Rate Our Recruiters...

Best Recruiter  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 5 months later...

Garrison, Fisher, Warren, jp, Beck, Ron brown, Barney, els.

My beef with giving JP the DC was it was going to take him off the road a bunch. He and Beck are great recruiters with a sh#t ton of connections, they just aren't out as much anymore.

Like what Warren its bringing to the table. Want to see a full years worth of work still. Lee was a lay up for him .

Garrison and Fisher are more like 1 and 1A. They have been on point the last two years. Garrison closed gates, but Barney did most of theeg work

My beef with giving JP the DC was it was going to take him off the road a bunch. He and Beck are great recruiters with a sh#t ton of connections, they just aren't out as much anymore.

Have been curious about Beck because he's been in on the QBs and not much else the last few years. But that makes sense.

Have been curious about Beck because he's been in on the QBs and not much else the last few years. But that makes sense.

Alot of talent at the qb position last 3 yrs. Not that Taylor wasn't. Not privy to who recruited Taylor, Green etc...

Alot of talent at the qb position last 3 yrs. Not that Taylor wasn't. Not privy to who recruited Taylor, Green etc...

Taylor was Carl. Green was Watson

Last three years compiled - per 247

2012:

John Garrison - Michael Rose, Jordan Westerkamp, Corey Whitaker, Sam Cotton

John Papuchis - Greg McMullen, Vincent Valentine

Ross Els - Michael Rose, Jared Afalava, Zaire Anderson

Ron Brown - Jared Afalava, Imani Cross, Avery Moss

Tim Beck - Alonzo Moore, Tommy Armstrong

Barney Cotton - Paul Thurston

Rick Kaczenski - Aaron Curry

Rich Fisher - Thomas Brown

Bo Pelini - None

2013:

Barney Cotton - Josh Banderas, Cethan Carter, AJ Natter, Dwayne Johnson, Greg Hart, Nathan Gerry, Matt Finnin

John Garrison - David Knevel, Zach Hannon, Dwayne Johnson, Maliek Collins, Chongo Kondolo, Matt Finnin

Rick Kaczenski - Randy Gregory, Adam Taylor, Ernest Suttles, Maliek Collins, Kevin Maurice

John Papuchis - Courtney Love, AJ Natter, Greg Hart, Kevin Gladney, Kevin Maurice, Gabriel Miller

Terry Joseph - Cethan Carter, DJ Singleton, Nathan Gerry, Boaz Joseph

Rich Fisher - Terrell Newby, Chongo Kondolo, Kevin Gladney

Ross Els - Josh Banderas, Courtney Love, DJ Singleton

Ron Brown - Terrell Newby, Adam Taylor

Tim Beck - David Knevel, Johnny Stanton

Bo Pelini - Drake Martinez

2014:

John Garrison - Tanner Farmer, Nick Gates, Peyton Newell, Monte Harrison, DJ Foster

Rich Fisher - Monte Harrison, Demornay Pierson-El, Jariah Tolbert, Chris Jones, Glenn Irons

Barney Cotton - Nick Gates, DJ Foster, Freedom Akinmoladun, Luke Gifford, Mick Stoltenberg

Ross Els - Joshua Kalu, Jaevon Walton, Larenzo Stewart, Trai Mosley, Drew Brown

Rick Kaczenski - Joe Keels, Peyton Newell, Sedrick King, DeAndre Wills

Ron Brown - Mikale Wilbon, Mick Stoltenberg, Larenzo Stewart

Charlton Warren - Trai Mosley, Chris Jones, AJ Bush

John Papuchis - Demornay Pierson-El, Sedrick King

Tim Beck - Zach Darlington, AJ Bush

Terry Joseph - Byerson Cockrell, Joshua Kalu

Bo Pelini - None

• 2 weeks later...

Nice article by McKewon about Garrison and our recruiting in general.

“If you want to look at it as I'm a salesman, I say I'm selling a really premium product,” Garrison said. “It's about relationships, the character of our people — and hopefully my character and our character as a staff. We have guys who care about kids.”

Those lines are mantras for many college coaches. But they were especially effective for Garrison, one of just four Big Ten coaches on the annual list. He had a big haul for the 2014 cycle, landing four-star offensive linemen Tanner Farmer and Nick Gates, and helping land wide receiver Monte Harrison in the Kansas City area and defensive tackle Peyton Newell in Hiawatha, Kan.

Garrison's already on the board for 2015, too, with Baldwin City (Kan.) tackle Christian Gaylord. Garrison's recruiting territory primarily consists of the 500-mile radius — which he shares with run game coordinator Barney Cotton — and Kansas, Missouri and Illinois, specifically.

Of his 2014 recruits, Gates was the toughest pull. Alabama, Texas A&M, Oregon and UCLA were among the schools that offered the Las Vegas Bishop Gorman High School product who was NU's top right tackle target, and the 6-foot-5 270-pounder was mulling a late visit to the Bruins before canceling it and picking the Huskers two weeks before signing day. It was “a battle to the end,” Garrison said, and Nebraska benefited from having done more work than other schools at the beginning of the recruiting process.

Gates' commitment, Garrison said, was an example of NU's recruiting system working efficiently, a system overseen by Pelini and recruiting coordinator Ross Els.