DT Toby Johnson *

Nexus

Probably has something to do with him not qualifying.

Not sayin you are wrong about him qualifiying. How does a guy fo JUCO for 2 years and not be able to qualify? Just how sloppy does he have to be with his school work? Is there no tutors available at his JUCO? I took a few courses at Iowa Western over a summer, it was so easy. I don't see how anyone puting in the effort couldn't do well.

Not sayin you are wrong about him qualifiying. How does a guy fo JUCO for 2 years and not be able to qualify? Just how sloppy does he have to be with his school work? Is there no tutors available at his JUCO? I took a few courses at Iowa Western over a summer, it was so easy. I don't see how anyone putting in the effort couldn't do well.

I think I found your problem right there.

Not sayin you are wrong about him qualifiying. How does a guy fo JUCO for 2 years and not be able to qualify? Just how sloppy does he have to be with his school work? Is there no tutors available at his JUCO? I took a few courses at Iowa Western over a summer, it was so easy. I don't see how anyone putting in the effort couldn't do well.

I think I found your problem right there.

Very well could be. The 40/60/80 rule has caught quite a few people as well, myself included. Between possibly changing majors, no idea where he would transfer to(so no way to take classes you know would fit), and UNL being a bit stingy with accepting transfer credits there may be a little more to it than "he was lazy".

Could have to finish the spring semester to qualify somewhere then?

Probably and then some. In my head it looks like this...

Since he won't qualify and no one will use a scholarship on someone that is ineligible he has to figure out what school he wants to go to. Then he can work out a plan with some JUCO that deals with that school. Go to that JUCO on his own dime while using his redshirt year and get/keep his head on straight. It is certainly possible to make up that many credits in a year with Spring, Summer, Fall, and possibly a winter session along with distance courses. Unfortunately not all schools accept distance courses AND it requires a lot of work in a major he may not like. I believe Sociology was the most "flexible" last time I looked. Does he care about his major, who knows? Regardless, he is going to feel like he is ice skating up hill for quite a while.

I hope he can accomplish getting into a D1 program. Football may be a very large part of this young man's life but I guarantee he would look back on overcoming this with much more pride than anything he will ever do on a football field. Overcoming challenges like these define the man you will be for the rest of your life.

• Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...