S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

I like our chances here. We have more to offer from a tradition, academic and facility standpoint. We also offer more of a competitive situation in our league. It's more fun to win than lose all the time. Plus there are great opportunities for playing time after this year in the defensive backfield especially at CB. Plus he could always be a slot WR if he doesn't want to play D.

So, just a thought. If the rumors are true about the offer being pulled for Dominic Walker because he wanted to "look around". Do we think Bo pulled Marcus's offer and if he didn't, why not?

I'm not gonna pretend to know what Bo or the aforementioned recruits are thinking in this situation and how it got to this point. Having said that, my best guess is if you look at Walker's recruiting history, he was a Vandy commit when he visited Nebraska. Long story short, the Vandy staff was pissed that he visited NU while still committed to Vandy. Shortly after the visit, he decommitted from Vandy, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vandy pulled his offer first? Just a guess though? So in Walker's case we have precedence. He basically did to Nebraska what he did to Vandy before them. He went against two different coaching staff's wishes and visited other schools as a committed prospect.

McWilson on the other hand has only been committed to Nebraska this whole time. His situation is different because of Marrow. It's been mentioned in this thread that recruiting is all about relationships. Hence the reason why we're in limbo with his recruitment at the moment. Quite a different scenario than Walker's recruitment.

• Fire 3
I like our chances here. We have more to offer from a tradition, academic and facility standpoint. We also offer more of a competitive situation in our league. It's more fun to win than lose all the time. Plus there are great opportunities for playing time after this year in the defensive backfield especially at CB. Plus he could always be a slot WR if he doesn't want to play D.

This guy will be a safety only.

He would be playing for better program here, no doubt. We always say the kid should commit to what the school has to offer. tradition, academics, playing time. Seems that he is committed more to V Marrow , than any school. jmo

GBR!!!

being committed to a coach that recruited you is fine I guess. The only thing I question about that is that Vince will not be his position coach at Kentucky. He will not be spending much time with Vince.

So, just a thought. If the rumors are true about the offer being pulled for Dominic Walker because he wanted to "look around". Do we think Bo pulled Marcus's offer and if he didn't, why not?

I'm not gonna pretend to know what Bo or the aforementioned recruits are thinking in this situation and how it got to this point. Having said that, my best guess is if you look at Walker's recruiting history, he was a Vandy commit when he visited Nebraska. Long story short, the Vandy staff was pissed that he visited NU while still committed to Vandy. Shortly after the visit, he decommitted from Vandy, but I wouldn't be surprised if Vandy pulled his offer first? Just a guess though? So in Walker's case we have precedence. He basically did to Nebraska what he did to Vandy before them. He went against two different coaching staff's wishes and visited other schools as a committed prospect.

McWilson on the other hand has only been committed to Nebraska this whole time. His situation is different because of Marrow. It's been mentioned in this thread that recruiting is all about relationships. Hence the reason why we're in limbo with his recruitment at the moment. Quite a different scenario than Walker's recruitment.

Makes sense