Jesus and abortion

Redblooded wrote:

Really? who exactly do you think conquered those northern barbarian hordes in Germania back in the day? It wasn't Muslims out there conquring them and sending missionary's to teach them "gods" word while hijacking their pagan festivals, or all around Nebraska we'd be speaking arabic. Hitler was a "skeptical catholic" technically according to the web. As a baptised catholic and christian church raised kid that sounds pretty christian to me (I won't even bother naming my ancestry, if you know nebraska past the 1850s you know that already), and while Jew hatred might not be en-vogue now with us guilty conscience'd gentiles it was pretty okay back in the day until then. Hell have you people never had a racist older relative?

Religion is a device to subjugate the masses. Nothing more. Don't get me wrong, the teachings of the bible are good overall if not taken too literally... I mean we shouldn't be stoning people to death like it's John Cleese night outside of Memorial stadium during the fall if they blaspheme as someone fumbles. After all the bible is just a collection of stories that date back WAY beyond the supposed years of Christ which were retold generation after generation to get people to not kill or steal from eachother. Somewhere someone figured out they could make money off of that from kings that wanted people to behave as their subjects in the name of the lord. then it turned into the sleaziest business in the world. At least prostitues can shower and control themselves around children.

However, It's the whole interpreted will of a supposed 'diety' so a bunch of people can try to impose their will on others in the name of 'god' (who doesn't exist) I have the biggest problem with.

also,

P.S. thanks for the amusing reading. P.P.S. Marry, Mary, Maury. Two are fictional and all three would've been on talk shows taking lie detectors and paternity tests in the 20th century.

What are you talking about? The Romans conquered Germania but they were far from Christians until Constantine. Hitler was a Christian "technically" Good one, the ole tie nazis to the target to get the evil inference, real original thinking!!

I love that bold line, you really did hit your head didn't. Now two out of those three are fictional yet all three would be on a talk show. You have fictional characters on talk shows taking lie detector and paternity tests, who else shows up in your little head? Keep bashing the Christians though, its all you got!! eyeswear2allthatsholy

That's just a crazy analysis. Any time you use the word Nazi people think of evil in such a grand scale. When did you see such carnage based on Christ. I know you guys just love the Crusades, get over that, that was in the middle ages. People and faith ahv echanged ove rthe years. :dis
Your argument is "who cares it happened a long time ago?" Do you think that faith has changed for the better over the years? As in . . . the further we get from the time of Christ walking the earth the better Christians have behaved? Weak.

I am saying you guys harp back to the same old line when you can't think of anyhting else to say. I will say that this site only reinforces my faith in what the bible says. In the end days very few will be believers and they will be mocked and ridiculed. As was stated earlier less and less people in the world are believers which follows the bibles story line, you are just helping out in your own little way Carlfense, thanks! :thumbs

Seriously I imagine you hit your head on the door before you open it to leave your own bedroom every morning. Confirm or Deny? Also ponder this quote, from a not as well known greek figure as Plato, So-crates

, and Aristotle. 300 years before god was even born.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

(helping or hurting your faith?, is there a deadline like jan2013 when the rapture doesn't come or is it open ended? should we have been stocking up on nike cross trainers and investing in cyanide laced kool-aid?)

Enjoy your rightiousness hanging out with the self fulfilling prophecy by church sponsored psychics of the "very few believers." They could have had a good career setting odds in vegas.

Not really much to say your ramblings sound as if you've had too much to drink go sleep it off and come back when you are ready to say something of substance!! chuckleshuffle

Translation: " I can't argue any of your excellent points so you must be drunk"

I see you went to the same party. His excellent point was the cute little door thingy or the Bill and ted little clip!! WOW, great points, really had to think hard for those ones. I suppose if I put a dumb and dumber clip for you guys that would be excellent points, huh? So what you're saying is that I have a chance. :rollin

Muslims yes, iraqis, no. they were almost all saudi. No one is saying there aren't muslim extremists and terrorism in the world. My point is that there is far more christian extremism and terrorism than there will ever be of all other religions combined.

What? Can you support the bold? I doubt it.

I guess it depends how you define terrorism.

Which act of state terrorism killed the most people in a civilian airliner?

I'll wait for him to support his assertions. I guess you could do that for him if you agree with his argument.

I don't think your question is particularly relevant. He said "more . . . than there will ever be of all other religions combined." No matter how horrific, any single bad act will be statistically inconsequential.

Wouldn't both the Catholic and Protestant sides of 'the Troubles' in Ireland count as Christian terrorists? 3,524 were killed as a result of their conflicts, and 1,857 were civilians (all per Wikipedia).

And both Christianity and Islam have their idiots--for every King Richard, there's an Al Muhallab bin Abi Suffrah (IIRC, led the Moorish invasion of Europe). For every David Koresh, Timothy McVeigh, or the IRA, there's an Osama bin Laden or Al Queda.

The long view of all of this is that religion (en masse), in the right hands, is a tool capable of immense destruction and perversion, just as it can be used as a tool for good works and inspiration.

But this is nothing new nor groundbreaking for most of the folks posting here.

Muslims yes, iraqis, no. they were almost all saudi. No one is saying there aren't muslim extremists and terrorism in the world. My point is that there is far more christian extremism and terrorism than there will ever be of all other religions combined.

What? Can you support the bold? I doubt it.

I guess it depends how you define terrorism.

Which act of state terrorism killed the most people in a civilian airliner?

I'll wait for him to support his assertions. I guess you could do that for him if you agree with his argument.

I don't think your question is particularly relevant. He said "more . . . than there will ever be of all other religions combined." No matter how horrific, any single bad act will be statistically inconsequential.

Wouldn't both the Catholic and Protestant sides of 'the Troubles' in Ireland count as Christian terrorists? 3,524 were killed as a result of their conflicts, and 1,857 were civilians (all per Wikipedia).

And both Christianity and Islam have their idiots--for every King Richard, there's an Al Muhallab bin Abi Suffrah (IIRC, led the Moorish invasion of Europe). For every David Koresh, Timothy McVeigh, or the IRA, there's an Osama bin Laden or Al Queda.

The long view of all of this is that religion (en masse), in the right hands, is a tool capable of immense destruction and perversion, just as it can be used as a tool for good works and inspiration.

But this is nothing new nor groundbreaking for most of the folks posting here.

+1

Redblooded wrote:

Really? who exactly do you think conquered those northern barbarian hordes in Germania back in the day? It wasn't Muslims out there conquring them and sending missionary's to teach them "gods" word while hijacking their pagan festivals, or all around Nebraska we'd be speaking arabic. Hitler was a "skeptical catholic" technically according to the web. As a baptised catholic and christian church raised kid that sounds pretty christian to me (I won't even bother naming my ancestry, if you know nebraska past the 1850s you know that already), and while Jew hatred might not be en-vogue now with us guilty conscience'd gentiles it was pretty okay back in the day until then. Hell have you people never had a racist older relative?

Religion is a device to subjugate the masses. Nothing more. Don't get me wrong, the teachings of the bible are good overall if not taken too literally... I mean we shouldn't be stoning people to death like it's John Cleese night outside of Memorial stadium during the fall if they blaspheme as someone fumbles. After all the bible is just a collection of stories that date back WAY beyond the supposed years of Christ which were retold generation after generation to get people to not kill or steal from eachother. Somewhere someone figured out they could make money off of that from kings that wanted people to behave as their subjects in the name of the lord. then it turned into the sleaziest business in the world. At least prostitues can shower and control themselves around children.

However, It's the whole interpreted will of a supposed 'diety' so a bunch of people can try to impose their will on others in the name of 'god' (who doesn't exist) I have the biggest problem with.

also,

P.S. thanks for the amusing reading. P.P.S. Marry, Mary, Maury. Two are fictional and all three would've been on talk shows taking lie detectors and paternity tests in the 20th century.

What are you talking about? The Romans conquered Germania but they were far from Christians until Constantine. Hitler was a Christian "technically" Good one, the ole tie nazis to the target to get the evil inference, real original thinking!!

I love that bold line, you really did hit your head didn't. Now two out of those three are fictional yet all three would be on a talk show. You have fictional characters on talk shows taking lie detector and paternity tests, who else shows up in your little head? Keep bashing the Christians though, its all you got!! eyeswear2allthatsholy

That wasn't a case of godwin's law. Nazi's were christians... as distasteful as that might be to you. Christianity had spread from Rome and the Byzantine empire across europe for nearly 2000 years by then. But by all means, lets pretend that every christian atrocity carried out in 'gods' name by humans I brought up is moot. Because god is omnipotent enough to realize it doesn't actually matter if genocide and other incredibly horrible atrocities happen and not premtively strike down those that might kill millons of people, or develop weapons that can send entire continents cowering faster then the actual "hand of god".

Redblooded wrote:

also,

That wasn't a case of godwin's law. Nazi's were christians... as distasteful as that might be to you. Christianity had spread from Rome and the Byzantine empire across europe for nearly 2000 years by then. But by all means, lets pretend that every christian atrocity carried out in 'gods' name by humans I brought up is moot. Because god is omnipotent enough to realize it doesn't actually matter if genocide and other incredibly horrible atrocities happen and not premtively strike down those that might kill millons of people, or develop weapons that can send entire continents cowering faster then the actual "hand of god".

Good analogy I am sure Hitler prayed to God every time he started up the gas chambers. Please Lord let them start so I can murder thousands today. The Nazi thing doesn't fly, at least Carl made some sense when talking about the Crusades or the Salem with hunts where Christians used their religion to persecute others. Hitler, from what I have read, never followed any Christian beliefs when he was the dictator of Germany. He just ahted the jews and believed they were the reason for all the ills in Germany at the time. :bad

redblooded and 2ndNnine- You guys need to get a clue. If I used your logic, I could link every single person on this planet to some group, race, religion, nationality that had harmed other people. Blanket blame of any group or religion for the misdeeds of people within those groups or religions is just asinine. Your rationale in a nutshell; All white Americans are bad because of what they did to the Indians or because of slavery. All Germans are bad because of what Hitler did. All Japanese are bad because of Pearl Harbor and WWII. All Christians and Catholics are bad because of the crusades and some pedophile priests. All Muslims are bad because of 911 and other terror activities. Chinese are bad because of Tianamen square. Blacks are bad because of OJ or some rioting. Italians are bad because of the mafia. this list can go on all day long.

Your blaming entire groups associated with any of these because of the actions of some within those groups is just simple-minded prejudice.

Good analogy I am sure Hitler prayed to God every time he started up the gas chambers. Please Lord let them start so I can murder thousands today. The Nazi thing doesn't fly, at least Carl made some sense when talking about the Crusades or the Salem with hunts where Christians used their religion to persecute others. Hitler, from what I have read, never followed any Christian beliefs when he was the dictator of Germany. He just ahted the jews and believed they were the reason for all the ills in Germany at the time. :bad

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." - Adolf Hitler

Read the other quotes, and check the sources, if you would like. Some are directly from Mein Kampf. http://nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.

-Hitler

redblooded and 2ndNnine- You guys need to get a clue. If I used your logic, I could link every single person on this planet to some group, race, religion, nationality that had harmed other people. Blanket blame of any group or religion for the misdeeds of people within those groups or religions is just asinine. Your rationale in a nutshell; All white Americans are bad because of what they did to the Indians or because of slavery. All Germans are bad because of what Hitler did. All Japanese are bad because of Pearl Harbor and WWII. All Christians and Catholics are bad because of the crusades and some pedophile priests. All Muslims are bad because of 911 and other terror activities. Chinese are bad because of Tianamen square. Blacks are bad because of OJ or some rioting. Italians are bad because of the mafia. this list can go on all day long.

Your blaming entire groups associated with any of these because of the actions of some within those groups is just simple-minded prejudice.

Wait what? is that not what we are prentending not to do at airports now to "randomly" inspect them more if they are a nationality we might associate with terrorism?

But yes, we are all bad because we have done that, racial profling. We are the people that contine to endorse these policies, and we are as bad if not worse then our forefathers for doing so since WE SHOULD f'ing KNOW BETTER. And every idiot that votes in fear for politicians that support things like the patriot act is eroding EVERYONE'S actual liberties. Which mean's freedom for the two of you that don't actually own a dictionary.

Wait what? is that not what we are prentending not to do at airports now to "randomly" inspect them more if they are a nationality we might associate with terrorism?

But yes, we are all bad because we have done that, racial profling. We are the people that contine to endorse these policies, and we are as bad if not worse then our forefathers for doing so since WE SHOULD f'ing KNOW BETTER. And every idiot that votes in fear for politicians that support things like the patriot act is eroding EVERYONE'S actual liberties. Which mean's freedom for the two of you that don't actually own a dictionary.

You are sooo smart, how did you get so smart and not only are you smart you are soo condescending to other peoples' points of view. I love how smart you sound then use trashy talk like the bold word, that really makes you sound smart. Hey, I got an idea let's look for fifteen year old swedish girls because they call our country the great satan and try to kill any American they can. And I forgot they flew planes into the twin towers yelling Allahu akbar. So let's look out for them.

The only thing you got right is that we need to revolk the partriot act. It is bad legislation, you get an A for that thought. Why don't you go buy a dictionary and look up humility, and then start to practice that. I am sure you would get a better response to your blatantly self serving, egotistical posts. :nutz

You are sooo smart, how did you get so smart and not only are you smart you are soo condescending to other peoples' points of view. I love how smart you sound then use trashy talk like the bold word, that really makes you sound smart. Hey, I got an idea let's look for fifteen year old swedish girls because they call our country the great satan and try to kill any American they can. And I forgot they flew planes into the twin towers yelling Allahu akbar. So let's look out for them.

The only thing you got right is that we need to revolk the partriot act. It is bad legislation, you get an A for that thought. Why don't you go buy a dictionary and look up humility, and then start to practice that. I am sure you would get a better response to your blatantly self serving, egotistical posts. :nutz

Can you briefly explain what prompted you to call somebody's word choice "trashy", when you violated several grammar and syntax rules in this post? You know an argument is going down the drain when word choice becomes your rebuttal.

Instead of getting upset over trivial matters on the internet, maybe you can own up to being 100% wrong about Hitler and his Christian views.

This is becoming borderline woodshed material.