S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

Contacting recruits like that is technically a secondary violation of recruiting rules.

...and losing a contact lens on the sidewalk is "technically" littering. Never saw a ticket for this.

As long as a person isn't giving information for money, party, girls, etc. And the recruit does not say that said "Facebook" poster was the reason for his commitment because of "infractions" this is not a problem.

We are not as important as we like to think we are....

Edit: not necessarily directed at you, Huskergeorge. More to the people that hyperventilate every time someone mentions they contacted a recruit to say "Welcome, hi, how ya doing..." on social media.

Contacting recruits like that is technically a secondary violation of recruiting rules.

...and losing a contact lens on the sidewalk is "technically" littering. Never saw a ticket for this.

As long as a person isn't giving information for money, party, girls, etc. And the recruit does not say that said "Facebook" poster was the reason for his commitment because of "infractions" this is not a problem.

Edit: not necessarily directed at you, Huskergeorge. More to the people that hyperventilate every time someone mentions they contacted a recruit to say "Welcome, hi, how ya doing..." on social media.

Littering and college football recruiting! The similarities are endless!

Oh an we are all exactly as important as we think we are! Especially me. I'm kind of big deal! ;)

• Fire 1

Oh an we are all exactly as important as we think we are! Especially me. I'm kind of big deal! ;)

Not sure of your mindset while typing this response, but we are either laughing at the absurdity of the violation together, OR my post was directed at you...

You miss the point completely.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Say the NCAA cracked down on this suddenly and began to penalize for fans reaching out and contacting recruits. Who gets penalized? Does the school get in trouble for something they have absolutely no control over? Does the kid get in trouble when, again, they had no control over it? I hate this rule, it really doesn't make any sense. Now an argument could be made that it is borderline stalker when you are reaching out to these kids, but it should not be an NCAA violation.

Sorry for the rant...back to McWilson. He will be :bigredn:.....I'm 75% sure of it.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Say the NCAA cracked down on this suddenly and began to penalize for fans reaching out and contacting recruits. Who gets penalized?

If they were to truly enforce it, there would not be a team in the entire NCAA that should go unpunished. But with the love-fest over the SEC, they would probably walk free.