that our 5'9 point guard is the most likely to dunk on the team.

Am I missing something?

No? Spencer is the best dunker on the team without a doubt, he just never gets a chance to show it. Watch him in pregame warm ups sometimes, he jumps through the roof.

And you think Bo Spencer is 5'9" for what reason then?