S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

Here we go with the Bo sucks bullsh#t. Randy Gregory, Adam Taylor, Terrel Newby, Maliek Collins and the rest of this top 15 class say hi.

I don't fault the kid for following the coach he built a relationship with. Good luck Marcus.

Will it remain top 15 with the loss of McWilson and Walker?

Yes. Scout and Rivals both. 21 on 247

Tschu, couldnt agree more (+1). Hating an 18 year old kid is pretty lame. Hating a guy doing his job, also lame. We should ahve never let Marrow go.

p.s., alos got to love people who call other people names because they cant handle the truth. Grow up!

Oh, did somebody get their feelings hurt? Btw, he didnt call you a name, he just said you are full of sh#t which i agree with. You have no idea what is going on and you just love waiting to bash Bo whenever you get a chance. Sounds to me like you are calling Bo names with your definition.

• Fire 1

THis isnt the kids fault or even Marrows fault. THis is our won coaches fault, plain and simple. You want to be mad? Be mad at our coaches who couldnt hang on to a recruit after they commited here a year ago. Losing a kid to UK should put a huge spotlight on our coaches recruiting. Also pretty obvious we should have kept Marrow and fired Barney. Just another example of Pelinis ego coming back to haunt him.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

THis isnt the kids fault or even Marrows fault. THis is our won coaches fault, plain and simple. You want to be mad? Be mad at our coaches who couldnt hang on to a recruit after they commited here a year ago. Losing a kid to UK should put a huge spotlight on our coaches recruiting. Also pretty obvious we should have kept Marrow and fired Barney. Just another example of Pelinis ego coming back to haunt him.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

So far, Fowler, Q, and i all agree.

Here we go with the Bo sucks bullsh#t. Randy Gregory, Adam Taylor, Terrel Newby, Maliek Collins and the rest of this top 15 class say hi.

I don't fault the kid for following the coach he built a relationship with. Good luck Marcus.

Will it remain top 15 with the loss of McWilson and Walker?

Yes. Scout and Rivals both. 21 on 247

We are #14 in rivals prior to McWilson leaving it looks like we will drop. Also dropped to 16 on scout so we will not stay in the top 15.

• Fire 1

It wasn't Bo's fault, it wasn't Marrow's fault, it wasn't the kid's fault. It's a confluence of all of these things, really.

At the end of the day, Bo is responsible for everything and the decision was made by the staff to have Marrow be the chief recruiter. The decision was also made to not offer him a full-time job. The decision was made by Marrow to accept a job elsewhere, and being a good recruiter who had developed relationships with some kids, he used those relationships to do his job.

Now you can fault Bo for putting this egg in a basket that was being carried by a Grad Assistant, but this is a lot of factors combining in a perfect storm that results in a decommitment of an important recruit. There's no need to play the blame game, plenty of blame is there to go around. Could it have been avoided? Yes. Will we move on and be fine? I guess. But to spend this much time and energy on a recruit and have him gone right before signing day is pretty awful. Coaches have to be kicking themselves.

Also want to add that going to Kentucky can't possibly be a good choice, but it just shows how important building relationships with kids is for recruiting.